Prison Terms

jasperblubber2005

:o

there is plenty of news on crime, whether it be here in pattaya or else where but i never seem to read anything about the length of jail time that the criminals will get, is there some law about preventing that kind of news from being released or is that the media doesn;t think that this is important, i guess i have gotten so use to the media back home which follows up on crimes and prints their jail time, anybody have an answer ?

jasper

Howard Miller has stated that the reporting of trial results is by invitation only. This will normally be given only in a high profile case of international interest - i.e. where the authorities can't keep the lid on it. Investigative reporting is of course strongly discouraged and can lead to visa cancellation or a trip to the emergency room.

-redwood

:o

there is plenty of news on crime, whether it be here in pattaya or else where but i never seem to read anything about the length of jail time that the criminals will get, is there some law about preventing that kind of news from being released or is that the media doesn;t think that this is important, i guess i have gotten so use to the media back home which follows up on crimes and prints their jail time, anybody have an answer ?

jasper

Jason, my understanding is that court reporting here is quite restricted by the powers that be. This is why you only get news on the really big cases and then there is not realy much detail. Quite often there is a lot more detail in the reports you see from foreign news agencies.