The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

Have you seen Squid Game, the meme relates to a moment in that game, not really about the points you are making. 

Yeah take Salah out of our team and we'd probably be 3rd or beat Barcelona 4-0, take Ronaldo out of yours and you might also be 3rd as your front boys could play faster and with more freedom, or you could be 3rd last because you would lose Ronaldo goals you have a <deleted> midfield, and your captain CB is slower than a wet week and can't play a high line. 

Oooh such a big job, with such big pressure and they give it to a Scandinavian U9's coach...Ole's not fit to lace Shaun Dyche's managerial shoes. 

It's the biggest job in world football. I think last week Ole got more coverage than a war breaking out.

Slower than a wet week... are you the first person to say that since the 1950s?

• Haha 1

On 11/1/2021 at 9:47 PM, RickG16 said:

Hey Chip Butty, which website do you use for doing your teams? I want to do one

You can lift of the Manchester Evening News web site, Manchester United thread .Usually 4 football writers pick their preferred team morning prior to kick off. 

3 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

You can lift of the Manchester Evening News web site, Manchester United thread .Usually 4 football writers pick their preferred team morning prior to kick off. 

Cheers Sparkles, but was looking for a way that I can pick my own team....

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

It's the biggest job in world football. I think last week Ole got more coverage than a war breaking out.

Slower than a wet week... are you the first person to say that since the 1950s?

BangkrakBob gets off, constantly and boringly, trashing anything MU connected.

OGS, the under 9 manager, who took the team to second place in last years PL league.

Doesn't say a lot for the other 18 club mangers who finished below MU does it ?

Compares with the "expert pundits " that say Ronaldo is causing all MU's problems as he doesn't work hard enough... majority of comments are truly pathetic

• Like 2

Varane out for a month with hamstring injury, different injury to previous, bummer. Brings a sense of calm when he's playing although quite vocal. Won't happen but  would make great leader actually.

Tahith Chong who was on loan at Birmingham and becoming almost un droppable will be out for at least 4-5 months with a ruptured thigh tendon and is back at MU. Nasty injury ,not the sort of one you can rush back.

• Sad 1

Squad number5Player nameMaguire
Average rating

Another impressive performance by Maguire in the BBC ratings  

Is he going to advise all the players to have another look in the mirror again ? 

……..,By the way that team performance was embarrassing. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

Manchester United player ratings: Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Bruno Fernandes poor vs Man City

Man United were outplayed by Man City in the Premier League derby at Old Trafford and here are how the players rated.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-united-player-ratings-city-22088631 

57 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Every time we play badly it puts me off my food. At this rate I will have lost 3 stone by January. I can't see where our next win will come from.

I think Ronaldo will get you enough goals to scrape some wins and help keep Ole at the wheel. Or at least that's what I hope ????

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Perfect explanation, "Even on a Bad Day You Should be Able to Recognize the Teams Style of Play" I see nothing with United

I agree.... but there's a lot of people slagging the 3-5-2 / 5-3-2 who would have said we should have played that system had we played 4 at the back and got beaten 3 or 4-0. 

We need a new manager but a lot of people are now becoming experts after the game saying we should have done it this way or that way. This isn't really about team selection, formation or tactics. It's about a group of players that are poorly coached and not playing for the manager anymore. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Somebody said Rodgers has agreed verbally to the job. But not sure where that report actually came from originally....

Ive seen it, it's only talk, I'll let you know later if I get any news still early back in Manchester

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

But who would they go for then?

Yeah I'm not sure, but you'd think right now, it narrows down their options as most decent managers would not be willing to jump ship on their current club 11 weeks in to a season

4 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Yeah I'm not sure, but you'd think right now, it narrows down their options as most decent managers would not be willing to jump ship on their current club 11 weeks in to a season

We need a plan. I think it's about the candidates available. If the right manager is available now, why appoint an interim? But yeah if we know of some top managers available at the end of the season then it makes sense. 

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

We need a plan. I think it's about the candidates available. If the right manager is available now, why appoint an interim? But yeah if we know of some top managers available at the end of the season then it makes sense. 

I wanted to add, presenting the plan you mentioned to short-listed candidates. Can they actually do that without disrupting the team more, Ole would surely get wind of that type of situation. Is it just part of the game.

19 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

The best one who was available they let slip through their fingers and he's now at Spurs. Apart from him, as you say, I don't know who they could prize away from their current clubs

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I wanted to add, presenting the plan you mentioned to short-listed candidates. Can they actually do that without disrupting the team more, Ole would surely get wind of that type of situation. Is it just part of the game.

Warnock's available now ???? I may laugh but I reckon he'd give em a better kick up the backside than Ole

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Is it just part of the game.

Exactly, it's about protecting the best interest of the club, rather than Ole's feelings. Don't forget it looked like Mourinho was already booked in and LVG given the boot after just winning the FA Cup!

Whatever you say about the Glazers they have a track record in running sports teams. They will have a plan B I'm sure. Maybe plan C is an interim boss. What happened to Gus Hiddink?!? 

• Like 1