Russians race to Thailand

rooster59

53 minutes ago, racket said:

There's actually no reason why people should tip in Thailand, especially when they have double pricing. 

Totally Agree, not only that but must haggle over each baht. See fruits for 10 baht, offer them 5

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trigpoint said:

Apparently true, my wife works in a restaurant on pratamnak soi 5 and said more Russian now, miserable buggers she said, don't speak a word of English, don't tip or smile either. 

in Latin America americans, europeans and other "english speakers" can't speak a world of Spanish. 

miserable buggers.

What latin american people think of them -- go figure. ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Funny how TAT is always chasing the wrong group:

- they aimed for high-income travelers, and soon after it became clear its mostly russians and chinese coming over

- they go after the russians and soon after the russians stop coming (currency crisis) and the chinese take over

- TAT starts focusing on chinese and ... the chinese growth stops and now russians are coming again

Waiting for next week where TAT announces they start focusing on the russian market again... only to hear that its chinese or indians now coming over in droves.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, quandow said:

I used to HATE Russian scuba beginning students. They never listened and wanted to go to the bottom of the ocean when they were required to stay at 6 meters then 12 meters during their intro dives. I would have to fight them, holding onto their tanks to keep them at the required depths.

EVERY. DAMN. TIME.

the gene pool having a cleansing and you c'ckblocked the gene pool ?
you are a very brave man.

2 hours ago, BestB said:

Whoever told you Thai know there is anything outside of Thailand ?????

they use to have same saying in the USA..... recently graduated students didn't know Canada and Mexico had a border with the USA

• Like 2

3 hours ago, trigpoint said:

Apparently true, my wife works in a restaurant on pratamnak soi 5 and said more Russian now, miserable buggers she said, don't speak a word of English, don't tip or smile either. 

Good to know they haven’t changed ????

4 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Great stuff the Russians are Rushin' back then .. The rouble don't look too healthy though so look forward to more DIY street entertainment with plenty of Cossack dancing outside 7/11's once they've tanked up on some large bottles of Chang and maybe some punch-up's in Walking street .. 

I was thinking,  more like loads more ATM skimming machines being fitted all over Phuket.

• Haha 1