Jealous ex shoots wife's new husband at Nakorn Sri Thammarat grocery store

webfact

Jealous ex shoots wife's new husband at Nakorn Sri Thammarat grocery store

1PM.jpg

Picture: Sanook

It had only been three months since forty five year old Wichan Kanchananukoon had lost his wife to the affections of the local grocery store owner. 

His wife Sa-Orn keauklai, 44, had moved in with Somchai Phonsap, 46. 

But resentment festered in the mind of Wichan as he continued life in the southern Thai town. 

When Wichan, an assistant to the poo yai ban in charge of security in the area, went to have a drink outside the shop of his rival on Monday night a jealous argument erupted. 

Wichan went home furious on his Honda Dream. There he picked up a .38 gun and returned to the store. 

At point blank range he shot his ex wife's new husband in the head.

He then fled the scene but was soon in the custody of the Lan Saka police. Somchai died in hospital from his injuries.

Wichan admitted everything and was taken on a re-enactment to the scene of the crime. 

He has been charged with murder and weapons offences and detained. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-26

5 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

So he shoots him in front of a cctv, typical idiotic Thai criminal behavouir, why not wait and ambush him in some dark alley,sure he probably would have been caught , but maybe not,anyway looks like he will serve a long stretch.

It's a "crime of passion" with very little rational thought process involved.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Esso49 said:

Thainess,  Buddhist ideals and easy gun access at its illustrative best combination of evil deeds.

My first reaction to this was to scoff at the "Buddhist ideals" part but then I reconsidered and looked it up. This is what I found:

In Buddhism, the law of karma, says "for every event that occurs, there will follow another event whose existence was caused by the first, and this second event will be pleasant or unpleasant according as its cause was skillful or unskillful." Therefore, the law of Karma teaches that the responsibility for unskillful actions is borne by the person who commits them.

14 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

But in this "crime of passion" , the shooter had time to reflect while he returned home to fetch the gun, which he just happened to have at home, before returning to the shop to shoot the new husband at point-blank range.  Not the accepted version of a crime of passion, I think, but more of a premeditated murder.

Yes, I do agree with you that the definition certainly applies with "time to reflect" but still ... "very little rational thought process involved" stands, as well as this is Thailand and here the definition may not be afforded the same legal strength as in the west. That, and the amount of time between this particular confrontation and the final action doesn't seem to have been rational, but of course, that will be for the court to decide.