Pattaya spluttering!  Resort blanketed by potentially "dangerous dust"

webfact

Pattaya spluttering!  Resort blanketed by potentially "dangerous dust"

8pm.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable

Sophon reported that Pattaya was blanketed by a mysterious dust last night. 

They were not sure at first whether it was mist, smoke or dust but it was affecting large swathes of South, Central and North Pattaya and the Railway Road. 

They said that warnings had been issued by the authorities for dust in Bangkok and the surrounding areas but no such warning had been issued for Bang Lamung. 

They said that it looked like dust and the particles exceeded the permitted PM 2.5 limits. 

They warned people to avoid the area and if they didn't to wear masks. 

They said that the apparent dust had the potential to be dangerous but it was as yet unconfirmed exactly what it was. 

Source: Sophon Cable

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-21

This is no joke , have a look at the other Bangkok air pollution thread . 

I bought an AQI 2.5 pm (Air Quality Index)  meter a year ago and last night I measured up to 150 AQI, which is considered Unhealthy 

AQI 150 - 200 :

Everyone may begin to experience health effects; members of sensitive groups may experience more serious health effect

Active children and adults, and people with respiratory disease, such as asthma, should avoid prolonged outdoor exertion; everyone else, especially children, should limit prolonged outdoor exertion

https://aqicn.org/scale/

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1074080-bangkok-gets-pollution-warning/

Most of the car and truck dealerships are actively promoting and selling diesel vehicles. There are many countries that are phasing out these vehicles. Perhaps the car and truck companies are pawning off unwanted vehicles on an unsuspecting Thailand? A friend of mine is looking for a new truck, and the salespeople keep promoting their "clean" diesel trucks. Well, scientifically speaking, there are no clean diesels. Grow up. Get your act together Thailand. Work on the environment, before everyone has lung disease. Get with the times. 

This is not "dust". These are fumes from the millions and millions of vehicles on the road, in the region. 

14 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Exhaust fumes from all those ruddy great coaches creating traffic chaos all over town!

I am surprised the local Plod haven't jumped on this nice little earner whilst they are sticking/stitching up motorbike riders.  The black diesel fumes are potentially bigger killers than helmet less drivers.

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Most of the car and truck dealerships are actively promoting and selling diesel vehicles. There are many countries that are phasing out these vehicles. Perhaps the car and truck companies are pawning off unwanted vehicles on an unsuspecting Thailand? A friend of mine is looking for a new truck, and the salespeople keep promoting their "clean" diesel trucks. Well, scientifically speaking, there are no clean diesels. Grow up. Get your act together Thailand. Work on the environment, before everyone has lung disease. Get with the times. 

This is not "dust". These are fumes from the millions and millions of vehicles on the road, in the region. 

I seem to recall some years ago Thailand was getting it's diesel from Russia at a premium price. The catch was it was particularly dirty diesel.. I wonder if that is still the case.

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Imagine, all this vehicles with Benzene, Picture the Carnage , Will you...

Archived