New Passport and Stamp Transfer Query

Hi all and Joe, I have a current Extension Based on Retirement expiring 24 April, 2019. I also have a Multiple Re-Entry permit expiring same time.  I will be returning to Thailand on 26 December 2018 with a new passport. On 27 December I will be going to CW Immigration to complete a TM 28 and TM 30. I have read in other threads that it does not really matter when I do the stamp transfer and it can wait until my 90 day report. My query is if my 90 day report date overlaps with the earliest date I can renew my Extension, is it ok not to move the stamps at all and just let the new Extension and Multiple Re-Entry Permit Stamps go in the new Passport.   Thanks 

The stamps have to be transfered the stamps before they will do the new extension. 

The will do a stamp with spaces for info about your old passport and the visa you used that gave you the entry you have been extending and transfer the entry stamp from that visa. They will transfer your most recent entry and extension of stay stamps.

If you are going to immigration after you enter the country that would be a good time to have your stamps transferred,

Have you been told by immigration that you need to do TM28 and TM30 reports after you enter the country. Chaeng Wattana immigration does not normally want them.

I am going to CW on 27 December because when I left Thailand I lived in Hua Hin and will be going to my new address in Bangkok upon my return, so TM 28.  The TM 30 is me letting Immigration know where I am going forward.

On Sunday, November 04, 2018 at 4:43 PM, ubonjoe said:

There is no form number for it. You can download it by clicking this. Transfer Stamps To A New Passport

They might have you fill out different form but that is the one shown on the immigration website,

Can this form be used @ all immigration office? Like koh samui to? And is it not possible to get a form @ the immigration office? And what about if I live Thailand, this can be done @ the boarder if I understand correct? And do I need to have a form to do it @ a boarder? Like Nong Kai landboarder to Laos? TIA