The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

On 12/17/2018 at 10:32 AM, oldgit said:

Brighton fell asleep in the first half, so we decided to follow suit in the second, just to make it interesting. 

That 2nd half was a truly painful watch. Apart from hazard Kante luiz and Rudiger the rest were a shower of shitt imo. ALonso was absolutely crap..and whoever offered him a 4/5year contracts wants his thucvking bumps read. How we can go from confident 1st half display and the overall performance against Citeh to that 2nd half display against bladdy Brighton ...is beyond me. Still breakin the 100 metre record is also beyond me ????

• Like 1

14 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

That 2nd half was a truly painful watch. Apart from hazard Kante luiz and Rudiger the rest were a shower of shitt imo. ALonso was absolutely crap..and whoever offered him a 4/5year contracts wants his thucvking bumps read. How we can go from confident 1st half display and the overall performance against Citeh to that 2nd half display against bladdy Brighton ...is beyond me. Still breakin the 100 metre record is also beyond me ????

Breaking teams down that look to counter. That's where we are out of our comfort zone, especially with snails like Alonso who don't like acres of space behind them. Did you see the Bournemouth game last night Keith? Kovacic was outstanding.

3 hours ago, oldgit said:

Breaking teams down that look to counter. That's where we are out of our comfort zone, especially with snails like Alonso who don't like acres of space behind them. Did you see the Bournemouth game last night Keith? Kovacic was outstanding.

1st game i have missed this season. 3bb are supposed to be at the new house today fitting fibre so i will watch the full game later when i get back from golf...hopefully.

19 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

1st game i have missed this season. 3bb are supposed to be at the new house today fitting fibre so i will watch the full game later when i get back from golf...hopefully.

Yeah, Sky sports and BT weren't showing it, and neither was it on Bein Sport 11 or 12. I managed to get though on R/Tid's!

9 hours ago, oldgit said:

Yeah, Sky sports and BT weren't showing it, and neither was it on Bein Sport 11 or 12. I managed to get though on R/Tid's!

The 3blind bastads (3bb) were a no show yesterday so i didn;t get to watch the game afterall (despite the wife staying in all day waiting for them)..when they do turn up (possibly Monday now) there will be blood on the carpet (not mine though). So i will now have to watch 2morrows game in a Bar....boo hoo.

• Haha 2

On 12/23/2018 at 12:59 AM, keithsimmonds said:

Went out of my way to watch that (non event)....yet again very disapointing. The false 9 did though seem to fit rather well in the bar i was in ...where the best looking birds were blokes.

Come on Sarri the false no 9 was a one off sucess against Citeh and not to be repeated week in week out. I said to the girl next me (Derek i think her name was) this is a big 30 mins for Rlc go and show the boss why you should be playing every week....he didn,t...????. To be brutaly honest i do not see why Jorghinio or fabregas has to play....just my opinion. Goodnight /morning.

We're very good when teams pressure us so that we become the counter attacking team, as against City but, when it's our turn to find a way through, we generally don't have the guile and, more importantly the pace, to get beyond the opposing defensive line. Hazard, Kovacic, Barkley and Kante are the exceptions, the rest are devoid. Hudson -Odoi has shown he can piss past players as though they were stationary so, I would have him in my team any time. We can't persevere with snails like Alonso, Willian, Luiz, Fabregas ("He's only 31," one commentator said, but the problem with that is that he's been playing in midfield since God was a boy, and the legs go) and Jorginho any longer. Loftus -Cheek has the ability,pace and size to be very good but he doesn't take the game by the scruff of the neck as often as he should.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2018 at 3:36 PM, oldgit said:

We're very good when teams pressure us so that we become the counter attacking team, as against City but, when it's our turn to find a way through, we generally don't have the guile and, more importantly the pace, to get beyond the opposing defensive line. Hazard, Kovacic, Barkley and Kante are the exceptions, the rest are devoid. Hudson -Odoi has shown he can piss past players as though they were stationary so, I would have him in my team any time. We can't persevere with snails like Alonso, Willian, Luiz, Fabregas ("He's only 31," one commentator said, but the problem with that is that he's been playing in midfield since God was a boy, and the legs go) and Jorginho any longer. Loftus -Cheek has the ability,pace and size to be very good but he doesn't take the game by the scruff of the neck as often as he should.

