The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

10 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Turning up at an FA Cup final in tattered jeans & a tee shirt, while his counterpart is all suited & booted & wearing a tie - Come on brother, the fella has a nice Richard Mille timepiece, but he dresses like a Paraffin Lamp - 

Never seen a Manager on the touchline before like him - Pure proper Tramp stylistic.

I guess you like creases down the front of your jeans as well eh ????

I know he dresses casual and I've not really thought of it until you just mentioned it. (must admit, once upon a time, long, long ago in the days of old, Man United fans used be able to talk about what trophies they were winning and not what their opposition manager was wearing) ???? Anyway, thought I'd do a quick search on Pep's dress sense to see what the population thought. It appears you are in a minority and most people (probably not old codgers ????) seem to think he is very stylish.

Pep Guardiola has cultivated a unique fashion style. From cargo pants to cardigans, the Manchester City boss dresses to impress.  https://www.goal.com/en/news/pep-guardiola-fashion-style-coats-hoodies-and-shoes/blt0c033ef161193f05

Pep Guardiola Irks Fashion Police By Wearing Hoodie And Stonewashed Jeans

Pep Guardiola is nothing if not a fashionista. Of course, yes, he is one of the greatest managers of all time, one of Barcelona’s best-ever midfielders, one of the most decorated coaches ever, etc, but fashionista definitely takes the cake.

https://www.thickaccent.com/2022/10/23/pep-guardiola-irks-fashion-police-by-wearing-hoodie-and-stonewashed-jeans/

The list goes on forever complimenting his fashion sense. It may not be anything like your preferred string vest and camouflage shorts style but he seems to be popular in his attire. Have a google search ????

1 hour ago, RedArmy said:

Thanks for the lecture brother - If you ever reach another final, i would just like to see him representing his club by wearing a suit & tie instead of looking like a Paraffin Lamp.

That's the point mucker. Tis only thou who thinks his dress code is bad. All the young dudes think he's a fashionista

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

All the young dudes think he's a fashionista

<deleted> do young dudes know about fashion ?? They are all wearing their jeans hanging from their Kyber Passes.

Hey you remember a few seasons back ??? His furry grey hoodie ??? He used to wear it every game - What a lamp - I bet he still wears Y fronts - Probably changes them once a week too ????

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Pep is going to have to make some decisions very soon. Alvarez scored a brace last night. I don't think he'll be happy playing second fiddle to Haaland for too long. Proving to be an absolute bargain at 16million quid

Maybe Pep will stick both of them up top at times. He's done it before. He could also play Àlvarez out on the wing a bit, a la Mahrez. Pep is spoiled for choices!

I'd expect Àlvarez to get a nice rest when he makes it back to the squad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Screenshot_20221221_083722_Facebook.thumb.jpg.160b4c7f5f3195f4e877c280f0a93c92.jpg

Not that funny because we don't know how good they are.

Even in your oil funded glory days, Charlie McNeil chose United over City.

But it's sweet that you are so excited at signing Darren Fletcher's sons. As usual the best thing about you is your association with us.... Why do you think the Arabs wanted a Manchester club in the first place?

On 12/21/2022 at 11:38 AM, RickG16 said:

Not that funny because we don't know how good they are.

Even in your oil funded glory days, Charlie McNeil chose United over City.

But it's sweet that you are so excited at signing Darren Fletcher's sons. As usual the best thing about you is your association with us.... Why do you think the Arabs wanted a Manchester club in the first place?

If you really don't think that its weird that the Technical director of the "biggest club in the world" has his sons playing at City and about to sign professional contracts then there's no hope for you. Has your academy really sunk that low?

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

If you really don't think that its weird that the Technical director of the "biggest club in the world" has his sons playing at City and about to sign professional contracts then there's no hope for you. Has your academy really sunk that low?

I don't like nepotism so why not. Again, we don't know how good his sons are.

Please let me just add a modicum of sense here.

As BJ knows, I have been a Manchester United supporter for nearly 70 years and I would like to remind people that football is, and always has been, a working man's sport. And is after all just a game. A game that one gives everything in the right spirit of fair play.

Manchester is an old industrial revolution town, growing primarily on it's cotton industry. I for one think that it is wonderful that 2 such remarkably talented clubs grew & coexist to this day.

To all those misguided souls, please remember that the two clubs can share a common path, let's not forget that during, and after the 2nd World War, they shared the same Maine Road ground, that one of of our greatest managers, Sir Matt Busby played for City ( and Liverpool) and that one of City's great goalkeepers, Frank Swift, died in the Munich Air Crash.

I have said my two-penny worth, suffice to say. "Long Live Football" played and supported in good spirits.

Frank Swift.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Totally with you on that Jelly. Bewildered

and Grealish the M of the M.... what the heck did Pep saw on that guy keeps me wondering  555

Happy New Year

Edited by Mavideol

Not a Man City fan, but will comment on the club's recent play.

Where did City's top back line players go?  Cancelo, Dias, Laporte, and Walker all missing for the Everton match.  ??  City will not catch Arsenal.  This feels like the year that Leicester took the title. 

Grealish and Ake are weak.

17 hours ago, swerve said:

Not a Man City fan, but will comment on the club's recent play.

Where did City's top back line players go?  Cancelo, Dias, Laporte, and Walker all missing for the Everton match.  ??  City will not catch Arsenal.  This feels like the year that Leicester took the title. 

Grealish and Ake are weak.

AKE not to bad..... Grealish and  Mahrez should pack and get to new pastures

2 hours ago, jellydog said:

A much needed 3 points. Still struggling a bit in the final third. This side could use a big dollop of David Silva.

Nice to see Dandy Jack having an impact lately.

Yep. Happy with 3 points from that and Jack and Mahrez having an instant impact..

Nice to see Pep making early changes when it's not going good. Not at the races in the first half, so whipped off Walker and Cancelo at half time and brought on Akanji and Lewis, both of whom are really impressing me more and more. Lewis is a breath of fresh air. 

Everyone (me included) wanted Foden to start and he did but although had a decent performance he wasn't having much impact.

• Like 2