The Official Farm Photos Thread

19 minutes ago, kickstart said:

What did that take 3 days ?a 360 @ 1500 baht hour? 40, 000 baht????

He didn't say what size excavator.

Was thinking around 60 baht a cubic metre,hope i'm wrong and your price is right.????

Last dam i had done 15 years a go was 12 baht a cubic metre.

• Like 1

At the moment the local excavator guy is charging by the truck load removed at 230 baht. The tippers they use are 6 wheelers which at a guess appear to be loaded with about 4 cubic meters.

Therefore a pond of 40x20x2 or 1600 cubic metres would be 400 trucks or about as FJ guesses 90K baht.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/23/2020 at 7:11 PM, Grumpy John said:

Sarcasm! People in Australia think I am quite the barsteed Because of my propensity to use sarcasm so frequently.......but I do try my best to keep it in check.  Anyhow it's really wasted on my wife and the few other English speaking Thais that I  know.  Gems of sarcasm have been wasted time and time again because they just don't get it. 

If you find something funny, look for the hidden truth 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thoongfoned said:

local government sponsored program

We had one similar dug about 5 years ago. Cost even less (under 2,000 all in from memory). That deal was one farm in the village got one each year. Sounds like it has evolved but still dog cheap. I"ll have three please.

• Like 2

Had a 50mx50mx10m deep pond dug back in April. The cost was basically zero as the contractor had sourced out most the fill before starting. At the hight had eight 6 wheelers hauling and yes the wife did take 600 truck loads at 250 baht to fill in rice land of hers. She had to pay the same price as any one else. I stoped counting at about 1800 loads from the dig. That 250 was only if you were in about 3 km of the dig after that it went up to 350 or more depending on distance. This pond is paying off big time for her now 17 rai garden. I shall try and post some more on her Dream.

Edited by khwaibah
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, 473geo said:

Hello Kickstart 

Good looking dairy cattle - is the rain gun power take off driven?

473geo

I don't know exactly but at a guess there are 2 ways it could move:

1. Get pushed or towed into position, or:

2. be powered by the water being pumped through it which would drive a motor in the wheel/s

I would love to have one but I couldn't justify 190,000

5 hours ago, OOTAI said:

473geo

I don't know exactly but at a guess there are 2 ways it could move:

1. Get pushed or towed into position, or:

2. be powered by the water being pumped through it which would drive a motor in the wheel/s

I would love to have one but I couldn't justify 190,000

Agreed have seen blue piping and pump systems we will possibly use on the grass land, which would be cheaper, but something mobile like this could be beneficial if we are to experience persistent drought for the rice crops, and therefore on the grass land too. Maybe possible to rent out for a small fee too to recoup some of the outlay, depending on how it is powered

10 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

Some good looking stock in those pics.  I never knew that farmers had such good looking cows in Thailand.  I am used to seeing the Indian breed which look half starved! 

Like I said the cows at the show are from about the best dairy farms in Thai,and ,I could show a few razorback dairy cows in this area ,look more like black and white Thai beef cows than dairy cows.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, IsaanAussie said:

Exactly what I have been thinking about. Only 4 panels on my trailer though. Did you get any details on the sizes and electrics of pump and motor being used KS?

In a nutshell no, I  was driving past when I spotted it they were no one they at the time.

All I can say the boar hole would be about 50 meters deep ,this was taken not far from our place ,and we have a reasonable high water table, but saying that with the drought last year and no rain to speak of this year I would say 50-60 meters deep.

So, how bigger pump would be needed to pump up water from that depth, not my field, and also this guy is a big cane grower probable has other boar holes even deeper (90 meters deep is the deepest I have come across in this area) .

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kickstart said:

In a nutshell no, I  was driving past when I spotted it they were no one they at the time.

All I can say the boar hole would be about 50 meters deep ,this was taken not far from our place ,and we have a reasonable high water table, but saying that with the drought last year and no rain to speak of this year I would say 50-60 meters deep.

