The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

3 hours ago, carmine said:

Is Mo Salah the next Greg Louganis?  

Morning Bob, over to you mate!!????

Well played btw!!!

???? Yeah that was pretty bad. 

The problem is he was always staying on his feet when being fouled in the box and we've not had a penalty for like 400 days or something silly. Someone has had a word and now we've had 4 or 5 in a few weeks. 

That yesterday will have done him no favours going forward and if he is going to do it, he needs do it right. We need to send a spy to watch a Spurs training sessions, perhaps Harry can give him a few pointers while he's injured. ????

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

The problem is he was always staying on his feet when being fouled in the box and we've not had a penalty for like 400 days or something silly. Someone has had a word and now we've had 4 or 5 in a few weeks. 

That yesterday will have done him no favours going forward and if he is going to do it, he needs do it right. We need to send a spy to watch a Spurs training sessions, perhaps Harry can give him a few pointers while he's injured. ????

Old film of Bale might be best. A real artist.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

We have four or five players that could give him a lesson!  Lamela's pretty good,  so is Sonny!  Llorente would probably get his dive wrong and get stretchered off with a season ending injury!!!

That one yesterday was actually quite funny, and i think he knew he'd made a right mess of it by the look on his face!

• Like 1

Just now, mrbojangles said:

I remember wrestling Liverpool away from Gillett etc was messy but didn't realise it was that close to administration.

Good job a foreign sugar daddy came in eh ????

haha yeah it was days and their weren't that many suiters coming forward.

We were extremely fortunate, now in hindsight it would appear even more so. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I remember wrestling Liverpool away from Gillett etc was messy but didn't realise it was that close to administration.

Good job a foreign sugar daddy came in eh ????

At the start of the 2010–11 season Liverpool was on the verge of bankruptcy and the club's creditors asked the High Court to allow the sale of the club, overruling the wishes of Hicks and Gillett. John W. Henry, owner of the Boston Red Sox and of Fenway Sports Group, bid successfully for the club and took ownership in October 2010.

Not having a knock - I'm interested - but how did Liverpool get in to that position of being on the verge of bankruptcy? Anybody point me towards an article I can read. 

30 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

At the start of the 2010–11 season Liverpool was on the verge of bankruptcy and the club's creditors asked the High Court to allow the sale of the club, overruling the wishes of Hicks and Gillett. John W. Henry, owner of the Boston Red Sox and of Fenway Sports Group, bid successfully for the club and took ownership in October 2010.

Not having a knock - I'm interested - but how did Liverpool get in to that position of being on the verge of bankruptcy? Anybody point me towards an article I can read. 

Hicks & Gilllet, bought the club with borrowed money and loaded the debt on the club. 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-brief-rise-very-10262118

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

What's this new pic? It's lasting a while I gotta say. Bit right said Fred that pic

GG Alin, he was very much not Right Said Fred.  Bald and a microphone = Right Said Fred ????

Where have you been, missed your analysis, I mean your team is in the mix and at it. You're not arsed?

40 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

GG Alin, he was very much not Right Said Fred.  Bald and a microphone = Right Said Fred ????

Where have you been, missed your analysis, I mean your team is in the mix and at it. You're not arsed?

Probably the same as you. Keeping my mouth shut and hoping for the best. Bit shaky last couple of games so hoping it's just a wobble.

On 1/22/2019 at 1:28 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

When it's an American owner its not foreign is it eh lads ????

All those "Yanks Out" banners to get rid of the two owners then 18 of the blighters buy the club. And oh how they laughed when the Glazers bought Utd.

13 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

He's been hanging out with StevieH.

Bob you're the last man standing  on the liverpool thread.

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Probably the same as you. Keeping my mouth shut and hoping for the best. Bit shaky last couple of games so hoping it's just a wobble.

We've had some injuries, lads playing out of position and still winning. Refreshed and back on track this week.