Future Forward Party execs summoned to hear charges

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Not comparing juntas and gangsters and drop dead gorgeous prime ministers.  Comparing attitudes.  Before the Vietnam war and before Pol Pot, Cambodians had a similar attitudes as modern day Thais.  Remember old adage: "Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it" ?   You can learn from historical happenings that are not your own.  You even mentioned that in a post a few days ago with the washing machine analogy.  If you are not vigilant and do not care, bad things can happen to you.  If I had a girlfriend like yours, that is something I would talk about, because Thailand seems to repeat history on an almost daily basis. 

I can't remember the washing machine post maybe it was not me.

Anyway, I doubt that the junta will become a Poll pot, you might not I do. I guess we differ on that one. It could happen but more chances it would no (IMHO). I agree with my GF that they are all crooks and until there is a viable alternative why do more then voting and or risk getting in trouble just to get an other pair of crooks in power. Let those crooks themselves march up against the army. Some have promised that... but cowardly fled when it got serious. Why would normal Thais have to risk themselves while the new crooks reap the rewards. Voting is about as much as they should do until there is a good alternative.

10 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

The comment Thanathorn made that brought him the charge was he implicated the NCPO using lawsuits as bargaining chip to lure former MPs to Palang Pracharath. He did have the proof from first-hand information of such intimidation from a number of ex-MPs; he alleged. Think most of us have that perception and doubt that these ex-MPs joined PP because they like Prayut or think the junta is doing an excellent job. Really the PP is a party of whores.  

The PP is a party of whores but it says a lot about the parties they were lured away from. You can't keep people like that in your party without paying. So it says as much about the new party they joined as the old party.

I 100% believe that these guys were bribed to join an other party, why because I also believe they were paid to stay at their original party. Its unlikely they were innocents lambs to begin with.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

The PP is a party of whores but it says a lot about the parties they were lured away from. You can't keep people like that in your party without paying. So it says as much about the new party they joined as the old party.

I 100% believe that these guys were bribed to join an other party, why because I also believe they were paid to stay at their original party. Its unlikely they were innocents lambs to begin with.

Certainly no innocent lambs and bribe didn't work and the junta has to bring out their heavy weapon of lawsuit intimidation that will guarantee flipping. 

• Like 1

Just now, Eric Loh said:

Certainly no innocent lambs and bribe didn't work and the junta has to bring out their heavy weapon of lawsuit intimidation that will guarantee flipping. 

Bribes worked on quite a few.. and that says a lot about the previous party.. it actually supports my views that a lot of PTP MP's got a salary from Thaksin. (hence the whores and easy flipping to a party that pays more).

Now it seems the junta is doing the same.. Thai politics i a huge mess. PTP supports crooks.. junta supports crooks.. and then people ask why the normal people are no longer interested in politics.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, zyphodb said:

And the Elite 0.5% that the generals protect....

But what he wants, cutting the armies budget.. im quite certain the constitution has some protection there that prevents him from doing so (even if he was in the government). I wan't it... but i doubt it can be done. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

Crooks and politicians go hands in gloves and found everywhere in the world. What we don’t need are junta crooks disguised as politicians with illlegimate power to harass and intimidate and no intention of leaving office. 

We need junta crooks just as much as PTP crooks, we just don't need crooks in politics regardless of their political preference. I would prefer a honest PTP over a junta crook and a honest junta member over a PTP crook. Get it ?

Edited by robblok

14 hours ago, Eligius said:

Yes - I've said from very early on that no way will this refreshingly progressive party be allowed to go forward (forgive the pun) if it is genuinely committed to democracy and justice.

How pathetic this junta is. Scared little midgets. 

With even smaller appendages 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

No we don’t need junta crooks with no avenue for prosecution and self written amnesty to get out of jail. That’s the slogan for FFP “ no more coups”. If you like them as you often said, then you simply can’t have junta crooks. Right?

Did i not write down we need no more crooks ? Unlike you I don't have to make a difference between junta and other crooks. We just don't need any crooks in government period (or any other place). No matter what kind. Its quite simple. 

^^^ Hopefully we're ok because very few Thais can read English^^^

I'm sure if this was Thai language it would have been shut down years ago & quite a few of us would have had to leave the country....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

The beginning of the end for Future forward party.

Or, perhaps not. They haven't been banned or dismissed as of yet.

I would imagine that there might be similar political factions, waiting in the wings, to replace. 

Seems to be a much different sense and atmosphere as to the old guard's connective tissue towards most everything. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zyphodb said:

I'm sure if this was Thai language it would have been shut down years ago & quite a few of us would have had to leave the country....

If you really believe there are very few Thai's who can read English, you certainly must be leading a very sheltered life somewhere other than Thailand. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, zyphodb said:

Yet, there are numerous, long standing, and quite active Thai language sources that continue to be the bane of the Thai establishment - usually rubbing them the wrong way. And yet, continue to thrive as they always have. 

The said issues and assumptions have little to do with language and more to do with political motive and intent. 

You [et al] need to get out more and heighten your observation skills - 

Personally, I've always been amused as to Farang's take on Thai society - be they long-time residents, passers by, or other wannabes that really haven't a clue. All such characters can be found throughout the number of Thai-themed "expat" fora. 

1 minute ago, Artisi said:

If you really believe there are very few Thai's who can read English, you certainly must be leading a very sheltered life somewhere other than Thailand. 

Yep....

Belonging to the class as described above.

35 minutes ago, Artisi said:

I live in Isaan, where most Thais live BTW & here, there are very few Thais who can read English...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zyphodb said:

I live in Isaan, where most Thais live BTW & here, there are very few Thais who can read English...

But your inference was Thai's other than those living in Issan, who are likely to he reading and understanding what is being said on Thaivisa.

It would be fair to say that the people of Issan wouldn't even know anything or even care about Thaivisa. 

Edited by Artisi

On 8/23/2018 at 9:00 AM, lovelomsak said:

The beginning of the end for Future forward party.

Regrettably true, unless the people speak loudly in support. That would most likely be the students. The junta has backed down a few times if there is enough pushback from the public. They will want to show some action taken for fear of losing face. But they want to knock his wheels off with out creating a rallying point for the opposition since there is enough resentment against the junta right now that a valid option (for the circus they have created) exist would be a true threat to their grip on power. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, boonrawdcnx said:

Thanathorn said weeks ago if he wins the elections the first thing he will do is tear up the military constitution! So he obviously does not care what it says in that document forced upon the Thai people by an unelected government and their puppets.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

He might not care about it, but he has to  have a huge amount of support to be able to tear it up without risking a coup. If they want to tear the constitution up something I certainly would not oppose they should do it legally. If they don't it will be nullified or the army will come out to play.