Colon Cancer

lelapin

A recent colonoscopy at Pyathai Hospital, Siracha showed I have cancer in my colon.

I have an appointment arranged there with a surgeon, Dr.  Somkiat Jumroonthavorn with a view to proceeding with surgery.

I wondered if any TV members, particularly Sheryl, had any experience with this doctor or an estimate of what this procedure might cost me.

Edited by lelapin

Nothing against Dr. Somkiat but I very strongly urge you to come to Bangkok and be treated by Prof. Chucheep. He is hands down the best in the country and well worth the trip. He is also a very kind and caring person.

Costs will depend on what treatment is given and also the hospital.

Prof. Chucheep can be seen at Bangkok Christian Hospital on Mondays only 1 pm. Arrive several hours early to register for a patient number and get in the queque as it is first come first serve.

He can also be seen at Bumrungrad on Thursdays and you can read his full bio on the Bumrungrad website. However treatment would cost more there than at Bkk Christian.

Rest of the time he is at Chulalongkorn (govt hosp) but can be a long wait to see him.

Some colon cancers can be removed endoscopically. Some require surgery and if so there is a wide range of surgical procedures deoending on tumor size, location and spread. Very roughly I would estimatee maybe 30-50k if endoscopic removal, 130-200k for surgery. (At Bangkok Christian). Radiation and chemotherapy might also be advised and if the tumor is large or near the sphincter is sometimes done prior to surgery to reduce size and thus amount of intestine that needs removal.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thanks you so much Sheryl for your advice which I intend to follow and visit him next Monday. What time do you suggest I check in at the hospital.

I have some more info I would like to tell you but do not wish to post on a public website.

Is there any way I can send you a private message.

Edited by lelapin

Go early e.g. 8-9 AM to register for a patient card, have your vital signs taken and get your name into the queue. His hours don't start till 1 PM but people start getting in the queue much earlier. Plenty to do in that area while waiting, lots of restaurants etc.

you can send a PM through this forum. just click on my profile and select send message.

• Like 1