Front lights

mek

Had my Mitsubishi Pajero Sport serviced the other day. When we brought it in we mentioned to them that one of the front led strips had turned yellow.

When we picked up the vehicle 4 hours later they had a price for me for 2 new front lights, 11.800,- thb per light.......

Initially I thought that was a mistake but NO that is the price.

Am I being a tight a.., or is this a bit pricey???

The woman promised to call the main office to see if they could make us a deal.

Mek

Replacement for stock LED lights has always been through the roof....

Not sure if they're just sticking it to you, or limited stock of replacements = probably both....

If you were to build the vehicle using replacement parts it would be 3-4x's the original price.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mek said:

Had my Mitsubishi Pajero Sport serviced the other day. When we brought it in we mentioned to them that one of the front led strips had turned yellow.

How old is it 20 year old or did you upgrade on headlight bulbs.

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

How old is it 20 year old or did you upgrade on headlight bulbs.

No no it's from 2016. Apparently you can't change the led without changing the entire housing.......

1 hour ago, mek said:

No no it's from 2016. Apparently you can't change the led without changing the entire housing.......

That's a disgrace, what a rip off, never had anything like that on a SUV just over 2 years old.

9 hours ago, mek said:

the housing is glued together to complete assembly.

Nothing to say you can't open it up, change LED's, reseal.

Use this adhesive - holding my car bumper cover, along with many other things, for over a year with good results.
Even used to refasten soles on running shoes

UHU.jpg

Edited by canthai55
  • Like 1

The Light Thing is a big moneymaker, its a bit like Computers, they will bleed you at first, in the end wont be more than a normal  replacement unit.I Can remember years ago paying 25K for a GPS in a TURD Tuna, that was bloody useless , now they are free in a Chinese MG along with Apple Play . 28 K for lights?,expect thousands of unlit trucks once Thais have to replace them.

7 hours ago, canthai55 said:

the housing is glued together to complete assembly.

Nothing to say you can't open it up, change LED's, reseal.

Use this adhesive - holding my car bumper cover, along with many other things, for over a year with good results.
Even used to refasten soles on running shoes

UHU.jpg

The stuff you recommend is very good. Just one small problem you cant open any sealed light without buggering it. Added to that a replacement running light isn't sold separately only the complete thing. 

My Thai neighbour has just had to replace one of his. he's still moaning about cost. The OP only chance is to go to a breaker yard and see if they have one. He only needs one anyway.

6 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

The Light Thing is a big moneymaker, its a bit like Computers, they will bleed you at first, in the end wont be more than a normal  replacement unit.I Can remember years ago paying 25K for a GPS in a TURD Tuna, that was bloody useless , now they are free in a Chinese MG along with Apple Play . 28 K for lights?,expect thousands of unlit trucks once Thais have to replace them.

Would that be the same TURD Tuna that you didn't know how to change the DVD when I asked you (Found out yet???) Now it seems you couldn't work the Sat Nav. That you also didn't know came as an extra until I informed you. Might be time to stick with your Yugo with it's wind down windows and keep well away from anything complicated that's needs to be set up or pressed electric button wise.

N/B the one I had in my old TURD Tuna was easy to use. Much better/easier than the new ones. Didn't have so many things on it that you don't need.

Saying that the Blue tooth on the new one is very handy.

Edited by fredob43

17 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

As said above ...

Use a small cutoff wheel. Have a LED shop replace the LED's.

Reassemble with adhesive above.

Or pay an exorbitant price. UP 2 U

Your idea might be worth a try The OP lights are buggered anyway, cant loose anything.

But I would go with getting a new one. Seems the bulbs are fine just the reflectors are buggered up. Could end up with costing almost as much monies, and a lot more aggro for something that's second grade. Try to get a second hand one is the best deal I think. If you need to save a few BHT.

Edited by fredob43

6 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

I Can remember years ago paying 25K for a GPS in a TURD Tuna, that was bloody useless , now they are free in a Chinese MG along with Apple Play .  once Thais have to replace them.

Free?

15 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Would that be the same TURD Tuna that you didn't know how to change the DVD when I asked you (Found out yet???) Now it seems you couldn't work the Sat Nav. That you also didn't know came as an extra until I informed you. Might be time to stick with your Yugo with it's wind down windows and keep well away from anything complicated that's needs to be set up or pressed electric button wise.

N/B the one I had in my old TURD Tuna was easy to use. Much better/easier than the new ones. Didn't have so many things on it that you don't need.

Saying that the Blue tooth on the new one is very handy.

Yes its the one i bought for our Daughter on her Uni Law Degree. I did about 200 klics in the ponced up truck complete rubbish compared to ther basic exelent value Vigo. You Sir informed me nothing as usuall.

20 hours ago, JoeW said:

It's the correct price from the dealer. OEM Honda Civic LED lights are 28,800 THB incl 7% vat

If that's the price for a Honda, I don't want to think how much a BMW, Benz, or a R/Rover would be. But am sure it'll be at least treble. That's real monies.  

Happy ending,

Mitsubishi called us last week and told us to come in to have the lights changed free of charge. Could hardly believe it but today I went and had both frontlights changed without any charge. 

So sometimes you do get happily surprised in LOS ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mek said:

Happy ending,

Mitsubishi called us last week and told us to come in to have the lights changed free of charge. Could hardly believe it but today I went and had both frontlights changed without any charge. 

So sometimes you do get happily surprised in LOS ????

Well done Mitsu. Good after sales service.

Thanks for the update, at least someone gets things sorted with only a bit of aggro. Bet you wouldn't have had the same result if it was a Ford.

Edited by fredob43