The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

It looked proper cowd there last night. 

A bit concerned Storm 'Arwen' would affect our performance but I needn't have worried. Again, offensively we were superb. Soton's 5 man defence couldn't handle us and down the other end, VVD is looking back to his imperious best. We can be a little casual at times when bringing the ball out from the back but once we get into the opposition last third, we can look unstoppable.

On 11/28/2021 at 1:16 PM, wilai said:

A bit concerned Storm 'Arwen' would affect our performance but I needn't have worried. Again, offensively we were superb. Soton's 5 man defence couldn't handle us and down the other end, VVD is looking back to his imperious best. We can be a little casual at times when bringing the ball out from the back but once we get into the opposition last third, we can look unstoppable.

Purring now mate, and with the venom of a few seasons back and defending like the title season again, perfect combo. Just need to keep these boys fit and we will be in with a sniff. Loving Fab and Thiago in that midfield, robbo had a blinding first half too. 

Bring on the blue shi-te!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wilai said:

Sad news...Ray Kennedy has passed away aged 70 after battling Parkinson's Disease for many years. Was a vital member of our great team in the late 70s. RIP Ray.

One of my first memories as a fan going to the game with my dad was him buying me a Ray Kennedy badge I used to where on my wooly hat ????.  RIP Ray, legend!

• Like 2

Easy victory at Woodison by 4-1 and it could easily have been by a few more. Everyone played well with Salah and Robertson standing out along with Hendo who ran the midfield and scored a cracker himself. MoM for me. Everton looked atrocious and I can't see 'Agent Rafa' lasting much longer if this continues. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wilai said:

Easy victory at Woodison by 4-1 and it could easily have been by a few more. Everyone played well with Salah and Robertson standing out along with Hendo who ran the midfield and scored a cracker himself. MoM for me. Everton looked atrocious and I can't see 'Agent Rafa' lasting much longer if this continues. 

It is truly amazing how bad Everton is despite all the money spent. It also doesn't seem to matter who the manager is.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, jellydog said:

It is truly amazing how bad Everton is despite all the money spent. It also doesn't seem to matter who the manager is.

Closing in on 600m in five years. Only Manchester clubs and Chelsea have spent more....astonishing!

• Like 1

Well the goal blitz had to end some time! Fortunately, on a day our front three misfired, despite Tiago's prompting, super-sub Divock stepped into the breach with an injury time winner. We created a number of good chances but failed to take them. Jota must be a candidate for miss of the season....had all the time and space to place the ball in a corner but decided to castrate Coady instead! No idea what he was thinking.

Wolves main hope was to get the ball to Traore and use his speed and strength to upset our mids/defs...which to be fair he did on occasion. Even VVD was bouncing off him. If someone could teach him the rudimentary skills of accurate shooting and passing, he could still become something special with the raw attributes he already possesses.

But three points was the important thing and we got 'em....just!???? MoM for me was Thiago.

• Like 1

Not sure what'll happen on Tuesday night. Can see a lot of changes as the likes of Fab and Hendo looked weary as the game wore on yesterday, but as the kids play Milan earlier in the day I doubt too many of them will be involved.

Although it is a dead rubber for us, Milan will be up for it as they need a win to have a chance of qualifying. They are also in good form (now top of Serie A) so it will be a toughie for whoever turns out for us. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, wilai said:

Not sure what'll happen on Tuesday night. Can see a lot of changes as the likes of Fab and Hendo looked weary as the game wore on yesterday, but as the kids play Milan earlier in the day I doubt too many of them will be involved.

Although it is a dead rubber for us, Milan will be up for it as they need a win to have a chance of qualifying. They are also in good form (now top of Serie A) so it will be a toughie for whoever turns out for us. 

I think Milan will be happy to be out of a comp they cannot win, and domestic cups too, they want that league title more than anything. 

I'd expect to see Becker, Neco maybe, Phillips, Konate, Tsimi, Morton, AOC, Thiago, Taki, Divi, Jota. with a decent bench. 

We need to be ready for Villa.

Edited by BangrakBob

13 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I'd expect to see Becker, Neco maybe, Phillips, Konate, Tsimi, Morton, AOC, Thiago, Taki, Divi, Jota. with a decent bench. 

Pretty much agree but I think Kelleher will get a game and personally I'd rest Thiago if Keita is fit. Milner is suspended so he can't come in. Gomez also trained last week so could get a run out.

5 minutes ago, wilai said:

Pretty much agree but I think Kelleher will get a game and personally I'd rest Thiago if Keita is fit. Milner is suspended so he can't come in. Gomez also trained last week so could get a run out.

Yeah I was wondering about the keeper, that would be great to get NabyLad back on the park. Getting stronger, I hope we see Elliot back in training soon. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wilai said:

Thiago, Hendo and Jota all missed training on Monday. No reasons given. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Another easy home draw eh ????

Good for the kids....we normally get a PL side in the 3rd round (tho' it was Everton a coupla years back so maybe that didn't count????) See your lot have a toughie as usual....Swindon!

• Haha 1

Decent performance to turn over Milan on their own patch. 6 wins out of 6.....1st time that's ever been done by an English team. Salah and Origi with the goals. AOC played very well with Konate and Phillips excellent at the back. Phillips gets my MoM for the 'Cruyff turn' in his own box  sending both Zlatan and Kessie for a taxi????

Kids also topped their group following a 1-1 draw in Milan.

• Like 1

Well; Mo came through for us again. Although he looked more nervous than usual waiting for the kick, he took the penalty with aplomb to get a deserved win. After incessant pressure throughout, it was the least we deserved. Villa threw their bodies in the way of everything but didn't manage a shot on target themselves. That, together with  their bloody timewasting, (ignored by the ref for the most part) made it a frustrating watch for long periods! but we came through in the end.

Thought Matip and Robbo were excellent with TAA not far behind them. Hope Jurgen got the 4th official's phone number as he was chatting him up for most of the game????

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, wilai said:

Well; Mo came through for us again. Although he looked more nervous than usual waiting for the kick, he took the penalty with aplomb to get a deserved win. After incessant pressure throughout, it was the least we deserved. Villa threw their bodies in the way of everything but didn't manage a shot on target themselves. That, together with  their bloody timewasting, (ignored by the ref for the most part) made it a frustrating watch for long periods! but we came through in the end.

Thought Matip and Robbo were excellent with TAA not far behind them. Hope Jurgen got the 4th official's phone number as he was chatting him up for most of the game????

That 4th official adores Klopp.:)