Brit hero cave diver Vernon Unsworth’s mum reveals her son IS preparing to sue Elon Musk over ‘paedo guy’ slur

webfact

HITTING BACK 

Brit hero cave diver Vernon Unsworth’s mum reveals her son IS preparing to sue Elon Musk over ‘paedo guy’ slur

The billionaire initially apologised for his remarks but has now repeated the slur prompting the Thailand cave rescue hero to consult lawyers

By Tariq Tahir

vu.jpg

Vernon Unsworth is now preparing to take legal action against Elon Musk //EPA

A BRITISH diver who helped in the Thailand cave rescue is suing Elon Musk after the Tesla tycoon called him a "paedo guy".

Vernon Unsworth has launched legal action after Musk repeated the slur despite earlier being forced to apologise after he first made the allegation.

But his mother Vera Unsworth has revealed her son is now consulting lawyers. “He’s consulted his lawyer this morning. That’s all he’s told me,” the 88-year-old said from her house in Braintree, Essex, reports the MailOnline.

Full story: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7127117/vernon-unsworth-preparing-sue-elon-musk/

-- THE SUN 2018-2018-08-30

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elon Musk has been having a hard time recently, perhaps a long rest might be in order.

However, I can't help the feeling that this story is being pushed by the Sun for their own purposes; nothing like a good story about billionaires, paedos, and a tropical country which is great for holidays.

Why do I think that there will need to be several 'fact-finding' holidays... er... ahem... missions?

Amazing to still see that some believe Vernon is a cave diver - a cave diver dives and a caver explore with no diving involved - Vernon is a caver....

The sue part we have heard before and nothing happened so far - so better to discuss it if and when a case actually has been established...

1 hour ago, Samui Bodoh said:

However, I can't help the feeling that this story is being pushed by the Sun for their own purposes; nothing like a good story about billionaires, paedos, and a tropical country which is great for holidays.

The Sun is having a blast this week, what with this and the Koh Tao rape case. 

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Vernon Unsworth has launched legal action after Musk repeated the slur despite earlier being forced to apologise after he first made the allegation.

But his mother Vera Unsworth has revealed her son is now consulting lawyers.

This sentences don't make any sense.

Unsworthy has launched legal action but now is consulting lawyers. What did he launch legal action with, circus clowns?

5 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Unsworthy has launched legal action but now is consulting lawyers. What did he launch legal action with, circus clowns?

Perhaps "has launched legal action" means his lawyers are in the process of doing it, and Vern is providing them with further details first?

Well it is The Sun we're talking about here - never known to let the truth get in the way of a good story.

6 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Exactly right. If what his mum says is correct, then Vern is investigating legal avenues to take action against Musk. 

Not impressed with the posters attacking Vern for keeping shtum (and thereby encouraging the likes of the Sun to approach his mum). I've seen the effects of an allegation like this before against an innocent party, and it's devastating (the guy concerned took years to regain his confidence and mix with his friends again). So Vern must be hurting. Sometimes it's best to just keep your head down until the hysteria goes away.

1 minute ago, bluesofa said:

Perhaps "has launched legal action" means his lawyers are in the process of doing it, and Vern is providing them with further details first?

Well it is The Sun we're talking about here - never known to let the truth get in the way of a good story.

And he did not consult with them before they started the process?

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

Vern old lad, your case is fast losing credibility, tell your dear old mum to stay quiet, as she is making you look like a weak willed mummys boy.

The old girl is 88 years old! did you ever tried  telling your 88 year old mother anything?:tongue:

My Mom passed away at 84(miss her dearly) , God forbid anyone told her I could not walk on water. LOL 

1 minute ago, sirineou said:
5 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

And he did not consult with them before they started the process?

"Has launched legal action" is a vague term anyway - and don't forget this is a Sun report. For all anyone knows it could purely mean told his lawyers he wants to do it, and is sorting out the details. It's all speculation anyway - regarding details.

