The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Higuain done then but I can’t help thinking that it’s about 5 years too late. There’s been so much speculation about him for years. Let’s see what he can produce at 31

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MrTrip said:

Higuain done then but I can’t help thinking that it’s about 5 years too late. There’s been so much speculation about him for years. Let’s see what he can produce at 31

Best kept secret in football eventually signs.....only not in time to play tonight which he would have been if signed before 12 midday yesterday....ughhhhhhh

Still hopefully it will be better late than never.

• Like 1

A good 1st half for us...but where was Dave for there goal....again gave far too much space to Rose...Borehinio Barkley and Pedro....just not good enough. Willian....oh boy,if i was Cho i would want away if i could not start infront of him. Emerson did the business for me,far far better than Alonso.

• Like 2

15 Cup finals in 16 years............and a few Premier league trophies thrown in for good measure [emoji846]

Don’t forget the big eared trophy [emoji471]

• Like 1

Before the kick off, I was transported to the stratosphere with the news that Alonso was out and Giroud was to be our central striker. And, in my mind anyway, both those selections were vindicated. Although Giroud couldn't score a goal, even if it was served up on a silver platter, he did add a physicality in the penalty area and Hazard looked ecstastic at the removal of the 'false number 9' albatross. Much more energy and purpose about the team last night, in contrast to the bilge dished up at Arsenal. Chelsea needed to be on their game though because Spurs, even without Kane, Son etc. were still a handful.

When the penalty shoot out arrived, and Dier had skyed his attempt, I was shouting at the television (as us football lunatics do in moments of high stress), "Where's Eden, where's Hazard, where's f*****g Hazard!" After all, he is our master penalty taker and hasn't missed a penalty since Sitting Bull stood up. 'O ye of little faith', Sarri had planned for this all along.

The scenes after the game showed that this squad is as one and the collective team spirit is still there.

• Like 2

Gutted but not surprised by Cho;s transfer request...he probably doesn,t know whether to laugh or cry when Sarri explains that both 30+ year olds Willian and Pedro are infront of him in the pecking order????. If there is no place for him in the side or squad tonight then i suppose that is that. 

My only hope then is that Ampudu does not follow suit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Tie of the round guys. 

Impressions of Huguain in first match?

Hard to gauge really. A couple of nice, controlled touches but looked a bit leaden- legged to me. That could be down to lack of match fitness though.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Hard to gauge really. A couple of nice, controlled touches but looked a bit leaden-�legged to me. That could be down to lack of match fitness though.

He made some decent runs. Just looks like there is a but  of work to do on the training ground to use him to his best ability. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Truly shocking,all that 1st half possession counting for for sweet fa. There was a time not too long ago where we played direct football....now it.s just too predictable and so so easy to defend against.

Last time you got done by 4 goals was in 1996 by us that was you remember? I bet you were only about 65 then. 

5 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Truly shocking,all that 1st half possession counting for for sweet fa. There was a time not too long ago where we played direct football....now it.s just too predictable and so so easy to defend against.

Gutless, tippy - tap football with zero idea how to penetrate their defence, and you absolutely KNEW that any cross from the flanks, was going to come to nothing. Bournemouth on the counter looked like greyhounds to our tortoises.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

They've got Man City at the Etihad up next week. They could get a right doing.

I don't think so. Our defence and midfield are much more comfortable facing the play without acres of space behind them. Mind you, the team's attitude must be spot on for this one.

• Like 1

Very confusing time at Chelsea when Sarri says he's not sure he can motivate his players any more . That Hazard can leave if he wants too but also says he doesn't have any imput to players who might be coming and going.Amongst the mixed messages anyone who knows how the club hireachy works have a clue ?

10 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Very confusing time at Chelsea when Sarri says he's not sure he can motivate his players any more . That Hazard can leave if he wants too but also says he doesn't have any imput to players who might be coming and going.Amongst the mixed messages anyone who knows how the club hireachy works have a clue ?

But when United were doing badly we were told everybody needs a director of football! Can't see that system working too well at Chelsea.

9 hours ago, oldgit said:

Gutless, tippy - tap football with zero idea how to penetrate their defence, and you absolutely KNEW that any cross from the flanks, was going to come to nothing. Bournemouth on the counter looked like greyhounds to our tortoises.

I think we made more crosses in that game than we have done all season,but to no avail. I don't know why  Sarri didn,t leave Higuain on with Giroud??

Performances of late are just....Jekyll and Hyde.

Edited by keithsimmonds