Four dead in Korat as pickups crash on curve

webfact

Four dead in Korat as pickups crash on curve

By Prasit Tangprasert 
The Nation

dee47ab68fb69e53a44f907bb2dc130b.jpeg

Four people were killed and another was seriously injured when two pickup trucks collided head-on in Nakhon Ratchasima early Sunday morning.

89b8d5905e24268e4f812cf4c02525b5.jpeg

A Nissan carrying four area residents and a Toyota with a single occupant met at a curve on Noen Sung-Kham Sakae Saeng Road in Noen Sung district.

Both vehicles were reported to be travelling at high speeds.

Police were checking the names of the deceased and injured before contacting relatives.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30363433

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-02-04

33 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Generalizing.

Racial profiling.

Could you not insert the word "some" before the word "Thais" please?

Otherwise you are insinuating my wife (who is Thai) can't steer round a curve as you so succinctly put it.

Unfortunately for you, she drives a 4 door pick up, all around the country and never had an accident.

Strange that.

Innit.

it shows that all kinds of (deadly) accidents aren't worth a single mail or statement (this was my first n last contribution to "wacky races of death"...)

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, legend49 said:

Nothing new here we all know Thais cant STEER around a curve they need both sides of the road.

They need both sides of the road - and the shoulders.  And should one driver decide they want to drive the wrong way in the lane that you are occupying?  Then you need to get out of the way.  If you don't - this is what happens. 
Suicidal?  Yep.  But see it every day I get in my car.  Highly aggressive Thai drivers with a bent toward suicidal driving.  It's the norm. 

• Thanks 2

Maybe not about driving skills to turn in a bend.

On the first photo, the road and markings show no curve, but it looks on the first picture as someone has dug a trench across the road.  The smashed car also has a front wheel in that trench A piece of some pipe is also visible in the trench in front of that car.

So maybe an illegal road work with no visible warning signs....and the cars tried to avoid driving into it.

Or is it the leaked fluids from the car that gives that impression?

Edited by JohanB

9 hours ago, seajae said:

drive on any road in Thailand and you will see drivers cutting corners or using all the lanes to go around them, centre lines mean nothing to many of them. They will cut  across the road so they do not have to turn the steering wheel too much, really have to wonder if its because they do not want to expend the energy to do so or the fact they simply dont know how to go around a corner in the same lane on their own side of the road. From what I have seen many simply do not know how to approach a turn/corner especially at speed, it can all be put down to the pathetic driving instruction they get

What driving instruction ?

I have not driven in years (You are welcome) and who ever drives for us is a tried and true driver. It's rare that I need to advise the driver to "Chai yen yen", at legal speeds, stay away from trucks, either speed up or drop back. When I see the "Big Boys" I wonder how long it has been since they had a nap? Are they at the blinking stage? I think Thailand has the highest kill rate of any Country in Asia/Africa.

21 minutes ago, oldrunner said:

I have not driven in years (You are welcome) and who ever drives for us is a tried and true driver. It's rare that I need to advise the driver to "Chai yen yen", at legal speeds, stay away from trucks, either speed up or drop back. When I see the "Big Boys" I wonder how long it has been since they had a nap? Are they at the blinking stage? I think Thailand has the highest kill rate of any Country in Asia/Africa.

If my memory is correct, Thailand achieved the ranking of the deadliest roads in the WORLD a few months ago.

Seems to me a lot of these accidents happen at night-time, which is why I avoid the roads then. I just stay in my condo and listen to the song of the ambulances.

On 2/4/2019 at 8:38 AM, thaiguzzi said:

Generalizing.

Racial profiling.

Could you not insert the word "some" before the word "Thais" please?

Otherwise you are insinuating my wife (who is Thai) can't steer round a curve as you so succinctly put it.

Unfortunately for you, she drives a 4 door pick up, all around the country and never had an accident.

Strange that.

Innit.

wow 1-1000 congrats

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, kannot said:

wow 1-1000 congrats

So, 999 can't drive round a bend?

Thanx so much for your glass half empty thoughts.

Carry on Mr Misery Guts on every thread you post.

Bad hair day?

Wrong side of the bed?

Nah, it's Kannot's thoughts on Thai Life.

DELETED>