The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

It's not just MEN reporting this. The Guardian is as well, and they are usually on the money. The Telegraph, too. It's pretty disrespectful that the club have let this news become public, even though they haven't yet pulled the trigger.

And so, we lurch from crisis to crisis, with no clear idea of what's actually wrong, and no clue how to fix it. And make no mistake: sacking Ole is not the fix. For sure, he needs to go. I have stuck up for him, probably more than anyone else, but his position is now untenable. As for blame, what does it matter? The hard truth is that whether it's his fault or the fault of certain players or both, the picture is broken. Something has to give -- and replacing the manager is the only practicable action.

Frankly, I don't much care who takes over. No matter who it is, in the short-term, I'd expect a "bounce" from the players, because that is usually what happens. And in the longer term? There's won't be any fundamental changes for the simple reason that we are a club run by money-men, not football men. They don't know football. Neither do they care about it. The Profit and Loss Statement and the Balance Sheet -- that's all that matters to them.

What can any manager do when the money-men won't allow fringe players to be sold? When they would rather grant players contract extensions than watch them walk away free? West Ham would gladly have bought Lingard, but our valuation was too high. Apparently, the money-men wanted 20 million, which is interesting, because whatever the Hammers were offering, the difference couldn't have been that much. And why, why, why is Phil Jones still with us?

And so the circus rolls on, from one farce to another. A new manager will come in, but in the end, nothing really changes.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

It's not just MEN reporting this. The Guardian is as well, and they are usually on the money. The Telegraph, too. It's pretty disrespectful that the club have let this news become public, even though they haven't yet pulled the trigger.

And so, we lurch from crisis to crisis, with no clear idea of what's actually wrong, and no clue how to fix it. And make no mistake: sacking Ole is not the fix. For sure, he needs to go. I have stuck up for him, probably more than anyone else, but his position is now untenable. As for blame, what does it matter? The hard truth is that whether it's his fault or the fault of certain players or both, the picture is broken. Something has to give -- and replacing the manager is the only practicable action.

Frankly, I don't much care who takes over. No matter who it is, in the short-term, I'd expect a "bounce" from the players, because that is usually what happens. And in the longer term? There's won't be any fundamental changes for the simple reason that we are a club run by money-men, not football men. They don't know football. Neither do they care about it. The Profit and Loss Statement and the Balance Sheet -- that's all that matters to them.

What can any manager do when the money-men won't allow fringe players to be sold? When they would rather grant players contract extensions than watch them walk away free? West Ham would gladly have bought Lingard, but our valuation was too high. Apparently, the money-men wanted 20 million, which is interesting, because whatever the Hammers were offering, the difference couldn't have been that much. And why, why, why is Phil Jones still with us?

And so the circus rolls on, from one farce to another. A new manager will come in, but in the end, nothing really changes.

Honest summary there Chippy

Serious question. Ronaldo is without doubt a top footballer but do you reckon he has caused some of this? Ole got lambasted last time he dropped him, so he's scared to death of dropping him now.

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Honest summary there Chippy

Serious question. Ronaldo is without doubt a top footballer but do you reckon he has caused some of this? Ole got lambasted last time he dropped him, so he's scared to death of dropping him now.

I dont think so, Nobody back in Manchester is putting any blame on Ronaldo, the people I talk too

4 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I dont think so, Nobody back in Manchester is putting any blame on Ronaldo, the people I talk too

I'm not so sure. He doesn't work hard enough for me but what else has changed from last year. This isn't the same team as last year and yet he is the only really big change 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, deej said:

The simple TRUTH is,

MAN U , have never recovered from SAF departure????

Smell the Coffee????????????

Fifth Mngr in approx 8 season,s coming up,???? one FA cup win????????during that time,JMO , The Glazier Tribe including the Board should be held accountable ,  nobody else ????

• Like 1

Fabrizio Romano

Manchester United working on compensation and written agreement with Ole Gunnar Solskjær. It’s gonna be ‘mutual agreement’ to part ways, as reported before. Solskjær will leave, it’s over. #MUFC Official statement expected in the next hours, once paperworks will be completed.

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

How can it not be part of the reason, he doesn't track back, he slows your game down and since he's arrived your form has been the worst since ole took over no? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

How can it not be part of the reason, he doesn't track back, he slows your game down and since he's arrived your form has been the worst since ole took over no? 

Right now nobody tracks back, not even the defenders, who the F does Maguire think he is? did you see him throw the armband on the floor after he got sent off

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Right now nobody tracks back, not even the defenders, who the F does Maguire think he is? did you see him throw the armband on the floor after he got sent off

I have to say, rivalry aside, I don't rate him. He is not a modern CB.

And the price being paid for the likes of him and Ben White, then I look at the 22 year old monster we picked up for 36M ????????‍♂️

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I have to say, rivalry's aside, I don't rate him. He is not a modern CB.

And the price being paid for the likes of him and Ben White, then I look at the 22 year old monster we picked up for 36M ????????‍♂️

I never rated him just thought he got better last season but 80 million who sanctioned that? was it Ole?

1 hour ago, deej said:

Smell the Coffee????????????

Fifth Mngr in approx 8 season,s coming up,???? one FA cup win????????during that time,JMO , The Glazier Tribe including the Board should be held accountable ,  nobody else ????

Only five? Watford's had three times as many managers in the same approximate eight seasons. You can see where that got them only yesterday!

Lessons to be learned here. Keep the Old Trafford managerial washing machine going.

Im not even angry I think the writing was on the wall after the Leicester game obviously Maguire was not fit had only trained once before the game, 

He's not captain material at any level if there is a problem on the pitch he is nowhere to be seen if you watch closely, 

I get the feeling the other players dont trust him,

Last season when Martial got a red card for giving that Spurs player a slap where was Maguire? standing 30 yards away

• Like 1