2-year-old Boy’s Body Found in Sugarcane Field

Jonathan Fairfield

2-year-old Boy’s Body Found in Sugarcane Field

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter

k2.jpg

SUPHAN BURI — The body of a 2-year-old boy who had been missing for more than a week was found Tuesday afternoon in a sugarcane field.

After the search operation continued entered its ninth day, Sului Piew’s body was discovered at about 4:45pm about 5 kilometers from where he was reported missing.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2018/12/25/2-year-old-boys-body-found-in-sugarcane-field/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-12-25

1 minute ago, seahorse said:

I hope he didn't suffer too much before he died. 

I think the parents / guardians of this child should have been paying better attention before his disappearance. 

I my self and ex wife had rice fields to tend to, there was ALWAYS a carer standing by over our son .. this little fella had a slightly older sister that alerted parents that he was taken by a man....beggars belief. RIP little fella.

I think the parents / guardians of this child should have been paying better attention before his disappearance. 
That's harsh. If you ever had kids there will always be heart stopping moments when in the blink of an eye they disappear usually with a good result, occasionally a tragedy

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Missing two-year-old boy found dead near sugarcane plantation

By The Nation

efc1e9b495c46871974057892b0e59e4-sld.jpe

The search for a two-year-old Myanmar boy who went missing nine days ago ended in tragedy on Tuesday after his body was found 5 kilometres from a sugarcane plantation in Suphan Buri province.

Officials began scouring the 200-rai plantation on December 17 after his parents, who are Myanmar workers in the area, alerted the police of his disappearance. Locals, border patrol police and soldiers helped with the search, especially since his disappearance became national news due to his age. 

Initially, Suphan Buri Governor Nimit Wanchaithanawong suspected that young Sului Piew was kidnapped and taken out of the area after a search mission involving 300 people over the weekend came up empty-handed. 

He was last seen walking in his village in tambon Sa Phang Lan of U-Thong district with his three-year-old sister, who told police that a man had taken her brother by the hand and led him away. Due to this statement, police have decided to focus on kidnapping as a motive. 

The search-and-rescue team used elephants to help search for the boy in the plantation because sugarcane leaves are too sharp for humans to withstand. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30361139

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-12-26

10 hours ago, Tweedle dee said:

We have been following this dreadful event here, how on earth can a wee 2 year old stray away as far as 5 klms thru thick cane is beyond us. more to this we think for sure.

Its the easiest euse the police can come up with...and especially since the family is Burmese...you think they really give a s^it??

Oh, damn.  I guess I held out little hope after a week of wandering through sugarcane fields (this is the first I saw of the reports that someone took him; I thought he was just lost in the fields), but still, it would've been nice for there to have been a happy ending.

Poor child. R.I.P

Found in a field! A two year old!!! <deleted>!

As for the child's guardian/s what have they to say?! They are accountable. 

No child should be unattended. Period!

Sadly, life is cheap.

No doubt the child's death will be brushed under the carpet as are most matters concerning peoples welfare.

16 minutes ago, AlQaholic said:

Meanwhile, 30 seconds ago, a child somewhere in the world died from Malaria. One child dies every 30 seconds from Malaria. The last 3 years saw 85,000 children in Yemen die from starvation.

Spot on! Too bad the search and rescue efforts for this missing boy in Thailand could not retroactively save all the children you mentioned. ???? Or are you suggesting that because children die everywhere all the time we should stop trying to save the life of one? ???? What exactly is your point?

4 hours ago, Lingba said:

Its the easiest euse the police can come up with...and especially since the family is Burmese...you think they really give a s^it??

Actually I have to agree with you as they had troops and helicopters and maybe if they had a submarine they would have ferried that to the fields. Unheard of!  It looks to be a show to make the government look better. They really do not give a rats a** about those people who I would think rate on a lower than 4th class human being to them. Good call as I saw the same thing.

14 hours ago, seahorse said:

Ya well, easier said than done.

When i was 4, i apparently tri-cycled 5 kms away to another town in Germany, my dad being in the RAF and a search mission was undertaken with the local military and German police.

I don't blame my mum and apparently i had a good time...

1 hour ago, Sonhia said:

Poor child. R.I.P

Found in a field! A two year old!!! <deleted>!

As for the child's guardian/s what have they to say?! They are accountable. 

No child should be unattended. Period!

Sadly, life is cheap.

