Hi-speed/broadband Options In Phuket?

webworldly

Greetings!

The DSL service for the computer I am using today is connected via a modem through the phone line. The result is that the internet speed is decent (850kb), but it makes it impossible to use the phone line at the same time as the modem is plugged in.

To be clear, there is still a dial tone on the phone line when the internet modem is connected....but there is so much "noise" on the line (the unmistakable sound of the hissing that the modem makes) that you literally can't hear the person you are calling. I've used DSL services before, and none had this sort of problem....meaning, on all of the others you could easily talk on the phone and use the internet simultaneously.

Do you know of some better way of achieving my goal of a high speed internet connection (the faster the better!) and being able to talk on the phone at the same time? Is there something different (hardware?) that would help the existing DSL connection be "more quiet"....or is there a different high speed internet service option (cable?)?

Any ideas are much appreciated.

CHEERS!

D

Greetings!

The DSL service for the computer I am using today is connected via a modem through the phone line. The result is that the internet speed is decent (850kb), but it makes it impossible to use the phone line at the same time as the modem is plugged in.

To be clear, there is still a dial tone on the phone line when the internet modem is connected....but there is so much "noise" on the line (the unmistakable sound of the hissing that the modem makes) that you literally can't hear the person you are calling. I've used DSL services before, and none had this sort of problem....meaning, on all of the others you could easily talk on the phone and use the internet simultaneously.

Do you know of some better way of achieving my goal of a high speed internet connection (the faster the better!) and being able to talk on the phone at the same time? Is there something different (hardware?) that would help the existing DSL connection be "more quiet"....or is there a different high speed internet service option (cable?)?

Any ideas are much appreciated.

CHEERS!

D

You have got an ADSL filter for the phone and modem right.............if not that is why your phone is not working.

Get a DSL filter for 200 baht.