Double Entry Tourist Visas Being Issued?

Does anyone know if it is possible for a UK citizen to get a double entry tourist visa in one of the neighbouring countries to Thailand?

I know there was speak of it before, but i was not sure if it had been introduced yet.  If it is possible, where are the best places to go?  Vientienne still a good option?  Anywhere else?  

I am based in Hua Hin

I would not count on this occurring.  A simple step, which would make a big difference, but not offend the "long-stay foreigners out" faction, would be to simply make all Tourist Visas have automatic re-entry permits covering the 60-days of stay from first-use. 

This would allow people to use Thailand as a base for travel in SE Asia for 2 months at a time, without having to worry about being hassled for "too many" Visa-Exempts, or having to apply for re-entry permits or fresh Tourist Visas, to avoid risky* Visa-Exempt entries.

(* depending on travel-history)

On 12/5/2018 at 12:25 AM, steve187 said:

explain

i think you will find that is for a multi entry, the thread is about a double entry

Can you get an METV from a neighbouring country though? I thought you had to go back home (UK in my case). This does not work out that well for me because I don't go to Thailand for a good 3 months after leaving the UK, so if it turns out you can get an METV somewhere in the region that would be v. good news.

Course if the proposed changes actually happen then it might not matter. Still interested though.

Separately, can you get permission to re-enter when getting a SETV, or does that require a visit to immigration in LOS?

1 hour ago, Percy Penguin said:

Can you get an METV from a neighbouring country though? I thought you had to go back home (UK in my case). This does not work out that well for me because I don't go to Thailand for a good 3 months after leaving the UK, so if it turns out you can get an METV somewhere in the region that would be v. good news.

Course if the proposed changes actually happen then it might not matter. Still interested though.

Separately, can you get permission to re-enter when getting a SETV, or does that require a visit to immigration in LOS?

metv's visa re only issued in home country or place of residency, and are valid for 6 months. from date of issue

1 hour ago, Percy Penguin said:

Re-entry permit you can get at Imm' office in LOS or airport on the way out.