broken timing belt

at15

1 hour ago, at15 said:

rolling the dice with only timing belt/water pump. 3k baht, supposed to have car back today. if its running and driving im happy, cant expect perfection from a 25 year old vehicle. 

Did you buy an OEM belt and tensioner ?

On 3/1/2019 at 7:21 AM, canthai55 said:

It is an easy job. One day easy. I figure - out of my A - 5K parts and labour

Well just for your (and others) amusement the Mitsubishi dealer quoted 12k all in - supposedly timing belt and tensioner..........and if I booked ahead could offer an extra 10% discount.

17 hours ago, topt said:

Well just for your (and others) amusement the Mitsubishi dealer quoted 12k all in - supposedly timing belt and tensioner..........and if I booked ahead could offer an extra 10% discount.

thanks. How much were the Belt ? Tensioner ?

3 hours ago, canthai55 said:

thanks. How much were the Belt ? Tensioner ?

No idea but because I also needed the rest of the 100k service they originally said about 17k all in. I asked if they had a list of what that included in the service and how much and eventually they said they would send it to me by email but they could only do this in Thai. 

I received that today but it seems to have everything (not just the service) and have sent off to a friend who works at a car manufacturer to ask if he can get it translated. However other then what I think is 8 hours labour no single item on the bill is over 1300 baht plus vat.

if I am right about the labour it is 8 hours at 540 baht per hour.

On 3/1/2019 at 8:32 AM, at15 said:

rolling the dice with only timing belt/water pump. 3k baht, supposed to have car back today. if its running and driving im happy, cant expect perfection from a 25 year old vehicle. 

And the update is ............. please