Can’t wishdrawl 30k baht anymore?

I noticed that is not possible to withdrawal more then 20k with my scb card on a other banks atm like kasikorn

Also with my Eu visa the give me only 20000 at one time not 30 k asking my bank the say there is only a 1000€ limit a day for withdrawal but not a one time limit

When thai card issued from same bank I can get still 30k at one time!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

30 minutes ago, MJCM said:

SCB I believe they are now limited to 20k THB,  but you have can up the limit via online Banking.

I recently did also the purchasing limit was set to low limit (20k I believe)

I honestly can't find it anymore how I did it, I checked in both SCB online banking and the Phone app but at the moment I honestly can't find it.

If you want to change it, just call their service number : 02-777-7777

Sorry when I have found it I will report back

I thought I went crazy ! Found it !!!!!!!!!!!!

It's via Internet Banking (PC)

Click on

- My account

- Next to your Savings account, click on VIEW

- Scroll down and select SET CARD LIMIT

SCB_set_limit.jpg.552e066aed12d40d06dc40c5c832b79f.jpg

19 hours ago, AtoZ said:

Kbank, Bangkok Bank, light blue color bank - can't withdraw over 20k with foreign Visa

Yellow bank - can withdraw 30k with foreign visa

Citibank - can withdraw 50k with foreign visa

I am primarily using BB and SCB ATMs,

with foreign plastic some ATMs offer 30k, some only 20k.

I have never used my SCB debit card on other ATM's due to the fees, let alone outside of my local town as SCB also charge for withdrawing from other SCB ATM's/branches outside my local town, that said, I have used the ATM at Krungsri to withdraw money with my debit card from home and have withdrawn 30,000 baht and 15,000 baht after that as my daily limit on my debit card from home has a limit of $2,000AUS, that said fees are payable for each withdrawal, however my bank back home picks up the tab on the fees, and I do know if you walk in and ask for a counter withdrawal, they have a limit of 150,000 for a one off fee equal to that of the ATM fee, which I believe is 220 baht, however my bank won't pick up the tab for over the counter withdrawals, worth noting if your looking to pull out a lump sum and want to avoid the catchy repeat fees for the 20,000 baht limit @ 200 or 220 per withdrawal.

As for you SCB debit card, you may have to increase the limit, i.e. I have withdrawn 100,000 in a day (my card limit), i.e. 5 x 20,000 withdrawals, but not from other ATMs as stated earlier, only from SCB ATM's in my local town and no charge for using their ATM of course.

For me, I too find there are a few problems with ATMs.  Now the £/฿ exchange rate is so low and the "Visa" limit is £500 in the UK, I'm limited to that much in Thai Baht.  When the exchange rate was higher, I used to get ฿30,000.  Then some machines only issue 20 notes, so asking for ฿15,900 to get change was all right (15 * 1K, 1 * 500, 4 * 100) but you couldn't ask for more unless you had all 1,000's.  The newer machines seem to be able to output many more notes  Then some Banks have their own card limit and that restricts what you can get.  As I'm with Kasikorn, their accounts have settings too - Oh, and if it worked yesterday, that doesn't mean that your card will work today.

The good thing about the rules in Thailand is that there are plenty to choose from.

I have been with Bangkok Bank for over 18 years and I have never been able to withdraw more then 20,000 baht on my ATM card per transaction. If I needed say, 30,000 baht I reinserted my ATM card for the extra 10,000 baht. For me it is 20,000 baht per transaction and not per day.

16 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

I have been with Bangkok Bank for over 18 years and I have never been able to withdraw more then 20,000 baht on my ATM card per transaction. If I needed say, 30,000 baht I reinserted my ATM card for the extra 10,000 baht. For me it is 20,000 baht per transaction and not per day.

And that's only because that is what they set your default limit to when you opened the account.  You can raise that by contacting your branch or calling 1333 and following the automated instructions.   I have my Bangkok Bank debit card set to Bt50K per day which allows me to get Bt25K out of Bangkok Bank ATMs per pull (Bangkok Bank ATM limits each pull to a max of 25 notes)...do two of those pulls per day at a Bangkok Bank ATM.  Or I could go do a Bt30K and Bt20K pull from ATMs such as Krungsri and TMB ATMs that allow up to 30K per pull.

For example on the withdrawal/spending limit on a Bangkok Bank UnionPay debit card....can change up to Bt500K in some cases....but I "think" around Bt200K is what most accounts will be limit to in terms of daily ATM withdrawals.  Other Bangkok Bank debit cards are similar .  Anyway, you can change the daily ATM limit to a much higher amount than Bt20K.

image.png.b813cbdbaf0c6ff2277067f00a825c46.png

I transfer from the UK to Bangkok Bank and 20,000BB ATM withdrawal no problem , however if I go to the ATM and draw on my Barclay debit card I am limited to 12500 baht because of the exchange rate . Barclays allow 300 pounds a day max . This dam Brexit crap is making every Brit poorer .

