Legal tourists and expats will feel the benefit under "Big Joke" - he's the real deal

webfact

11 hours ago, scorecard said:

And you think yingluck designed that?  Did it happen? No. Was it ever likely to happen? No.

Joke of the century.

Next example please.

I think immigration has now moved in a totally different direction.  Back to paper!  Back to conflicting and confusing standards.

18 hours ago, billd766 said:

I am not asking Thailand to change. The problem belongs to the British embassy and they have to sort it out.

No the problem is not the British Embassy. They have said clearly that Thai immigration is forcing them to do something that they can not do. It should entirely be on the Thai immigration dept to verify income. 

What other country in world, expects other nations to verify the income of their own citizens for immigration purposes?

18 hours ago, zaphod reborn said:

Sorry, you have zero knowledge of Thai government and civil rights.  

Maybe, but I certainly am in touch with reality.  I hope they knock on my door I will invite them in for coffee.

If you got something to hide that is your problem.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Maybe, but I certainly am in touch with reality.  I hope they knock on my door I will invite them in for coffee.

If you got something to hide that is your problem.

I agree with you and it is most probably those with something to hide that has resulted in this action by the BE after some of them were being found to be less than honest . A case of a few bad apples, or possibly much more than a few.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FigaroLucowski said:

I recently sent an email to Chiang Mai Immigration asking them why they didn't accept money made in Thailand as income for a retirement visa?

Is it specific to Chiang Mai? Bangkok & Pattaya don't ask where your income comes from.

BTW I doubt this has anything to do with Big Joke; He his rather trying to uniformize rules among Immigration Offices.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Time Traveller said:

No the problem is not the British Embassy. They have said clearly that Thai immigration is forcing them to do something that they can not do. It should entirely be on the Thai immigration dept to verify income. 

What other country in world, expects other nations to verify the income of their own citizens for immigration purposes?

They have been doing that for at least 9 years for me and they are continuing to do it for anyone until December.

Does that mean that the literally thousands of letters that they issued and were paid for were in fact illegal? How about the ones that they are STILL issuing. Are they illegal too?

22 hours ago, mdmayes said:

Has nothing to do with embassy letters. That is the embassy's doing.

You seem to be forgetting or ignoring the fact that the British Embassy claimed their announced change re income letters was because of talks they'd had with Thai Immigration where Immigration apparently wasn't satisfied with the current arrangement.  But absolute silence from Immigration on that point thus far.

If they weren't satisfied they could demand additional confirmation from the applicants as they've always had a right to do. It appears the British were looking for a convenient excuse to stop issuing the letters. The Thai government can't force any nation to stop issuing their embassy letters. Thai immigrant didn't say they would reject applicants with British letters. Why couldn't the British just continue issuing the letters as it appears all the other embassies are doing even if it means altering the wording a tad. The British complaining to their officials are complaining to the right place.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Esso49 said:

I agree with you and it is most probably those with something to hide that has resulted in this action by the BE after some of them were being found to be less than honest . A case of a few bad apples, or possibly much more than a few.

More than a few? I would say maybe 10000 foreigners could be on overstay and not a valid visa. 

And add to that the retired expats on a state pension under 65k per month and without 800k in the bank. That number is much higher. 

5 minutes ago, balo said:

More than a few? I would say maybe 10000 foreigners could be on overstay and not a valid visa. 

And add to that the retired expats on a state pension under 65k per month and without 800k in the bank. That number is much higher. 

But many pensioners have the state pension and perhaps i or 2 other pensions as well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...