No doubt the child's death will be brushed under the carpet as are most matters concerning peoples welfare.

2 hours ago, leeneeds said:

Parents responsibility!

sad end to a short life,

Yours and a few other posts.

Jeez.

Give it a rest.

From your background - maybe.

Try it from a Burmese migrant worker's perspective when you don't have 2 coins to rub together and your temporary accommodation is a tin shack in a field.

The parents are victims already - no point rubbing their nose in it.

RIP to the little kid.

1 hour ago, thaiguzzi said:

Ya well, easier said than done.

When i was 4, i apparently tri-cycled 5 kms away to another town in Germany, my dad being in the RAF and a search mission was undertaken with the local military and German police.

I don't blame my mum and apparently i had a good time...

Yours and a few other posts.

Jeez.

Give it a rest.

From your background - maybe.

Try it from a Burmese migrant worker's perspective when you don't have 2 coins to rub together and your temporary accommodation is a tin shack in a field.

The parents are victims already - no point rubbing their nose in it.

RIP to the little kid.

It might be harsh, but if they don't have two coins to rub together and live in a shack in a field, what are they doing having children.

2 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Actually I have to agree with you as they had troops and helicopters and maybe if they had a submarine they would have ferried that to the fields. Unheard of!  It looks to be a show to make the government look better. They really do not give a rats a** about those people who I would think rate on a lower than 4th class human being to them. Good call as I saw the same thing.

It must be tiring to live constantly with the weight of such a negative mind! :saai:

A certainty is that to criticize so many things with virulence is very bad for your livers. :sick:

The body and mind making one it's not good either for your health in general. :whistling:

And there are so many with this mindset here...:sorry:

...that learning how to watch the events with a little more detachment would tremendously improve the health of many old members :tongue:

11 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

It must be tiring to live constantly with the weight of such a negative mind! :saai:

A certainty is that to criticize so many things with virulence is very bad for your livers. :sick:

The body and mind making one it's not good either for your health in general. :whistling:

And there are so many with this mindset here...:sorry:

...that learning how to watch the events with a little more detachment would tremendously improve the health of many old members :tongue:

Obviously you wouldn't know the burden of how hard it is to watch the politics and understanding of the world. Been here a long long time and my statement of the charade surrounding locating the boy is a farce. And yes I do discuss matters with my close Thai friends (business owners) to get Thai opinions.

3 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

Meanwhile, 30 seconds ago, a child somewhere in the world died from Malaria. One child dies every 30 seconds from Malaria. The last 3 years saw 85,000 children in Yemen die from starvation.

So what are you saying, "that this one doesn't matter"?

All the other infant deaths you mention are completely unrelated to this situation.

I'm always amazed at rationale like you applied here.

As i see it we will have to wait for an autopsy as it seems unclear if he wandered off or was snatched,anyway very sad news to hear a young 2 year old boy has died in such circumstances,also please spare a thought for the parents,being Burmese it is possible they did not have the extended family here that Thai's would have,ie Granny or auntie looks after the youngsters whilst the parents are working.

4 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Obviously you wouldn't know the burden of how hard it is to watch the politics and understanding of the world. Been here a long long time and my statement of the charade surrounding locating the boy is a farce. And yes I do discuss matters with my close Thai friends (business owners) to get Thai opinions.

It is this very sentence of you: "They really do not give a rats a** about those people who I would think rate on a lower than 4th class human being to them"

that motivated my answering. My Thai wife followed this story on TV and Facebook and answered to your sentence if Thai people do not give a rats a** about those people, then why then so many volunteered to help? This little boy was not a Thai boy, but a lower than a 4th class human boy. Besides just looking  at this photo gives reason to all members who think that from the moment the child was from Myanmar nobody cares

Thai eople do not give a *** .jpg

Foul Play Not Ruled Out In Death Of 2-Year-Old Boy

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter

S__26230805-696x464.jpg    

Members of Sului Piew’s family cry upon learning the toddler was found dead in a sugarcane field.

SUPHAN BURI — Murder hasn’t been ruled out in the case of a 2-year-old boy found dead Tuesday afternoon in a sugarcane field.

Police said they were rushing today to complete an autopsy on the body of Sului Piew, who was found 5 kilometers from where he had been reported missing in the central province of Suphan Buri.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2018/12/26/foul-play-not-ruled-out-in-death-of-2-year-old-boy/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-12-26

Archived