Woman Gets Jail Time for Looking Through Husband’s Phone Without Permission

ASEAN NOW Content Team

A court in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) recently sentenced a woman to three months in jail after her husband sued her for looking through his phone without his permission.

In a statement made against his wife, the unnamed husband claimed that she would access his phone while he was asleep, copying all the data, including pictures and chat conversations to her own smartphone so she could look through all the information at a later date. The man also complained that his wife would share some of his private information with her siblings.

Although the woman defended herself by saying that her husband had given her the password to his phone and permission to look through it, because she had previously caught him chatting with other women, a court in Ras Al Khaimah found her guilty.

The husband filed a complaint against his wife, and police called her in for questioning. A case was then filed against her for violating the UAE’s strict privacy law, which states that married couples are forbidden from accessing each other’s personal phones without permission, even if one of them suspects the other of cheating.

This case was originally reported on October 1st, and has since sparked a heated debate on social media.

Full article

Love and marriage

Love and marriage

They go together like a horse and carriage .......

Well.........sometimes. Always read the small print first though, especially in the UAE.

5 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

I doubt this chaps going to be doing much sleeping for the next 3 months whilst his Mrs is locked away

And when she gets "unlocked", I expect that they will be sleeping in separate rooms, maybe even in separate houses or cities.

On 10/9/2018 at 6:11 AM, neeray said:

And when she gets "unlocked", I expect that they will be sleeping in separate rooms, maybe even in separate houses or cities.

that marriage is over, but there is no divorce unless he initiates it --- methinks she is at his mercy in that culture

My X back in Oz would never go through my mobile, throw it up against a wall, sure thing.

I mean come on woman, get it right, you deserve what you received because you don't go through a blokes mobile, just like you don't drink a blokes beer. I mean apart from all the apps to meet other women, he might have personal photos of them in there too, how dare you 😍

Archived