Immigration Facebook account

7 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

This is the correct Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/immigration1178

29 minutes ago, Pungdo said:

Isn't it amazing, everything in Thai, just how many Thais need Thai Immigration, may as well not be there.

Many Thais will need to talk to the immigration, the many people that employ immigrant workers and wives of falang husbands that help them with there visas for example, and you have a translation available on FB

46 minutes ago, Pungdo said:

Isn't it amazing, everything in Thai, just how many Thais need Thai Immigration, may as well not be there.

And if the content would be in English it would still be completely worthless for foreign expats. All public relation. praising success, disclosing details about arrested/wanted persons.

Thai immigration web/internet is a complete mess.

Inconsistent, outdated.

Local immigration offices each having it's own style of web page.

And also important information not in English.

Found on the Chiang Mai website: opening hours now from 6 AM to 8 PM.

Only in Thai.

1 hour ago, offset said:

Many Thais will need to talk to the immigration, the many people that employ immigrant workers and wives of falang husbands that help them with there visas for example, and you have a translation available on FB

What a laugh, you have obviously never read a Facebook translation of Thai, total jibberish.

• Thanks 1

On 11/10/2018 at 2:14 AM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

This is the correct Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/immigration1178

Thank you. The number 1178 in the facebook account name is also the number of the hotline of the Immigration Bureau.

The reason why I asked about the official Facebook account is that quite often the responsible government agency takes corrective action when an illegal or improper activity gets spread on the social media. Aside from that, a verbal report to the phone hotline 1178 could easily be ignored, not acted upon, but what is in writing cannot be ignored as easily. Even better, of course, would be to have the email address of the Commander of the Immigration Bureau or his postal address. Is his postal address at the Suan Phlu office in Bangkok, I wonder?

I remember a recent news article quoting the incumbent Commander or Acting Commander of the Immigration Bureau as saying that he will eradicate inefficiency and corruption in immigration offices and it will obviously help him if he gets as much information as possible about individual cases.

P.S. Found the news article I mentioned: 
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30355828

Edited by Maestro
added postscript

5 hours ago, Maestro said:

Even better, of course, would be to have the email address of the Commander of the Immigration Bureau or his postal address. Is his postal address at the Suan Phlu office in Bangkok, I wonder?

Suan Phlu is main offices for the them.

This phone book as they call it was posted on their website earlier this year. Immigration offices.pdf 

Mostly in Thai other than the title for the various divisions. Under divisions 3, 4, 5 and 6 they list the offices under them.