Is there a Band @holiday inn soi 22 on weekends?

chubby

are you sure the band is inside the holiday inn ?  there is a bar right across soi 22 from the holiday inn that has live music several nights a week.  i've walked by this bar many times and it seems to be popular when they have live music.  not a very big place.  it is right next to a 7-11 and fronts onto sukhumvit.  sorry i can't remember the name of the place.

On 11/4/2018 at 5:38 PM, buick said:

are you sure the band is inside the holiday inn ?  there is a bar right across soi 22 from the holiday inn that has live music several nights a week.  i've walked by this bar many times and it seems to be popular when they have live music.  not a very big place.  it is right next to a 7-11 and fronts onto sukhumvit.  sorry i can't remember the name of the place.

That would be the Titanium Bar.

On 11/5/2018 at 9:12 PM, mark5335 said:

That would be the Titanium Bar.

the one i mentioned is on sukhumvit at the corner of soi 22.  titanium is on soi 22 so it isn't the one i was talking about but it might be of interest to the OP.

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:54 AM, buick said:

the one i mentioned is on sukhumvit at the corner of soi 22.  titanium is on soi 22 so it isn't the one i was talking about but it might be of interest to the OP.

Yes, the beer bar on the corner of Soi22, Otto bar I think, has bands on most nights, can be a good laugh.

The Holiday Inn on Soi22 has had a plethora of bars/clubs, some with bands since it opened. There was Bangkok Betty that had good bands on sometimes, now gone. There was Denny's bar around the other side of the building that was the old Denny's Corner from Washington Sq that had bands some nights, it shut down but there have been other bars there since that have had bands, not sure what is there now or if they have live music. There have also been various nightclubs/after hours bars in the building both on the top floor and basement with bands but do not think there is one running at the moment.  

7 hours ago, Shaksey said:

Yes, the beer bar on the corner of Soi22, Otto bar

that is the one i was thinking of.  i've heard some serious guitar work blasting out of there.  so the guitarist appears to have some talent.  i think the titanium band is female, not sure if 100% female or just the lead singer.  i haven't seen them but a friend of mine said they were great.  i remember bangkok betty also.  denny's turned into a restaurant called 'cali-mex', no live music.

Just my two cents but the Titanium Bar is just okay.    Prices were a tad high and they try to get you to buy drinks from their freezer upstairs (kind of interesting).    Regarding the Otto Bar, I think it's worth checking out but there is one very odd thing about that place: apparently, you can't buy drinks for the women who serve the drinks!   I offered to buy drinks for two different women on two different occasions but they said "cannot".     I didn't bother to find out why but that was my experience.     Maybe someone else can shed some light on this?

I think some part of them got raided by police a few months back. But not sure what that means in current time....

Police raided a pub on Sukhumvit Soi 22 in Bangkok Thursday morning after it stayed open well past the mandated 2am closing time.

Tally, on the ground floor of the Holiday Inn in Vadhana district, was still open at 4am when police arrived, about 200 patrons drinking and dancing.