It doesn't specifically say "has already issued a writ". Even if it used those words in The Sun, it wouldn't mean much anyway,

I'm not taking sides, just pointing out the The Sun's policy always seems to be: 'Details? Don't bother us with details.'

I see Mr Musk made some kind of tweet on the 28th saying something along the lines of why hasn't he sued me yet. I read that Vern has engaged a lawyer based in Atlanta and a letter was sent to Mr Musk on the 6th of August. Watch this space i guess for the next episode. 

2 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

Why is this old bloke's mum always speaking for him?

Has he been in Thailand so long that he's become a mummy's boy?  

☺️

He could be seeing his mother's lawyer over that remark.

3 hours ago, ttrd said:

Amazing to still see that some believe Vernon is a cave diver - a cave diver dives and a caver explore with no diving involved - Vernon is a caver....

The sue part we have heard before and nothing happened so far - so better to discuss it if and when a case actually has been established...

Yeah, but hero diver makes more editorial noise, not that he doesn't deserve the highest thanks for suggesting the appropriate divers for the rescue and his knowledge of the cave system. Without his input the team and their coach would propably be still in the cave. 

3 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

☺️

Maybe he can't be bothered to answer the slur's from Musk - better thing's to do, shame Musk doesn't follow suit. 

Am I the only one who things Musk is certifiably insane? What on earth is he doing? Is he just a Trump type, with an emotionally stunted character, who cannot control what he says or does? Does he actually believe the stuff he says? Does he realize how ridiculous he appears, to the entire world? He tweeted something very ignorant and hurtful, investors lost confidence in his sanity, the Tesla stock price dropped precipitously, losing him billions, he nearly lost his chairmanship of his company in the process, and now he re-tweets the same garbage? I define that as clinically insane. 

I think there is confusion here because of missing information.

This unfortunate accusation recently got revived as a result of Musk responding to a new tweet this week. The "revival" is explained in the International edition of The Guardian. Somebody tweeted and Musk responded that there is a reason why Vern has not sued him (that "reason" seems to imply guilt on Verns part, in Musks mind).

And maybe this current news item is why Mum got involved.

3 hours ago, sirineou said:

It’s the sun, do you really expect logic, actual facts, the truth or anything vaguely resembling integrity or honesty? 

3 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

☺️

Hey ! We have just had thoughts from mum about KT and the mafia .   Don't desrespect yo momma. ( OMG I 've gone yank ).  I took my mum to Denbies Wine Estate when she was 90 and I said " They are not rissoles , they are Italian meat balls mother "  She replied  " I will smack you in a minute ! "

43 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Am I the only one who things Musk is certifiably insane? What on earth is he doing? Is he just a Trump type, with an emotionally stunted character, who cannot control what he says or does? Does he actually believe the stuff he says? Does he realize how ridiculous he appears, to the entire world? He tweeted something very ignorant and hurtful, investors lost confidence in his sanity, the Tesla stock price dropped precipitously, losing him billions, he nearly lost his chairmanship of his company in the process, and now he re-tweets the same garbage? I define that as clinically insane. 

Your 3rd sentence is on the mark. 

40 minutes ago, neeray said:

I think there is confusion here because of missing information.

This unfortunate accusation recently got revived as a result of Musk responding to a new tweet this week. The "revival" is explained in the International edition of The Guardian. Somebody tweeted and Musk responded that there is a reason why Vern has not sued him (that "reason" seems to imply guilt on Verns part, in Musks mind).

And maybe this current news item is why Mum got involved.

Guilt or no guilt, the Musk rat has left himself wide open making such unfounded statements. 

4 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

☺️

Mum's do all the talking in UK, girl that was allegedly raped too!

4 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

☺️

Pretty obvious really the "Sun!" will grasp at anything since he is I suppose in Thailand, hi mum is the next best thingt, so in they steam!

Archived