New car financing - must use the dealer's financing?

rambling

Hi all, we are considering getting a new car and will require financing. Do I have to go with the financing options offered by the dealer or can I arrange my own through my bank (SCB/Kasikorn) or even 3rd party like Tisco? Does anyone actually compare offers for financing of cars or do ppl just take the one offered by the dealer?

46 minutes ago, Raymonddiaz said:

Do we always need a down payment for a new car financing?

Some dealers require a deposit or they won't place an order with the factory especially if you require a not common colour, because perhaps dealers can't cancel the factory order, so they ask for deposit.

Different manufacturers & supplier / different policies...

54 minutes ago, jkcjag said:

If you arrange financing elsewhere then you pay cash to the dealer, there is no finance to be arranged by them. If they insist you must use the finance company that they offer, go somewhere else.

Its not the dealers that insist you finance through them. The banks are the ones who insist you finance through the dealers bank