Divers License current requirements

DrPhibes

I have plowed through the last 2+ months of the DL pinned topic and find conflicting requirements for DL renewal of 2yr to 5yr.  I have a 2 yr license expiring in March (won't be here at that time) so looking to renew to the 5yr normal license soon.  The two sticking points I see in conflict are the Certificate of Residency and the Medical Certificate.  Also am seeing 4 weeks to get a Residency Certificate from Immigration, is that true?  I know Immigration has moved back to the airport and did re-stamp my TM30 there a couple of weeks ago in about 20min (Used to be hrs at Promenada).  Has Residency Cert's also seen a dramatic decrease in processing time?  Still living in the same place for the last 2+ years.  Thanks in advance for the help!

Went to Phitsanulok Imm yesterday for Cert of Res for D Licence. Told to come back next week. However, I then noticed that to re-new DL, the C of R must be no more than 1 month old.....my DL expires 28th Dec 2018, I was getting my 'ducks in a row' well in advance. Will ask next week at Imm.

Driving Licence people here said I need a Yellow Book, did not mention C of R, but local Amphur Office said I must be married to get a Yellow book. I know that both of these offices are WRONG , but my Thai GF says 'What can we do if they say you need Yellow book?' I suggested TELL THEM THEY ARE WRONG (or get married ??????), but it is so difficult to find the correct legislation, in Thai, and translate into English. I am hoping that the Imm Office are not so stupid as to issue a C of R, knowing that will not be accepted for DL. But who knows, TIT!