I think the buck has to stop with Sarri here Og. Apart from the 2nd half against City where we were the dominant force....we have found nothing in the 2nd half against Spurs Wolves Brighton and now Leicester,plus most of the europa games (oh and the Derby game) if he cant see that then he is blind,so imo his changes have had no impact on the game whatsoever. 

Fully agree with you on where the pace and guile comes from and it beggars belief that Cho has not even made the bench in some of the games quoted. His insistence on Fab or Hino must play is just dumb...i could do what Hino does,3 to 5 yard passes in all directions and then point at what another play should do when he gets the ball...rarely tackles and when he does it,s normally a yellow :post-4641-1156694606:.

Added to that any sulky little barsteward with an afro style hair-do could do what Willian does......makes me want to reach for the shotgun that i aint got and blow that look of utter bewilderment right of his face....as yet another of his simple passes or easy crosses goes hopelessly way off target.

Sarri for all his experience is now up to an average of 5 to 8  "i dunno"  comments for all pre match and post match interviews....anymore of that and it will be Me who has "Samaritans" on speed dial.

Merry Christmas to you my old china plate and All other footie posters and fans.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

I think the buck has to stop with Sarri here Og. Apart from the 2nd half against City where we were the dominant force....we have found nothing in the 2nd half against Spurs Wolves Brighton and now Leicester,plus most of the europa games (oh and the Derby game) if he cant see that then he is blind,so imo his changes have had no impact on the game whatsoever. 

Fully agree with you on where the pace and guile comes from and it beggars belief that Cho has not even made the bench in some of the games quoted. His insistence on Fab or Hino must play is just dumb...i could do what Hino does,3 to 5 yard passes in all directions and then point at what another play should do when he gets the ball...rarely tackles and when he does it,s normally a yellow :post-4641-1156694606:.

Added to that any sulky little barsteward with an afro style hair-do could do what Willian does......makes me want to reach for the shotgun that i aint got and blow that look of utter bewilderment right of his face....as yet another of his simple passes or easy crosses goes hopelessly way off target.

Sarri for all his experience is now up to an average of 5 to 8  "i dunno"  comments for all pre match and post match interviews....anymore of that and it will be Me who has "Samaritans" on speed dial.

Merry Christmas to you my old china plate and All other footie posters and fans.

Same to you and a great New Year Keith. You'll probably be too busy getting the new drum ready to enjoy anything though!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oldgit said:

Same to you and a great New Year Keith. You'll probably be too busy getting the new drum ready to enjoy anything though!

Yeah your right Og...i have been everywhere in the last 10 days...immigration, inland revenue,water board, electricity board, local amphur... buying tv,washing machine, fridge freezer microwave everything bar the "cuddly toy" clean the house fix leaking toilets, sinks,toilet roll holders, lights that dont work get 3bb in then its Sophon,and fit a game of golf in with no practice and my handicap is still coming down....then there is Chelsea....one thuccking job thats all those players have got one thuccking extremely well paid job....so do it,to the best of your ability without thuccking up...not much to ask is it???

