The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

If you are a Chelsea, Inter or Porto fan he's probably given you some of the best days of your life.

There is no mention of the pay off. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he waived it. He won't be happy at his failure at United, and I don't actually think the money would sweeten the blow. 

I'll always be fond of Mourinho and hope he does well at his next club (as long as they aren't in the Prem). If only to shut up people like you. The real mugs. 

In reality though the only mugs in all of this is MUFC who thought they would get back to glory by throwing BIG money at Mourinho.

2 minutes ago, sotsira said:

In reality though the only mugs in all of this is MUFC who thought they would get back to glory by throwing BIG money at Mourinho.

Mate. You support Spurs. Pipe down. The fact is we will probably take your manager at the end of the season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Mate. You support Spurs. Pipe down. The fact is we will probably take your manager at the end of the season.

The fact is your club is in a mess from the board room all the way down to Pogba's tweets.

If Poch wants to leave Spurs and go to United then so be it,

but would he want to step down a level in his managerial career?

1 minute ago, sotsira said:

The fact is your club is in a mess from the board room all the way down to Pogba's tweets.

He will never get a better opportunity to manage a huge club. Especially at a time where he can literally start from scratch and build his team. 

To me it looks like a win win for him. They can’t get much worse, and the potential is huge. From a managers perspective and someone of his class I can’t see him not wanting this challenge. 

The sticking point will be

his buyout, which i can’t see United worrying about, and to move on from what he has built at Spurs but these type of jobs don’t come round that often. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sotsira said:

step down a level in his managerial career?

We both know in the grand of scheme of things that's not true.

I think he would come to us. He's close to Fergie, and has had lunch etc with him in the past.  Now was his decision to befriend Fergie just to get some advice from the great man, or did he also think it could do his chances of getting United job in the future no harm? Tell yourself what you want. 

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

Gary Neville’s reply to Pogba’s deleted tweet “ you do one as well” 

???? class

he's not wrong. neville must be in all sorts of pain and agony and hurt right now. which isn't remotely funny in any way. ????

3 minutes ago, StevieH said:

he's not wrong. neville must be in all sorts of pain and agony and hurt right now. which isn't remotely funny in any way. ????

I think he is saying what the fans want to hear. The club needs to get back to basics and get the discipline and attitude back to where it should be at a club of this size and history

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, StevieH said:

Ahhhh.....a Scouser gloating..????

That often comes back to bite you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I think he is saying what the fans want to hear. The club needs to get back to basics and get the discipline and attitude back to where it should be at a club of this size and history

oh i agree with him and think he's talked nothing but sense about united and mourinho. he's a united fan and he can see what needs to be done to get his club back on track. fair play to him.

2 minutes ago, StevieH said:

oh i agree with him and think he's talked nothing but sense about united and mourinho. he's a united fan and he can see what needs to be done to get his club back on track. fair play to him.

Still can’t see him getting the caretaker role though ????

3 hours ago, sotsira said:

400Million quid instead of some magic beans to strengthen the squad might persuade him

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Ahhhh.....a Scouser gloating..????

That often comes back to bite you.

Jippers, they are our only REAL arch rival, we've been the butt of their jokes for the last 20 years+, allow us a bit of enjoyment! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Yup... and the funny thing is they never learn to shut their mouth until they've actually achieved something.

it depends how you measure or categorise achievement RICKeeey, beans still boiling about getting flogged?

So it 's looking like Ole Gunnar Solskjaer with Phelan back as assistant.

The more I think about this, the more happy I am with it. Forget the fact he won us a European Cup, although it's nice. Since retiring Ole has done pretty much everything to get himself in this position, managed the reserves, went to Norway and was successful. The Scandinavians I know are closest to English in their mentality and the way they speak... Ole is pretty much a Mancunian! And let's not forget that he has managed Pogba before in the reserves. I'd be really happy with this....

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

So it 's looking like Ole Gunnar Solskjaer with Phelan back as assistant.

The more I think about this, the more happy I am with it. Forget the fact he won us a European Cup, although it's nice. Since retiring Ole has done pretty much everything to get himself in this position, managed the reserves, went to Norway and was successful. The Scandinavians I know are closest to English in their mentality and the way they speak... Ole is pretty much a Mancunian! And let's not forget that he has managed Pogba before in the reserves. I'd be really happy with this....

Yh you missed his audition with Cardiff out of that glowing recommendation

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I've forgotten how he did to be honest. But this will do for me ????

He sailed them straight down. 

I think the appointment would be a good one providing it is a temporary one which they endure and do not start bricking it when things don't go so well. Top half Finnish with a temporary boss is ok providing you get pochetino at the end of it. Failing that keep an eye on pellegrini.

• Haha 1