Jump to content

Wealthy Malaysian Man Caught on Video Beating a Parking Attendant Over 72 Cents


ASEAN NOW Content Team

Recommended Posts

A wealthy Malaysian business man is now under investigation after verbally and physically assaulting a parking lot attendant over a 3 Malaysian ringgit ($0.72) fee.

 

The incident reportedly occurred at the parking lot office of a five-star hotel in Kuala Lumpur on Sept. 18.

 

In a CCTV footage, the man is seen reaching over to strike the male attendant before snatching his radio and throwing it at him.

 

The man then enters the booth to assault the attendant more, shoving a chair before hitting him repeatedly.

 

Facebook user Balamuraly Doraisamy, who posted the footage on Tuesday, also shared a picture of the man’s car in hopes of bringing him to justice. He speculated that the man believes himself, or may be one in reality, to be a Dato or Datuk, an honorific title in Malaysia most similar to knighthood in the U.K. but with looser standards.

 

“The poor staff had to undergo this treatment from this guy just because he thinks he is a Dato or something like that. I am sure a police report must have been made but no action has been taken to date. Please make this viral so this mad culprit is brought to justice.”

 

On Thursday, police identified the “Datuk” and learned that the situation had sprung out of a parking fee dispute, the New Straits Times reported.

 

The attendant, 31, refused to raise the boom gate because the man declined to pay 3 Malaysian ringgit ($0.72), Brickfields Police Chief Assistant Commissioner, Ruslan Khalid said.

 

Full article and video
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Given the lack of comments, it seems that there are not too many TV members who are revolted by these images ... well, I am, it is disgusting! :angry:

Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, car720 said:

It's not the 3 rgt,  it is the fact that a low life, according to the rich guy, dared to confront him.

Ah, Asia.

They did not learn the lessons their benevolent colonial masters taught them.  For shame.

Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

Given the lack of comments, it seems that there are not too many TV members who are revolted by these images ... well, I am, it is disgusting! :angry:

Well, I've only just seen this - so maybe a lot more people will view it sometime.....yes?

 

Meanwhile - I feel like you. The rich guy is a puffed-up, self-important turd! I personally would have cheered the young tough looking attendant if he had suddenly lost HIS temper and smashed the sh1t out of him in retaliation.

 

But so-called "Hi-So" trash can get away with these things in Asia.  He should try that in the UK or the USA!

Link to post
Share on other sites

In Thailand you can beat a parking attendant for 5000 THB paid after the fact to your local police.  That's the price you must pay if you wish to commit assault and battery.

 

In Malaysia it sounds as if this incident will go down the memory hole within 48 hours.  Obviously a Datuk is beyond reproach.  The parking attendant will probably be ordered to pay the Datuk nobleman compensation for hurting the Datuk's hand with the parking attendant's face. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Too many wealthy people in Asia seem to completely lack perspective, compassion, tolerance, dignity, elegance, grace or a sense of kindness and charity. The very term hi-so tends to connote a lower life form, devoid of etiquette. 

 

They seem to be accustomed to being above the law. Money is not everything. Some standards are still expected of this sorry class of goons. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 minutes ago, connda said:

In Thailand you can beat a parking attendant for 5000 THB paid after the fact to your local police.  That's the price you must pay if you wish to commit assault and battery.

 

Not sure the cost in Malaysia but they're all friends again now.

 

Datuk and car park attendant in viral assault video make amends

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The attack was ugly. Not sure if I believe that they truly are friends again now or if the 'rapprochement' was just a compulsory part of the smoothing-things-over, nothing-more-to-see-here thing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Too many wealthy people in Asia seem to completely lack perspective, compassion, tolerance, dignity, elegance, grace or a sense of kindness and charity. The very term hi-so tends to connote a lower life form, devoid of etiquette. 

 

They seem to be accustomed to being above the law. Money is not everything. Some standards are still expected of this sorry class of goons. 

That's why they are wealthy...

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bundooman said:

Well, I've only just seen this - so maybe a lot more people will view it sometime.....yes?

 

Meanwhile - I feel like you. The rich guy is a puffed-up, self-important turd! I personally would have cheered the young tough looking attendant if he had suddenly lost HIS temper and smashed the sh1t out of him in retaliation.

 

But so-called "Hi-So" trash can get away with these things in Asia.  He should try that in the UK or the USA!

 

Right, but since it was posted Friday I wrote that this morning two days later, in a case like that I would be only too happy to have been wrong  :smile:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Punishment should fit the crime. Take him out and let the persons he’s abused beat him then in the clink and a HUGE fine as a reminder in case he falls off the wagon again

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

They did not learn the lessons their benevolent colonial masters taught them.  For shame.

'... benevolent colonial masters ...'

 

Really, not according to many articles I've read: Malaysia, India, Burma, their masters (and masters is unfortunately an appropriate word for this matter) treated the locals like shxx.

Link to post
Share on other sites

First up against the wall when the revolution comes. The revolution is a long way away, cos most guys (and gals) know how to act with courtesy even to those economically inferior, but a few more guys like this and we'll shorten the waiting time. Ha!

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/14/2018 at 12:32 PM, Tchooptip said:

Given the lack of comments, it seems that there are not too many TV members who are revolted by these images ... well, I am, it is disgusting! :angry:

Please don't make assumptions - it might just be because this is Thai Visa Forum, not Malaysia Visa Forum and besides there's already enough beatings going on daily in Thailand for us to complain and worry about.

 

Regards,

 

Joe

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...