Mobile banking system makes ‘errors’, banks not explaining

webfact

5 hours ago, ikwiljou said:

Bangkok Bank still not working. Mobile Banking, desktop internet bangking and also ATM not working

Opened it twice today via the website.

Zero problems and quick.

ATM can't tell, no need.

Kasikorn and SCB also working fine.

Money is still there. Whew!

Edited by KhunBENQ

Again and again poster make false assumptions about cyber attack, internet related problems.

It was (is) not.

Unfortunately the best article I saw today is from Bangkok Post (links not allowed here), date stamp 1 Sep 2018 at 04:00h.

It was purely homemade, overloading the inter banking network/system.

K-Bank is clearly identified as the culprit,

The wording leaves a chance that today still some interruption might occur.

Edited by KhunBENQ

On 8/31/2018 at 1:45 PM, observer90210 said:

This is a global phenomena. We have made our societies much to dependant with the internet and other online protocols....the entire world has become vulnerable and our societies will crash if the connection goes  globally offline,  either from a technical issue,  or a ill intented human action.

The end of civilization is nigh, and exhibit A is an internet banking error message!  

• Haha 1

Now BBL Mobil banking is down as well - can log on but after trying to transfer funds an error message comes up - but message does not explain why - just an annoying message saying to log on again and try again - with the same results and same error message all over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

8 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Sorry that you have crap internet. I live out in the sticks and get a great service from CAT. Always close to the speed offered with next to no downtime.

Wow, I live out in the sticks and get crap Internet from TOT. Can you tell me how to contact CAT?

cheers

nick

Edited by nickcar
Spelling

On 8/31/2018 at 12:40 PM, 55Jay said:

Ever since Bangkok Bank's "system upgrade" 24-25 August, the iBanking system has been acting strangely for me.   Sometimes works fine like it always had but 1/2 the times, it lags, often taking 30-45 seconds to react to button click.  When that happens, about 1/2 the time, the process Times Out completely.  

Anybody else see this?  Wasn't sure if it was something on my side, 3BB or related to whatever Bangkok Bank did during the system upgrade.

Same for me. Specifically in peak times after the salaries were transferred. Not responding or timing out as you describe. Everything else works like stream, email and other browser tabs. Seems to be Bangkok Bank related.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WorldTravellerMUC said:

Same for me. Specifically in peak times after the salaries were transferred. Not responding or timing out as you describe. Everything else works like stream, email and other browser tabs. Seems to be Bangkok Bank related.

Thanks, you're the first one to say that (I think).  Had been thinking it was something on my end after a Win10 or Firefox update or something - who knows.   As you say though, no problems with other sites or obvious computer issues. 

Been using their web based iBanking nearly every day for over 5 years and never had any problems like this, including end of month.  Just a coincidence perhaps but for me, these lags and complete time outs began after their recent system upgrade.

Transfers from Krungsri account to  Kasokorn scheduled half-monthly went completely crazy. One tansfer went after 3 days of asking the next 10 and continued in this vain to the next schedule. Tried to amend/cancel and couldn't. Went into my local Krungsri branch got nowhere had to cancel account and open another. Back to transferring cash by old route - across the counter.