I will be going for my renewal for my retirement visa mid march (changwattana) I have a question about this TM30, when I did my first retirement visa last year I was never asked for this, all I had was bills with my name and address on it (bank statements/credid cards etc. Now do I have to get this TM30 filled in by the wife.

I have only reported once for the 90 day as I have been in and out of the country and that time they never asked for it then.

I think I understand about all the new requirements money in the bank etc...will there be anymore surprises

I believe someone said they were asked for the tm30 recently.   Many offices are doing that now.

Maybe have your wife call and ask if necessary for a retirement extension.  If she goes there with you, then you can do it if required...no ?   remember to bring her house registration and id copies if needed.....and possibly 1600 baht for late filing  ????

probably not what you want to hear....plenty of reading on TV on this subject if you have a few days .  Your probable outrage (if fined) will find plenty of company on the tm30 threads

Edited by rumak

I know people who have lived here for years...Changed apartments,flown in and out of the country and never filed a TM30 once ever.....

Some offices seem to care a lot other dont seem to care at all...

If you have the TM30 then for sure you dont pay...If you dont have it and they want it you pay....