• Haha 1

With Sarri persevering with the same old personnel, I feared the worst but, it was a disciplined, focussed win against a dangerous team. As usual we had to find our way through an organised and physical defence and, although it was a kick in the b****cks to concede just before half time (blinding volley by Pereyra), we kept our discipline after the break. In my opinion, very fortunate not to concede a penalty when Luiz bundled into Deulofeu, after Alonso found himself in no man's land yet again. Very unfortunate for Hudson-Odoi to be removed after picking up an injury, apparently not being 100% fit in the first place, no doubt being the reason why he was quiet. Emerson came on in the left back role and immediately impressed. Hazard was superb, linking up well with Kovacic who is getting better with experience of the Premier League. Now , if only we had a couple of wingers who are willing to take the full back on, and get to the byeline rather than drifting inside all the time, we would be in our element. Expect Luiz, Fabregas, Pedro and Willian to leave in the summer due to the club's policy of refusing to give contracts to players of 30 and over, a policy I thoroughly endorse.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, oldgit said:

With Sarri persevering with the same old personnel, I feared the worst but, it was a disciplined, focussed win against a dangerous team. As usual we had to find our way through an organised and physical defence and, although it was a kick in the b****cks to concede just before half time (blinding volley by Pereyra), we kept our discipline after the break. In my opinion, very fortunate not to concede a penalty when Luiz bundled into Deulofeu, after Alonso found himself in no man's land yet again. Very unfortunate for Hudson-Odoi to be removed after picking up an injury, apparently not being 100% fit in the first place, no doubt being the reason why he was quiet. Emerson came on in the left back role and immediately impressed. Hazard was superb, linking up well with Kovacic who is getting better with experience of the Premier League. Now , if only we had a couple of wingers who are willing to take the full back on, and get to the byeline rather than drifting inside all the time, we would be in our element. Expect Luiz, Fabregas, Pedro and Willian to leave in the summer due to the club's policy of refusing to give contracts to players of 30 and over, a policy I thoroughly endorse.

Hazard again was the Nuts...though he should have scored earlier with a rather flamboyant flick that just didn,t come off.

Kovacic needs to put one in the net....then he will surely move on to the next level....as apposed to some players we have that i wish would just move on.

• Like 1

Terrible day yesterday sitting in a bar . The Liverpool v Newcastle game was

on TV and I thought that it was a live match and watched Liverpool score four goals..........and straight after that the Liverpool v Arsenal game came on and I watched Liverpool score 5 goals . Sat through watching Liverpool score 9 "live" goals in one evening ????

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Terrible day yesterday sitting in a bar . The Liverpool v Newcastle game was

on TV and I thought that it was a live match and watched Liverpool score four goals..........and straight after that the Liverpool v Arsenal game came on and I watched Liverpool score 5 goals . Sat through watching Liverpool score 9 "live" goals in one evening ????

They didn't look weary at all in that second match !:whistling:

• Like 1

Well we got the points but for me that was more endured than enjoyed. We should have put it to bed - comfortably. Giroud was a bit unlucky with the first offside but even more so with the lack of service. I'm a fan of Willian but he was very poor today, Kante is wasted and the three subs did sweet FA between them apart from give the ball away. Why would a player of Hazard's ability want to hang around with the likes of Kovacic, Borejinho and Moratta?

Quite surprised at how negative Palace were. For much of the game, there was hardly any pressing on our defence and full backs, so Jorginho was virtually unopposed to do what he wanted. Kante undoubtedly the man of the match with his energy and tackling, with Azpilicueta not far behind. The goal was the icing on the cake for him. He showed the rest that, against packed defences, you've got to make the runs from deep into the box. It's the surprise element, something out of the ordinary, that breaks them down. Too many 'screen passes' do nothing. They expect it and are comfortable with it. I desperately want Morata to do well as he's shown signs of class, skill and finishing ability in the past, but he came on in this game and looked disinterested. Maybe he was rusty after the injury. I bloody hope so for his sake because he's got to start delivering very, very soon. Giroud did well without setting the place alight though that last offside goal was a classy finish. Alonso was a pain up the arse again and needs to be benched forthwith. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Well we got the points but for me that was more endured than enjoyed. We should have put it to bed - comfortably. Giroud was a bit unlucky with the first offside but even more so with the lack of service. I'm a fan of Willian but he was very poor today, Kante is wasted and the three subs did sweet FA between them apart from give the ball away. Why would a player of Hazard's ability want to hang around with the likes of Kovacic, Borejinho and Moratta?

