World’s First Illuminated Baseball Lets You Play Catch in the Dark

ASEAN NOW Content Team

Ever wish you could play a game of catch at night, without needing a powerful light source? Well, with the new SparkCatch LED-illuminated baseball, now you can.

SparkCatch, aka Meteor Baseball, is the brainchild of two Chinese baseball enthusiasts who spent over four years trying to come up with a solution that would allow like-minded baseball fans play the beautiful game anytime, even in the dead of night, without proper lighting. After years of researching materials and concepts, about 100 tests and three generations of prototypes, the two young entrepreneurs managed to come up with an illuminated baseball that can actually withstand being hit with a baseball bat.

Link, one of the co-founders of SparkCatch started working on an illuminated baseball in 2013, despite all of his friends telling him it couldn’t be done. That year, he created his first prototype, which looked beautiful when thrown in the dark, but broke after just the second throw. But the failure didn’t demoralize Link, who, by 2014 already had another prototype and had met Tim, the company’s other co-founder, a designer with fund-raising experience. Together, they would go on to create the world’s first illuminated baseball.

The SparkCatch has the same leather exterior and stitching as a regular baseball, but it’s actually made of an elastic material that is able to withstand bat hit at up to 140km/h without breaking or allowing the electronic components inside to be damaged. Even if water somehow finds its way inside the ball, it can be used again as soon as it dries up, or so its creators claim, anyway.

Full article

On 9/14/2018 at 12:31 PM, Thaivisa Web Content Team said:

Ever wish you could play a game of catch at night, without needing a powerful light source? Well, with the new SparkCatch LED-illuminated baseball, now you can.

And not a moment too soon!

If I had a dollar for every time I got hit on the head (which explains a lot about my posts) while trying to play cach in the dark I would have three dollars (I gave up after the third beanning) 

Archived