So, how bigger pump would be needed to pump up water from that depth, not my field, and also this guy is a big cane grower probable has other boar holes even deeper (90 meters deep is the deepest I have come across in this area) .

Big, bigger, too big for me. Explains the number of panels I suppose. 

• Like 1

As you can see this is a 10 panel unit,same as a lot of permanent setups in this area ,our local water tower has a 10 panel unit 

Most of the bore's in this area are 4 inch ,one just across the road from this one is a 6-inch boar ,1000 baht meters to drill, drilled it last month, if you had say  a 2-3 inch  bore not pumping from so deep ,would your 4 panel unit be able to pump the water.

RIMG1432.JPG

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kickstart said:

As you can see this is a 10 panel unit,same as a lot of permanent setups in this area ,our local water tower has a 10 panel unit 

Most of the bore's in this area are 4 inch ,one just across the road from this one is a 6-inch boar ,1000 baht meters to drill, drilled it last month, if you had say  a 2-3 inch  bore not pumping from so deep ,would your 4 panel unit be able to pump the water.

Good question and I don't have an answer yet. I want to use a cheap standard (buy anywhere) 220V pump or a belt driven reciprocating pump with a 1/2 HP motor. I have such a setup to fill the storage tanks in the pigsty. It draws water from about 10 metres. 4" sleeve in the bore and a 1" feed pipe. That fills 4, 1000 litre tanks in about an hour.

With 4, 380Watt panels I should be able to draw 6 to 7 Amps, should be enough. 

Bear in mind I am not planning on filling a pond. 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 11:55 AM, kickstart said:

Very near me ,someone has been shopping ,the JD is 280hp,with the 7 tine subsoiler on the back ,I saw this working last week ,the tractor barely broke in to a sweat pulling the subsoiler.

The subsoiler was made in Nakonsawhun I would  say the tine mounting plates are imported ,they even have shear bolts on them ,it is 4 meters wide .

The dice and crumbler  bar are from Field King .an Indian company (same company FJ was asking about the rotary hoe)this one is also 4 meters ,I would say that Ford  6640 would find it hard work on a bit of heavy  land 

The numbers ,talking to a guy ,not certain if he really knew ,the tractor a second hand import  4 million baht ,the semi mounted discs 200 000 baht ,the subsoiler not certain on price.

One of our local farmers was they ,I said that disc setup, use that  one pass then drill your corn, no need to use a 3 disc plough ,being Thai looked at me gone out not plough 3 disc......., never done that before ......

One thing we all agreed on was this kit will have to work 24/7 to pay for its self ,can not see that ,the guy said the owner was a Farang ? due here next week ,watch this space. 

RIMG1391 (2).JPG

RIMG1387 (2).JPG

RIMG1384 (2).JPG

RIMG1385 (2).JPG

RIMG1390 (2).JPG

This think drove past my house this afternoon ,found it this evening at the end  of our soi with that other big JD.

This thing is a JD 8360RT rated at 360hp, you could ask ,what is it doing in Thailand, IMO way over powered for Thailand's needs, had that set of discs on the back ,from that Ford 

As I got they the driver of the other JD was leaving ,I asked who do they belong  to he said a company.

A lot has been written over the past few years about the demise of the family farm in Thailand, and the rise of the big  company farm, with they big machinery, is this about to happen ?.

I know a lot of land in this area is rented by local farmers, landowners living in Bangkok, the land being an investment for them ,are the company ('s)  going to rent the land instead and start farming,.......we shall see.

The sticker in the windows is from an American auction house lot number ?, come from there,  to LOS ?.  Cost of thing so the guy said 5-6 million baht .

RIMG1447 (2).JPG

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2020 at 7:51 AM, Silent Number said:

Does Khon Kaen still have a race club if so they probably would have a farrier lurking somewhere. But if you live in that area you probably already know that.

On 6/12/2020 at 8:44 PM, kickstart said:

RIMG1432.JPG

I drilled 66 metres deeps  for 13,000 baht total price. 196 baht/metre