On 1/14/2019 at 11:30 AM, AtoZ said:

Kbank, Bangkok Bank, light blue color bank - can't withdraw over 20k with foreign Visa

Yellow bank - can withdraw 30k with foreign visa

Citibank - can withdraw 50k with foreign visa

As Atoz said, 30k for ATM withdrawal from KrungSri, aka "the yellow bank".
Of course thats subject to availability.  Sometimes you have to read carefully.

I've had all types of banks limit the withdrawal, just due to lack of 500 and 1000 notes in the ATM.

(like a Bangkok Bank ATM limiting to 5000, purely due to shortage of notes in ATM)
So they give you the option to cancel, no harm done.  Then just try another ATM/branch.

TMB will let you withdraw 30K even with a foriegn card.  

SCB and other banks you can have them change your daily withdrawal limit.   But at the ATM you can only withdraw 20K at a time.  But you can do so more than once to get the amount you want.  So if your limit is 50K per day you can make two 20K and one 10K withdrawal at the ATM.

5 hours ago, Pib said:

And that's only because that is what they set your default limit to when you opened the account.  You can raise that by contacting your branch or calling 1333 and following the automated instructions.   I have my Bangkok Bank debit card set to Bt50K per day which allows me to get Bt25K out of Bangkok Bank ATMs per pull (Bangkok Bank ATM limits each pull to a max of 25 notes)...do two of those pulls per day at a Bangkok Bank ATM.  Or I could go do a Bt30K and Bt20K pull from ATMs such as Krungsri and TMB ATMs that allow up to 30K per pull.

Thanks for this information. I always wondered, why i couldn't get 24900 Baht per pull, as the limit is 25K, now i got it (never thaught about a limit of notes).

I've noticed some new style SCB ATMs (very fancy) at places like Central Chidlom in BKK that have signs posted on them saying they'll allow 150,000 baht withdrawals. But obviously, your bank card has to be set to allow such a large amount per withdrawal or per day...

It's not clear to me, though, whether that amount applies when using those ATMs with ANY bank card or just when using a SCB debit card... I will ask the SCB staff there next time I'm in the neighborhood....

33 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I've noticed some new style SCB ATMs (very fancy) at places like Central Chidlom in BKK that have signs posted on them saying they'll allow 150,000 baht withdrawals. But obviously, your bank card has to be set to allow such a large amount per withdrawal or per day...

It's not clear to me, though, whether that amount applies when using those ATMs with ANY bank card or just when using a SCB debit card... I will ask the SCB staff there next time I'm in the neighborhood....

That's 150- 1000 baht notes on a single pull.  

are these ATMs standalone or next to their branch?  

I would imagine these atms would be targets for theft as they would have a much higher amount of bills in them.    Or maybe they only have 1000 baht bills stored (no 500 or 100 baht bills).

6 hours ago, superal said:

I transfer from the UK to Bangkok Bank and 20,000BB ATM withdrawal no problem , however if I go to the ATM and draw on my Barclay debit card I am limited to 12500 baht because of the exchange rate . Barclays allow 300 pounds a day max . This dam Brexit crap is making every Brit poorer .

Can you contact Barclay's customer service and request a temp/permanent daily limit increase?

5 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

That's 150- 1000 baht notes on a single pull.  

are these ATMs standalone or next to their branch?  

I would imagine these atms would be targets for theft as they would have a much higher amount of bills in them.    Or maybe they only have 1000 baht bills stored (no 500 or 100 baht bills).

As I mentioned above, they're inside the SCB branch inside Central Chidlom... So when the branch closes, the ATMs are closed as well from public access...

I too was amazed when I saw the sign sticker on each of those ATMs listing the high withdrawal amounts. Have no idea how exactly they work. but the signage on them is very clear. As I said above, I'll ask for more details next time I'm in that location.

1 hour ago, swissbie said:

Thanks for this information. I always wondered, why i couldn't get 24900 Baht per pull, as the limit is 25K, now i got it (never thaught about a limit of notes).

Yea, I think Bangkok Bank ATMs may be the only one where the screen says a person is limited to 25 "Notes" per transaction....like in 25 one thousand baht notes.  Other Thai bank ATMs just say a certain max amount is allowed like maybe 20K, 25K, 30K but that really means 20, 25, or 30 Notes max consisting of 1000, 500, and/or 100 baht Notes. 

Archived