Tout dumps slow loris with tourist, evades arrest at Kata Beach

webfact

Tout dumps slow loris with tourist, evades arrest at Kata Beach

By The Phuket News

1547528901_1-org.jpg

Officers believe the slow loris tout was tipped off by other vendors at the beach. Photo: DNP

PHUKET: A slow loris tout dumped the slow loris he was carrying with a tourist then ran away to avoid arrest at Kata Beach yesterday afternoon (Jan 14).

Piyawat Sukon, Chief of the Khao Phra Thaew Non-Hunting Area Conservation Centre in Thalang, led a team of officers to Kata Beach yesterday after receiving tip-offs from tourists.

The tip-offs reported that a tout was walking along the beach and charging tourists to have their photos taken with a slow loris.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/tout-dumps-slow-loris-with-tourist-evades-arrest-at-kata-beach-70029.php#ewcGgwVWZGhZRZLZ.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-01-15

I saw three slow loris touts in about five minutes on Karon Beach at around sunset two days ago. I know there's a number to call but theys probably have been home for the evening before anyone arrived.

It would be so easy to have an incognito presence on the beach but the police just don't work that way.

2 hours ago, madmitch said:

I saw three slow loris touts in about five minutes on Karon Beach at around sunset two days ago. I know there's a number to call but theys probably have been home for the evening before anyone arrived.

It would be so easy to have an incognito presence on the beach but the police just don't work that way.

If your making a baht or two legal or otherwise I'm sure the BIB are getting a commission.

19 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

One of the only two venomous mammals ?  Although less likely to hurt a human than a platypus.

Quite cute really but I'm not sure about having one as a pet.

I dunno.... my ex was/is a particularly venomous mammal

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, madmitch said:

Police don't work... end of story !

• Like 1

For how many years have the slow loris touts been working the tourists areas here?

Same old story.  A crackdown is ordered.  A tout is arrested for a photo op.  Both himself and the loris are back to work the next day.

6 months later, the process repeats itself. 

All so Thailand can claim to be against animal exploitation, all the time whilst profiting from it.

• Like 1