The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

I don't think Solskjaer did himself any favours when he stated on Ronaldo leaving Juventus "Ronaldo isn't picked by a club, he picks the club where he wants to go". What sort of signal does that send to the United squad? That they should feel blessed that they are sharing the same dressing room as him?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Donny scored the last goal of Ole era. How ironic.

I have never been able to understand why DVB hasn't played more games, because from the few highlights I've seen, he is a very intelligent player and has the ability to be able to slot through-balls to the forwards when they are running off the shoulder of the defenders, which is a rare talent, and which Fernandes also has when he is "on song".

Not only that, other players and European managers raved about him before the transfer to United, so what happened??

Maybe Norwegians and Danes don't get on well (joking) but there's something amiss there and we may never know what it was, and it will be interesting to see if DVB gets more game time with a new manager.

Also time to clear out the dead wood, which is something I've stated many times here and at least get some money for them whilst they are still able to play, even in a lower division.

As for Brendan Rodgers, well I really don't see him as the answer and IMO if United appoint him, they are jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 9:16 AM, ChipButty said:

I dont think so, Nobody back in Manchester is putting any blame on Ronaldo, the people I talk too

Quite an interesting perspective here from Paul Merson. He reckons Ronaldo's arrival threw Ole's plans out of the window

Paul Merson: Cristiano Ronaldo signing messed up Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's Manchester United plan | Football News | Sky Sports

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Quite an interesting perspective here from Paul Merson. He reckons Ronaldo's arrival threw Ole's plans out of the window

Paul Merson: Cristiano Ronaldo signing messed up Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's Manchester United plan | Football News | Sky Sports

I reckon it did and I also think thats the reason Sancho has not been getting much game time, Ronaldo was never in the equation until last minute

I got a shock this morning when I looked on the United website to hear comments from Michael Carrick.......... 

He was saying that he and Ole agreed on just about everything with regards to the team and selection, that they thought alike and were very similar in their ways!!!!!

I thought Jeez, not more of the same.........United need a complete change and should take their time looking for the right manager, and as I said before, Brendan Rodgers is not it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

I got a shock this morning when I looked on the United website to hear comments from Michael Carrick.......... 

He was saying that he and Ole agreed on just about everything with regards to the team and selection, that they thought alike and were very similar in their ways!!!!!

I thought Jeez, not more of the same.........United need a complete change and should take their time looking for the right manager, and as I said before, Brendan Rodgers is not it.

In another quote Carrick says he has his own ideas, Top and bottom of it is United didnt have a plan B I 100% agree with you the lot should be gone but who would run the team? It would be down to the academy coaches might have done a better job.

Im also not impressed by Brenda Rogers 

Right now Im to pi$$ed off to even think about who could be the manager 

It's a dangerous game the Glazers and Woodward are playing letting Carrick take over and wanting to bring a interim manager until the end of the season then maybe the manager they wanted is not available same as Conti saga.

Then look at the players situations, Cavani is gone Lingard can walk, Pogba can go you can add a few more names to that list I dont know how true this is but if United dont make the CL this season Ronaldo has it in his contract to leave,

• Like 1

Manchester United player ratings: David de Gea and Cristiano Ronaldo good vs Villarreal

Man Utd began a new era under Michael Carrick with a much-improved defensive performance and a 2-0 win over Villarreal in the Champions League.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-united-player-ratings-villarreal-22252777

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Manchester United player ratings: David de Gea and Cristiano Ronaldo good vs Villarreal

Man Utd began a new era under Michael Carrick with a much-improved defensive performance and a 2-0 win over Villarreal in the Champions League.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-united-player-ratings-villarreal-22252777

Was far from perfect.

Two things stuck out - the fitness of the boys, Villareal looked out on their feet by about 70 minutes. And the determination to stick together. 

Tough times make you stronger. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ChipButty said:

but, but but somebody yesterday was blaming Ronaldo for ALL the MU troubles..... one day vilain the next day the best... always loved the couch potatoes coaches...... just imagine how good they would be without maguirre, fred, bissaka and shaw  555

On 11/23/2021 at 10:58 AM, mrbojangles said:

who's this Merson guy, did he win anything worth mentioning..... without Ronaldo where would MU be, would they have qualified in the CL for next round, I doubt but.......

• Like 1

You just need to find a way how to play Ronaldo in this team, he is so fit for his age but he will not run a lot. .  
Not sure Carrick is the right man , but he did made some changes last night that worked.  

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, balo said:

You just need to find a way how to play Ronaldo in this team, he is so fit for his age but he will not run a lot. .  
Not sure Carrick is the right man , but he did made some changes last night that worked.  

A few tough games coming up, so Carrick's decisions, coaching and management will be put to the test.........watch this space!

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

A few tough games coming up, so Carrick's decisions, coaching and management will be put to the test.........watch this space!

Can't see him being in charge for a few games. Apparently there is a five man shortlist for the interim role and I expect them to appoint someone soon. All people that know what they are doing (in theory)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Can't see him being in charge for a few games. Apparently there is a five man shortlist for the interim role and I expect them to appoint someone soon. All people that know what they are doing (in theory)

Im not impressed by any of them, Roy Keane for me 555