I like Kovacic but it seems as though he's marmite to a lot of Chelsea fans.

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

Quite surprised at how negative Palace were. For much of the game, there was hardly any pressing on our defence and full backs, so Jorginho was virtually unopposed to do what he wanted. Kante undoubtedly the man of the match with his energy and tackling, with Azpilicueta not far behind. The goal was the icing on the cake for him. He showed the rest that, against packed defences, you've got to make the runs from deep into the box. It's the surprise element, something out of the ordinary, that breaks them down. Too many 'screen passes' do nothing. They expect it and are comfortable with it. I desperately want Morata to do well as he's shown signs of class, skill and finishing ability in the past, but he came on in this game and looked disinterested. Maybe he was rusty after the injury. I bloody hope so for his sake because he's got to start delivering very, very soon. Giroud did well without setting the place alight though that last offside goal was a classy finish. Alonso was a pain up the arse again and needs to be benched forthwith. 

I would give Morata the benefit of doubt and hope it was down to not being match sharp (his 1st touch...was <deleted>). Not impressed by Barkley...easily dispossed on numerous occassions...but again not really had enough game time lately imo. Willian and (borehino) very apt description...both just do not do enough imo.

Kante was excellent and so too was Luiz imo. Yes Dave did have good game.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Marmite....rhyming slang???

I lhink he has the potential to be a consistent classy player....more so than Rlc borehino and barkley imho

Marmite Keith? It's that stuff you spread on your bread. People either love it or can't stand the smell of the stuff. I'm one of the latter.......ghastly concoction.

Age old occurrence against packed defences of, with the players that we have at our disposal, too many touches being required in and around the penalty area. Runs from deep and quick, one touch football are the answers to find a way through. Meanwhile, Morata was feeding on scraps throughout the match. The quality of the crosses, from both flanks, were abject.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Thought Southampton played well and deserved there point.

Us as ever.... room for improvement.o

They did play well but, on their rare forays on the counter, they offered nothing. Because of that, I reckon they are in big danger of going down

22 hours ago, oldgit said:

They did play well but, on their rare forays on the counter, they offered nothing. Because of that, I reckon they are in big danger of going down

Personally i would rather those dirty kuntz Burnley went down rather than Southampton. Don,t think even going back to the Leeds encounters,did i ever witness Every Chelsea player ending up on his arse,like they did against Burnley in our last game against them. "Dinosaur football" imo.

If Fabregas goes to Monaco then Sarri will have to come up with a plan B for Borehinio......

See Solanke has now gone to Bournemouth.....he will do very well there imo.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, keithsimmonds said:

Personally i would rather those dirty kuntz Burnley went down rather than Southampton. Don,t think even going back to the Leeds encounters,did i ever witness Every Chelsea player ending up on his arse,like they did against Burnley in our last game against them. "Dinosaur football" imo.

If Fabregas goes to Monaco then Sarri will have to come up with a plan B for Borehinio......

See Solanke has now gone to Bournemouth.....he will do very well there imo.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

This ref is bluddy shocking,no wonder we never have any of our refs in major comps,they are rubbish. There were Only 12 players in the box(14 in total) when fabregas hit his poorly executed penalty,how the thucck was that penalty not retaken...or am i wrong and you can have as many players in the box as you want??? Blatant trip on Morata and a possible red card offence to boot......"computer says no"

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

This ref is bluddy shocking,no wonder we never have any of our refs in major comps,they are rubbish. There were Only 12 players in the box(14 in total) when fabregas hit his poorly executed penalty,how the thucck was that penalty not retaken...or am i wrong and you can have as many players in the box as you want??? Blatant trip on Morata and a possible red card offence to boot......"computer says no"

Should have been a free kick to Forest for ungentlemanly conduct.