NCPO rejects Thaksin’s claim of election delay

rooster59

NCPO rejects Thaksin’s claim of election delay

By The Nation

A spokesman for the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) on Saturday insisted that there was no change in the schedule for the next election.

Maj-General Piyapong Klinphan debunked speculation by former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra about a change in the election schedule.

At his birthday party in London on Friday, Thaksin attacked the NCPO, saying the junta would try to further delay the election. Piyapong said there has been no development to warrant a postponement.

The NCPO chief, Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha, has said the next election would be held in February.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30350997

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-07-29

6 minutes ago, tomta said:

Has the date of the coronation been announced yet? I haven't heard it. The election according to the rules Prayuth makes up on a whim has to be after the coronation.

Yeah i just got the news on the coronation Its been delayed to Feb 2020

I compere these elections to a football match in England It would be Man United(the gov) versus the local dart players from the local pub ( Opposition) What chance do you think the dart players have with their pot bellies? 1,000,0000-1 seems pretty fair dont you think

1 hour ago, Happyman58 said:

I compere these elections to a football match in England It would be Man United(the gov) versus the local dart players from the local pub ( Opposition) What chance do you think the dart players have with their pot bellies? 1,000,0000-1 seems pretty fair dont you think

Was there ever a finer athlete than Jocky Wilson?

Man United are clearly scared of them anyway. Why else would they keep postponing the match?

3 minutes ago, baboon said:

Was there ever a finer athlete than Jocky Wilson?

Man United are clearly scared of them anyway. Why else would they keep postponing the match?

Yeah true what other reason would be  lol lol lol lol lol lol  :cheesy::post-4641-1156694572:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, tukkytuktuk said:

Thai people thank you so much for giving me good life Hope you stay poor and i will continue my good life In London You just a big bunch of suckers ;like me and my sister thought you were 

13 hours ago, greenchair said:

I was expecting this weekend to be a sea of people dressed in yellow shirts, to show their support. Instead there were a few pockets here and there. It is indicative of the sentiment of the people. 

The tribe has spoken. 

Yellow is the new black?

13 hours ago, greenchair said:

I was expecting this weekend to be a sea of people dressed in yellow shirts, to show their support. Instead there were a few pockets here and there. It is indicative of the sentiment of the people. 

The tribe has spoken. 

He is just a lot less popular as his father.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

He is just a lot less popular as his father.

It depends how you look at it. I am seeing it from a political viewpoint of the color and not the traditional viewpoint of use of the color. 

As we all know, the meaning of the color yellow has been political for quite some time now. 

Suthep and his mates have cleverly turned the colours of the flag and the colour of yellow to make it look like they have support when they don't. Never missing an opportunity to have everyone in yellow. 

In my opinion, it says a lot that nobody is wearing it this weekend. It may well have nothing to do with the father and the son, but more to do with not being seen to support a certain party. 

• Like 1

It matters not  when a election is held , it is what happens after the election that will ultimately decide the direction Thailand will take in the following years, as for democracy,  it might not be a path that everyone will like..

1 hour ago, chainarong said:

It matters not  when a election is held , it is what happens after the election that will ultimately decide the direction Thailand will take in the following years, as for democracy,  it might not be a path that everyone will like..

Think it is what happens before the election that matters even more.  If it is to advance Thailand instead of leaving it as a cash cow for the elite.

If and when it is held I hope there are lots of international observers.  It would help, a little, if most of the surrounding countries were not even worse.

Cambodia landslide victory for Hun Sen must be quite the temptation for the junta to bend the legal system to dissolve PTP before the election. FFP will follow suit. Such is the state of the corrupt nation and desperate attempt of the military and the establishment to maintain their dominance. 

• Like 1