Marriage VISA Requirements (1st time for me)

I've searched many a webpage and forum such as here and its still not clear what is needed!

Completed forms

400K in a Thai bank (I'm being told Bangkok Bank) - is this TRUE? as I don't bank with them since I arrived here 3 years ago on a work permit.

IF so I have to leave for 3 months to get this in place.

2 months before and three months after this must remain in the bank.... seems dodgy

Wedding Certificate I can understand

- Wedding pictures x25? are these required as we have a wedding certificate

-House pictures required/ what type I have no idea - out the front / interior? What?

-Baby birth certificate, again birth pictures (weird)

-Family pictures x 25 again weird.

Passports, fine..

-some photo's 4.6 or something

I need clarity if anyone can help who has just done this recently as its very unclear

I moved from Singapore a few years back - the process was clear as rapid, not like this absolute bag of wild cats.

Its getting very frustrating

-

Edited by fraggleRock
  • Like 1

It is doable, almost everyone manages, year after year...

It makes a difference where you live, as offices have specific requirements.

Also (maybe an obvious question) - did you marry in Thailand, to a Thai national?

Being married to a Thai also entitles you to a 60 day extension so you have time to season the money.

You and your wife must apply together with proof of address and marriage certificate. Just make sure you are registered at your home address.

I was married to my wife in England ,so had to get my marriage cert certified in the UK ,as i was thete on holiday sent forms off to Milton keynes 10 pounds plus stampedaddressed envelope ,back in 3 days,sent forms to Thai embassy London 10 pounds plus 10 pounds for return , back in 4 days ,very quick and efficient ,now next time going for marriage as i dont want to tie up my money ,why should i ? Anyway dont have to do it untill next jan.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ParadiseLost said:

It is doable, almost everyone manages, year after year...

It makes a difference where you live, as offices have specific requirements.

Also (maybe an obvious question) - did you marry in Thailand, to a Thai national?

Bangkok is where we live.

I married in Singapore to a Thai national as that's where we both lived.

8 hours ago, fraggleRock said:

I married in Singapore to a Thai national as that's where we both lived.

Have you registered your foreign marriage at an Amphoe to obtain a Kor Ror 22 marriage registry that immigration requires to apply for a one year extension of stay.

Your marriage certificate will have to be legalized, translated to Thai and the translation certified by the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA to do the registration.