Chipped windshield

Spaniel

Last week while  driving on the motorway (route 7)  a stone put a small chip in my windshield.       It is kind of off center so not annoying but I still want to get it repaired.     Are their repair kits available or better to just take to the Honda dealer?

There's plenty of places around that will repair the chip for about 800 baht (last time I had it done), I can tell you where there's such a place in Chiang Mai but if you're elsewhere, find out which auto glass repair places the insurance company uses and ask them.

I repair them mysef (easy),  but order these repairsets on Ebay for a  few pounds.  

Dont know where to buy them in Thailand, but i am sure they are out there.  If nobody know here, just ask around ...

8 hours ago, Spaniel said:

Thanks everyone for the helpful replies.

If it is cracked it will open up and you will need to replace the windscreen (often a good idea if your screen is an old one and has numerous small chips on it already. Our insurance covered replacement on both of our cars. Also had a chip repaired once. 

• Like 1

There's plenty of places around that will repair the chip for about 800 baht (last time I had it done), I can tell you where there's such a place in Chiang Mai but if you're elsewhere, find out which auto glass repair places the insurance company uses and ask them.
Where's the place in Chiang Mai, please?

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

On 8/31/2018 at 6:31 PM, Henkjan2 said:

I repair them mysef (easy),  but order these repairsets on Ebay for a  few pounds.  

Dont know where to buy them in Thailand, but i am sure they are out there.  If nobody know here, just ask around ...

you can get the DIY repair kits in MrDIY

hope that helps

Head out of town, East, over the Narawat Bridge, in the direction of the ring road - once over the bridge go straight and  turn left at the first traffic light, as though heading towards Siaree (the ehem, gentlemans club) and also the back way towards Floral Condo (the tall condo building). Fifty metres after the turn, on the right hand side is an auto glass shop, they handle all the windshield work for the big insurance companies.