Bangkok’s First Monorail Lines Will Transport Over 400,000 Passengers Daily

webfact

Bangkok’s First Monorail Lines Will Transport Over 400,000 Passengers Daily

bkk.jpg

The FINANCIAL -- Bombardier Transportation announced that Bangkok Mass Transit System Public Co. Ltd. (BTSC) is the previously undisclosed customer that signed a contract for 20 years of maintenance services.

The services will be provided for the BOMBARDIER INNOVIA monorail 300 systems in delivery for Thailand’s first two monorail lines: the Bangkok pink and yellow lines. The order was announced by Bombardier on July 6, 2018 and is valued at approximately 245 million euro ($287 million US).

This latest contract will see Bombardier maintain the monorail trains, comprising 288-cars, as well as the system’s guideway switches and depot equipment.

Full story: https://www.finchannel.com/tourism-and-travel/76300-bangkok-s-first-monorail-lines-will-transport-over-400-000-passengers-daily

-- THE FINANCIAL 2018-10-23

2 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Err, not sure if I'm missing some humour (I'm a Brit), or is it really? I'd be interested to know more.

Bombardier is a Canadian conglomerate and will provide the train to the Thais who are its customers here.

So maybe the Thais didn't understand what they were buying, signing for a regular two rail train while believing that they would get a monorail.

Anyway, the train, whether monorail or not wil be Canadian made and operated by Thais...

5 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Bombardier is a Canadian conglomerate and will provide the train to the Thais who are its customers here.

So maybe the Thais didn't understand what they were buying, signing for a regular two rail train while believing that they would get a monorail.

Anyway, the train, whether monorail or not wil be Canadian made and operated by Thais...

Aha, thanks for the clarification.

edit: Or perhaps it's the journalists who are lacking, not using the correct image?

48 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

How is that photo a monorail system?

Well, it's a picture of a train, which is probably the best you're going to get, when the person who sourced it has to check his Facebook, get to the next level of his video game, and suck on the straws of his big gulp ice coffee like an overgrown 4 year old. 

8 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

Well, it's a picture of a train, which is probably the best you're going to get, when the person who sourced it has to check his Facebook, get to the next level of his video game, and suck on the straws of his big gulp ice coffee like an overgrown 4 year old. 

Lucky us that the guy didn't post a picture of Thomas the little friendly train!

46 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Ever considered a career in Thai journalism?

Velly solly, k. Clossy hab Angrit no enough good for make paper of news.

12 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

You mean what our great great grandchildren will get..

Opening 2021 (really).

4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

How stupid of me. I knew the Thai safety procedures were number one in the world, but this is super-safety conscious.

Can't wait until they get 'high-speed rail' <third class rail coming down out of the Khun Tan mountains without breaks>

3 hours ago, Brunolem said:

You mean what our great great grandchildren will get..

No !! what is meant is that photo is what the junta are attempting to convince the public that is what they will get.  However reality dictates that once all of the brown envelopes have been passed out , then in reality this is more likely what will be provided.

fun-for-the-littlest.jpg

1 hour ago, yellowboat said:

Wonder who will make the cement beams.  Perhaps the same people who enjoy eating threatened species ? 

Making of the beams is the most interesting part of the project IMHO.

And that's especially true when it's 2 rail monorail (mono meaning one).

5 minutes ago, Mickmick said:

Looks like Sydney's monorail,.....the one they recently pulled down as it was out of date and inefficient.

9a5f12fd0a85f0a9e757be55ce62b212

Sydney monorail, 1980's technology, no investment. It died the death.

original

São Paulo monorail, 2018 tech, fully automatic, Bangkok is getting this.

4 minutes ago, Mickmick said:

Looks like Sydney's monorail,.....the one they recently pulled down as it was out of date and inefficient.

It wasn't cheap to ride from memory so mainly tourist patronage, least that was my impression when I tried it. I doubt many people ever used it to get from A to B. There were also plenty of existing alternatives and now they are building a new light rail (what a mess that is) which will actually go somewhere.

Archived