Mum of autistic child beaten at school: We don't want money - let the law take it's course

Please remember that education is a profit oriented business in Thailand and Directors are in charge of the business end, may have no teaching qualifications or experience whatsoever.

Any moves a Director makes are designed to minimize financial or reputational loss, nothing to do with dispensing fair treatment or improving educational outcomes.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Classic Ray said:

Please remember that education is a profit oriented business in Thailand and Directors are in charge of the business end, may have no teaching qualifications or experience whatsoever.

Any moves a Director makes are designed to minimize financial or reputational loss, nothing to do with dispensing fair treatment or improving educational outcomes.

I taught a week long English class at a Thai middle school once.  I had about 25 teachers in the class.  At the end of the week we all pitched in to have a pizza luncheon together.  The 'director' of the school, who did not attend the seminar, had a table set up for herself about 20 feet away from the main table where she wolf down her pizza, alone. 

It was one of the most pathetic sights I've seen while living in Thailand.  And it speaks volumes to what is wrong with the Thai educational system. 

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, connda said:

I taught a week long English class at a Thai middle school once.  I had about 25 teachers in the class.  At the end of the week we all pitched in to have a pizza luncheon together.  The 'director' of the school, who did not attend the seminar, had a table set up for herself about 20 feet away from the main table where she wolf down her pizza, alone. 

It was one of the most pathetic sights I've seen while living in Thailand.  And it speaks volumes to what is wrong with the Thai educational system. 

seems like she was in the correct spot ….

54 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Obviously the director of this school has no moral values therefore shares none with perpetrators of violence within his directorship...

moral values

never met a Thai with any of those.

Edited by catman20

On 10/20/2018 at 9:56 AM, worgeordie said:

Very unusual not to accept the money,as that seems to solve

many problems,just wish more people would do that,instead

of taking blood money, just so the perpetrators can get away,

with lesser sentences,everything should not have a price.

regards worgeordie

If we knew the mechanics of it and the family, a 'go fund me page' in the girls name would be a good thing............Brave Parents standing up for her, drawing a line in the dirt that money doesn't fix everything..............all the kids should be taken to Juvenile Court and taught a life lesson.  Maybe a Military Boot Camp for a few weeks would teach them a lesson they would never forget.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2018 at 3:44 PM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Initially the director of the school where the attack occurred tried to settle the matter by ordering the senior school pupils to pay 500 baht to the family - another offer that was rejected. 

Cheap <deleted>. But then, such a derisory amount offered in settlement of similar issues isn't unusual in LoS. 

Edited by metisdead
Profanity edited out.

17 hours ago, rossd said:

Another nonsense comment, where have I condoned the actions of the culprits? Furthermore, what part of "the parents are ethical and standing firm" don't you understand?

it was your first sentence that i didnt understand !!