Mobile banking system makes ‘errors’, banks not explaining

webfact

Mobile banking system makes ‘errors’, banks not explaining

By The Nation

b4d6b1f57346007adceb3fcc83ea0b65-sld.png

The mobile banking service of several banks were found to be making errors on Friday morning.

Customers have asked the central bank to explain what has happened as they could not transfer money via smartphones.

The Bank of Thailand has not yet clarified the problem.

One customer was unable to access the KMA Krungsri online app on Friday morning. It showed a new page and asked for users to enter their username and password but the system did not work when the customer entered them.

She later called the bank’s service centre at 10am and was informed that the system was making errors. It would take about an hour before it had returned to normal, the bank told her.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30353418

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-08-31

Ever since Bangkok Bank's "system upgrade" 24-25 August, the iBanking system has been acting strangely for me.   Sometimes works fine like it always had but 1/2 the times, it lags, often taking 30-45 seconds to react to button click.  When that happens, about 1/2 the time, the process Times Out completely.  

Anybody else see this?  Wasn't sure if it was something on my side, 3BB or related to whatever Bangkok Bank did during the system upgrade.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Ever since Bangkok Bank's "system upgrade" 24-25 August, the iBanking system has been acting strangely for me.   Sometimes works fine like it always had but 1/2 the times, it lags, often taking 30-45 seconds to react to button click.  When that happens, about 1/2 the time, the process Times Out completely.  

Anybody else see this?  Wasn't sure if it was something on my side, 3BB or related to whatever Bangkok Bank did during the system upgrade.

Just happened again.  Did 1 transfer, no problem.  Did a second one, hit "Transfer" and it lagged a bit then said couldn't find the site.  Sometimes it sits and spins and times out. 

image.png.24f306477aa1edf18806af8138351d66.png

This is a global phenomena. We have made our societies much to dependant with the internet and other online protocols....the entire world has become vulnerable and our societies will crash if the connection goes  globally offline,  either from a technical issue,  or a ill intented human action.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

I posted very early this morning about Kasikorn.  Other banks are effected.  Strangle in our area not only is fibre internet a problem but AIS comms seem to be experiencing a major problem with 3G/4G , no internet from time to time etc.  Could this be a nationwide cyber strike that the government are not admitting too ?

KBANK's online banking web site a tad slow this morning (EU time), but this happens at every month's end.

Sometimes even causes money transfers to fail repeatedly. Not this time, though. I made a transfer an hour ago or so and it went through.

13 minutes ago, boonrawdcnx said:

I use BualuangMBanking since more than a year now without any problems - no problems after the recent upgrade either.
Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thanks.  I'm on desktop computer.  Never got into using my phone and Apps for banking. 

Just went to the Mobile Banking site to check it out.  Looks like it's down for maintenance from yesterday to today.  Leery of Apps and phones but may give it a try. 

image.png.1baf01e576e08c955249ca8c1d0437b9.png

Edited by 55Jay

1 hour ago, 55Jay said:

Been working perfectly for me on multiple different internet providers.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Just went to the Mobile Banking site to check it out.  Looks like it's down for maintenance from yesterday to today. 

They're lying. Today's their peak day for transactions. No way they would have a planned maintenance today. Doesn't make sense, even in Thailand.

They're hiding some real problems behind a planned maintenance.

Edited by Lannig

Central bank: online shutdown resolved

By The Nation

The Bank of Thailand says most banks have now resumed online banking services after networks crashed on Friday morning.

The central bank statement said the problem was caused by overwhelming online transactions of one bank affecting other networks and preventing online banking on smartphones.

The central bank asked banks to temporarily shutdown their network traffic to enable it to upgrade its own systems.

Now most banks had resumed online banking services normally, said the central bank.

A source said the problem was caused by Kasikornbank, which has largest online banking market share.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/business/30353434

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-08-31

Thanks.  I'm on desktop computer.  Never got into using my phone and Apps for banking. 

Just went to the Mobile Banking site to check it out.  Looks like it's down for maintenance from yesterday to today.  Leery of Apps and phones but may give it a try. 

This is very strange since I have accessed my Mobil Banking twice about two and one hour ago without problems and transferred funds to a Kasikorn account without problems!!?

I do not use online banking on a desktop in Thailand - too dangerous. I think you should double check that you have not been redirected to a fake BBL website.

It would be strange that BBL would advice customers that mobile banking is down until 5 PM today due to maintenance when it is not !

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

This is a global phenomena. We have made our societies much to dependant with the internet and other online protocols....the entire world has become vulnerable and our societies will crash if the connection goes  globally offline,  either from a technical issue,  or a ill intented human action.

and just wait until everything goes truly cashless...…….

• Like 1

Just now, boonrawdcnx said:

This is very strange since I have accessed my Mobil Banking twice about two and one hour ago without problems and transferred funds to a Kasikorn account without problems!!?

I do not use online banking on a desktop in Thailand - too dangerous. I think you should double check that you have not been redirected to a fake BBL website.

It would be strange that BBL would advice customers that mobile banking is down until 5 PM today due to maintenance when it is not !

That notice was from the M site.  Did say the App will still work despite the maintenance period. 

Sorry my mistake - it says the Mobil App is working as usual!

I find the App great and easy to use - you are also immediately notified if you either access the app by email - as well as any transactions you make through the app.
It also works only with the phone number you provide to the bank when you apply for the app - which means you cannot sign in from any other phone than your own which makes it much safer than signing in on any computer.

• Thanks 1