Postal Service/mail

mavisnt

can i have help with this little prob? :D there probably is a forum somewhere but can not find it .arriving april for 6/8 mnths ,need to know the reliability of post incoming or safer using P.O. box,its only for family /friends contact. also any dealings with Real Estate Agents for renting ,can anyone give any recomendations

thank you :o

Normal, personal mail - NOT PACKAGES - is pretty reliable. I've been in Pattaya, (well, 20 kms outside the city) for 18 months and all my snailmail goes and comes OK.

Don't try to put anything in the letters and tell your family the same, as it might go astray.

Any important documents should be sent by courier.

There have been some bad reports about PO boxes in this forum in the past, so it sounds like you should just rely on the postman to get the mail to your home.

I have been in Pattaya for getting on for six years and I have to say the postal service is satisfactory. I receive bank statements, bills, personal letters without any problem. Packages or small packets usually have to be collected from Banglamung Post Office (a postcard advises you of this and you have 10 days to collect.)

The only warning I would give is this: Greetings cards, ie. Christmas cards, birthday cards etc. have a very poor record of safe arrival. This year I received only two Christmas cards, although I know that many more were sent (to me).

Warn people overseas to 'tuck the flap in' on greetings cards and not to seal the envelope.

I understand that greetings cards are intercepted in Bangkok upon arrival and searched for cash and cheques, then shredded. (This goes on in the U.K. as well so it is not a personal attack on the Thai postal service).

A nice thick red envelope with a romantic valentine card enclosed, has about as much chance of reaching the addressee in Thailand as a manned mission to the sun.

Ive found the Postal service to be reliable. Never had anything go astray and generaly arives on time.

As for Real Estate Agents the best recomendation i could give is to not use them at all.

re estate agents-so better to go with word of mouth via friends or adds in papers,

if so ,anybody got a house to let from April please,promise not to have any wild parties(if we do we will invite you so dont worry) :o

regards M

Ive found the Postal service to be reliable. Never had anything go astray and generaly arives on time.

As for Real Estate Agents the best recomendation i could give is to not use them at all.

re estate agents-so better to go with word of mouth via friends or adds in papers,

if so ,anybody got a house to let from April please,promise not to have any wild parties(if we do we will invite you so dont worry) :o

regards M

Check the notice boards at Foodland, Friendship, Carefour etc.

Just pick out an area you like, hit the Sois and Moo baans and look for signs on the gates.