'Time traveller using mobile phone' spotted in 1940s photograph of beach goers

ASEAN NOW Content Team

dudesbroski.jpg.10f3714a6b0320180174d4cd70715b8c.jpg

Eagle eyed social media users are convinced that a time traveller has turned up in a 1940s beach shot.

The man in a scruffy brown suit can clearly be seen in the middle of the wartime photo peering into what appears to be a mobile phone. Around him are dozens of sun-loving beachgoers soaking up the last of the summer rays in September 1943.

The image was taken on Towan Beach, Cornwall, and posted online by Stuart Humphrys, who initially didn’t spot the decade dodger. He Tweeted: “British war workers escape to the seaside - this Cornish beach was photographed in September 1943.

“(It would be lovely if one of you were able to identify which beach!)”

But as soon as he posted the seaside shot, Twitter users pointed out that it had a very unusual scene among the rolled up trousers, panama hats and deckchairs. Getting the date wrong, South London History replied: “Er...is it just me or is this guy checking his phone…..in the 1950s?”

Dr Kevin Purcell added: “Good catch. It’s clearly the man in the shot is a time travelling tourist checking his mobile device.

“Finally the evidence we need that time travel is real.

“We now see things in old photos that we missed before but now we know they’re phones now that we have them.”

Gerald Jackson added: “Shows how much beachwear has changed!

“Jacket, tie and hat? Mind they did that when I was a kid in the 50s.”

But Mr Humphrys wasn’t convinced, saying: “I think that chap is rolling a cigarette!”

It’s not the first time eagle-eyed photo buffs have spotted creepily modern devices in grainy old snaps and film footage. In 2010 a cell phone user was caught on an old Charlie Chaplin film and was dubbed a time traveller by those who watched it.

George Clarke, a Belfast filmmaker, saw the eerie sight and posted the clip to YouTube. It shows a short clip from DVD extras included with Chaplin’s 1928 silent film The Circus. But looking closely, it appears a woman walks past nattering into a phone glued to her ear.

Others later claimed it was a portable hearing aid, although that seems unlikely. More than 80 years ago Umberto Romano painted ‘Mr Pynchon and the Setting of Springfield’, which shows a 17th century meeting between native Americans and English settlers in Massachusetts.

Full article

In 1943, that could just as easily be a cigarette case or a number of other period items, he's looking at.

Sometimes people see what they choose to see ! 😁

#nonsense!

Nonsense sensational news, if time travellers did exist they would not use smart phones , they would be coming from a distant future and would use communication devices built into the body. 

7 hours ago, CharlieH said:

In 1943, that could just as easily be a cigarette case or a number of other period items, he's looking at.

Sometimes people see what they choose to see ! 😁

Nonsense!

it's clearly an LG g6+ and he is having problems getting a good signal being that it is 1940 and he probably forgot to bring a cell tower with him.

On 10/8/2018 at 9:59 PM, Thaivisa Web Content Team said:

The image was taken on Towan Beach, Cornwall, and posted online by Stuart Humphrys, who initially didn’t spot the decade dodger. He Tweeted: “British war workers escape to the seaside - this Cornish beach was photographed in September 1943

“(It would be lovely if one of you were able to identify which beach!)”

Errrrmmmm Towan Beach ?

OK, let's assume it really is a time traveller, let's assume that somewhere off in the distant future they have actually made a time travelling device. Do you really think that in that day and age, they would still be using old tech mobile phones as opposed to an earpiece or some built in chip or whatever ? 

6 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

OK, let's assume it really is a time traveller, .................................................

Lets not even "assume" that , as its definitely not a time traveler

Its a traveler looking at the time 

" Eagle eyed social media users " and pea brained I reckon

Who ya gonna call?

Next up: space station spotted in 1920 photo? You need vast infrastructure to make this stuff work and/or useful. If you took one of today's cars back 60 years, where you gonna buy unleaded gas? for example.

The guys collecting shells. Just because stupid self endulged fb type children sympathize with this persons pose doesnt make it so. The last thing i would assume is a phone. Wheres the towers? did they teavel in time with the network/provider. Get a grip children....

I think it is one of those things with the little balls and lots of holes that you had to slowly get them all into.  Used to drive me crazy.  How's that for time travel.  :cheesy:

L&H.gif

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:47 AM, zzaa09 said:

Nothing like a little time travel story to bend the clocks so many pay attention to....

And the earth is flat.

4 minutes ago, car720 said:

I think it is one of those things with the little balls and lots of holes that you had to slowly get them all into.  Used to drive me crazy.  How's that for time travel.  :cheesy:

L&H.gif

You are not referring to Ladyboys are you...?🤔

On 10/8/2018 at 10:03 PM, Jdietz said:

Yep clearly contacting his UFO to get him out of there.

If you look closely you may spot the GSM mast he's using in the background. #Ohwait.

Yes, that's Jacko, an inventor. I knew him before I was born. Always ahead of the rest.

On 10/8/2018 at 10:08 PM, CharlieH said:

1943, that could just as easily be a cigarette case or a number of other period items,

Did they have tampons in 1943?  lol

On 10/9/2018 at 5:57 AM, sirineou said:

Nonsense!

it's clearly an LG g6+ and he is having problems getting a good signal being that it is 1940 and he probably forgot to bring a cell tower with him.

If you do a bit of CSI trickery and render the photo as clear 3D image, you can easily see the device is beyond this time. 

That model, which is going to be called Phantom Xirp, is using neutrinos to enable interdimensional communication as well as transportation in space and time. 

The most difficult part perfecting the technology was to manage the signal replication using 5th to 11th dimensions, already now know at this time, from string theory. 

Those were the good old days! 

Archived