The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

53 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

I think we made more crosses in that game than we have done all season,but to no avail. I don't know why  Sarri didn,t leave Higuain on with Giroud??

Performances of late are just....Jekyll and Hyde.

Not only crosses Keith. Free kicks and corners as well. I haven't seen one savage dead ball exponent yet, out of this current squad, who can whip a ball in that terrorises the opposition. Why isn't Zola doing something? He was brilliant at it!

55 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Not only crosses Keith. Free kicks and corners as well. I haven't seen one savage dead ball exponent yet, out of this current squad, who can whip a ball in that terrorises the opposition. Why isn't Zola doing something? He was brilliant at it!

Was is the key word Og,dont think Zola cuts the mustard as a coach or even an assistant. Maybe Sarri just sends him off to the shops to get his fags cheap.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Glad to see your excited about the league cup. 

Not nearly as excited as who we beat on the way to getting there....hows ya memory?? I go back less than 23 weeks ....not years.????

You keep tossing them up and i,ll keep batting them back.

Edited by keithsimmonds
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Not nearly as excited as who we beat on the way to getting there....hows ya memory?? I go back less than 23 weeks ....not years.????

You keep tossing them up and i,ll keep batting them back.

Low hanging fruit is your poison then.

• Confused 1

I know it could be just paper talk as usual,but if true Sarri not travelling back with the players on the team bus after Wednesdays drubbing and now being questioned as to whether he has a plan (b) to fall back on when "Sarri ball" doesn,t work and the supposed "he should go if he wants"comment towards Hazard, is only going to end in one way.....Sexit

Expect his press conference tonight to contain a minimum of 6 "i dunno,s""

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

I know it could be just paper talk as usual,but if true Sarri not travelling back with the players on the team bus after Wednesdays drubbing and now being questioned as to whether he has a plan (b) to fall back on when "Sarri ball" doesn,t work and the supposed "he should go if he wants"comment towards Hazard, is only going to end in one way.....Sexit

I'd guess your next manager ain't gonna be an Italian.

3 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

I've got a plan B. Next time we play teams like Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Fulham or Cardiff away, we sit back and invite them on to us. That way, we are in our comfort zone with the play in front of us, and without having to contend with acres of space behind. They might be a bit hesitant to pour forward so there will be a bloody great open space in the centre of the pitch. Boring to watch but at least we're guaranteed a point!

40 minutes ago, oldgit said:

I've got a plan B. Next time we play teams like Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Fulham or Cardiff away, we sit back and invite them on to us. That way, we are in our comfort zone with the play in front of us, and without having to contend with acres of space behind. They might be a bit hesitant to pour forward so there will be a bloody great open space in the centre of the pitch. Boring to watch but at least we're guaranteed a point!

I can do boring Og....its better than that table football we are playing at times....where players can only move from side to side and under no circumstances are you allowed to spin the handles. A graphic to support the above would be good but i aint that clever.????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, oldgit said:

A nice free flowing, open game to get the players confidence back. Now, the work really starts this month.

Yeah it was open,which makes a change. Gonzo took his 1st goal well and Hazards finish was nice. Christensen played well imo tidy and composed on the ball. Thought kovacic was better in the jorhinio role than jorhinio,Willian didn,t seem to have any effect on the game imo. A lot tougher challenges lie ahead this month for sure...

cant wait!!????

• Like 2

On 2/3/2019 at 9:24 PM, keithsimmonds said:

Yeah it was open,which makes a change. Gonzo took his 1st goal well and Hazards finish was nice. Christensen played well imo tidy and composed on the ball. Thought kovacic was better in the jorhinio role than jorhinio,Willian didn,t seem to have any effect on the game imo. A lot tougher challenges lie ahead this month for sure...

cant wait!!????

Christensen is improving nicely but why Rudiger was left out is a mystery. Was it that Sarri wanted to rotate with our congested fixture list coming up? Or was it the "Chelsea should be ashamed" outburst after the Bournemouth game ? Rudiger was particularly scathing on the forward players in the team, which wouldn't have gone down well with Hazard and his mates. This isn't the first time Rudiger has blasted his team mates and I, for one, hope he keeps on doing it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oldgit said:

Christensen is improving nicely but why Rudiger was left out is a mystery. Was it that Sarri wanted to rotate with our congested fixture list coming up? Or was it the "Chelsea should be ashamed" outburst after the Bournemouth game ? Rudiger was particularly scathing on the forward players in the team, which wouldn't have gone down well with Hazard and his mates. This isn't the first time Rudiger has blasted his team mates and I, for one, hope he keeps on doing it.

Bang on there Og....last time Rudiger was critical of some of his team mates....he didn,t even make the bench. Best form of defence...is attack. Just one of those halfs the other night. No one would have put money on Bournemouth winning that 2nd half....let alone 4 nil. Discipline is needed,Dave for one tends to get a bit gun ho when we are chasing the game imo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sanemax said:

Sanemax, that was the "nuts"....had me going upstairs in the bungalow i now live in to get my white butchers coat and my favourite Red White and Green scarf out of the loft.

Happy days....or should i say bruised battered and verbally abused days.:annoyed:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A big game Sunday lads. I'd go with Christensen at centre back instead of Luiz with Rudiger returning, after his little outburst last week which must have upset the 'luvvies' up front. Christensen is a better defender and is ten times faster than Luiz so, he's better equipped to deal with City's quick fire attack. No big injury concerns either but I'd still drop Jorginho in favour of Kovacic, who could do that 'regista' role with his eyes closed and in a pair of carpet slippers. The one thing that Kovacic must not do, is get too tricky. He gets good, unusual angles on his passing, but that sometimes bamboozles the receiver so he's got to keep it simple and get forward when the opportunity presents itself. 

Virtually certain that Hazard will be leaving in the summer, as he was supposed to have given an interview a couple of months back to that effect. Considering the club and Sarri must have known about this development some time, Sarri has continued to trust Hazard's professionalism in getting on with the job and, in the main, Hazard has delivered first rate performances. Without a doubt, another one is needed on Sunday.

I'm yet to be convinced by Higuain though. A nice, straightforward introduction to Premier League life last weekend, but I want to see a lot more pace and movement from him on Sunday, if he starts the game that is, as Sarri could opt for the 'false number nine' again!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, oldgit said:

A big game Sunday lads. I'd go with Christensen at centre back instead of Luiz with Rudiger returning, after his little outburst last week which must have upset the 'luvvies' up front. Christensen is a better defender and is ten times faster than Luiz so, he's better equipped to deal with City's quick fire attack. No big injury concerns either but I'd still drop Jorginho in favour of Kovacic, who could do that 'regista' role with his eyes closed and in a pair of carpet slippers. The one thing that Kovacic must not do, is get too tricky. He gets good, unusual angles on his passing, but that sometimes bamboozles the receiver so he's got to keep it simple and get forward when the opportunity presents itself. 

Virtually certain that Hazard will be leaving in the summer, as he was supposed to have given an interview a couple of months back to that effect. Considering the club and Sarri must have known about this development some time, Sarri has continued to trust Hazard's professionalism in getting on with the job and, in the main, Hazard has delivered first rate performances. Without a doubt, another one is needed on Sunday.

I'm yet to be convinced by Higuain though. A nice, straightforward introduction to Premier League life last weekend, but I want to see a lot more pace and movement from him on Sunday, if he starts the game that is, as Sarri could opt for the 'false number nine' again!

Not much change from the last game,i think. Pedro in for Willian (who cares) Alonso to keep his place instead of Emerson :crying: Rudiger in for Christensen (bit harsh on Chris) Kovacic in for Barkley (fair enough) Barkley Giroud Emerson Willian and Cho on the bench.

Chelsea win btts 10/1....Thank you Betfair.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2019 at 8:02 AM, keithsimmonds said:

Not much change from the last game,i think. Pedro in for Willian (who cares) Alonso to keep his place instead of Emerson :crying: Rudiger in for Christensen (bit harsh on Chris) Kovacic in for Barkley (fair enough) Barkley Giroud Emerson Willian and Cho on the bench.

Chelsea win btts 10/1....Thank you Betfair.

Got that completely wrong :annoyed:.....Barkley starts instead of Kovacic....deary deary me......Pedro for Willian...massive shock......bet if Sarri does the lottery.......yeah you guessed it,same numbers every week.

Please Pedro just look up and play the right pass at the right time and do not run around like a headless chicken.......still he pick what team he likes.....so long as we win.

cotc :smile:

• Like 1