Where To Stay At Koh Phangan

hello island people

Im planning to take a trip to your island in a week or two

Can you please recommend a resort or hotel near the beach

Wat is good service nice rooms friendly staff , the price is not so important

Maybe a new resort ?

And i think also about the ferry is that packed and if so how can i order a seat in advance

I hope someone can help

Best reg Andre :o

Any particular area you are interested in? Nightlife? Hotel amenities?

Wel i like to stay at a nice beach have som luxury and not to far from shopping

Nightlife is not on my aganda but good restaurants are

i suggest if you want a little comfort coming by plane would be a start then at the airport ask at the desk what they have normally anything you want coming over land is very traumatic and tiring if cost isnt important 40-50 pound for air is worth it if cost is important then take cheaper room you will still get good service and there are some good restaurants expensive and cheap next to almost every resort bungalow etc work out your budget punch in accomadation samui on your pc and see what it comes up with try asia rooms.com to start mainly bigger hotel though.

i suggest if you want a little comfort coming by plane would be a start then at the airport ask at the desk what they have normally anything you want coming over land is very traumatic and tiring if cost isnt important 40-50 pound for air is worth it if cost is important then take cheaper room you will still get good service and there are some good restaurants expensive and cheap next to almost every resort bungalow etc work out your budget punch in accomadation samui on your pc and see what it comes up with try asia rooms.com to start mainly bigger hotel though.

I have being to samui every year now and live in chiang rai

so i want to try koh phangan this year, i know about the costs

hello island people

Im planning to take a trip to your island in a week or two

Can you please recommend a resort or hotel near the beach

Wat is good service nice rooms friendly staff , the price is not so important

Maybe a new resort ?

And i think also about the ferry is that packed and if so how can i order a seat in advance

I hope someone can help

Best reg Andre :D

:o

Okay here goes at this time of the year there is no problem with the ferries if you want a wild time then get the haadrin queen from banrak samui to haadrin there you can bump into all the drunk or drugged up farangs who frequent the island for the fullmoon blackmoon and many other moon parties if you dont want that type of life then i suggest you get the seatran or lomprayah to thongsala takes 30 minutesb cost 250 baht you will be greeted by many agents hoping to sell youn a room in one of the resorts thes are some of the resorts that I would stay at if I dint live here

Haadson resort

Grand sea resort

Phangan bay resort

Milky bay resort

I am sure if you go on the websites you will have no probs and then if you decide you want a spliff you can catch the beep beep to Haadrin

Alo if you are traveling from the mainland you can get the ferry from Donsak suratthani into thogsala

hope you enjoy your stay as koh phangan is a great place to live

Grand Sea is beautiful, just outside of Thong Sala, fabulous looking rooms, gardens and pool. Service, on the other hand, is from my friends' experience, extremely so-so.

Milky Bay is nice, the pool and rooms are good, not as beautiful as Grand Sea, but I believe the service is much better. This is on the Ban Tai road a few KM outside of Thong Sala.

Haad Son is quite isolated unless you are willing to hire a bike or a jeep.

Why dont you try Sunset cove at www.phangansunset.com they are on the west coast, very nice boutique resort in forest and on beach, friendly staff, nice setting and very nice bungalows, open-air bathrooms.

Grand Sea is beautiful, just outside of Thong Sala, fabulous looking rooms, gardens and pool. Service, on the other hand, is from my friends' experience, extremely so-so.

Milky Bay is nice, the pool and rooms are good, not as beautiful as Grand Sea, but I believe the service is much better. This is on the Ban Tai road a few KM outside of Thong Sala.

dont agree with you beep beep drops you right outside and I also think it has the best beach staff are great and has budget rooms as well as penthouse suite all at a very reasonable cost

dont agree with you beep beep drops you right outside and I also think it has the best beach staff are great and has budget rooms as well as penthouse suite all at a very reasonable cost

If you mean the Haad Son resort, the taxi only drops people off during the daytime. At night a person would have to pay exorbitant rates to return from Thong Sala as it is not as highly travelled a road as the Ban Tai/Haad Rin road. And since the OP was looking for something convenient to restaurants....

If you mean the Haad Son resort, the taxi only drops people off during the daytime. At night a person would have to pay exorbitant rates to return from Thong Sala as it is not as highly travelled a road as the Ban Tai/Haad Rin road. And since the OP was looking for something convenient to restaurants....

The grand sea and milky bay look interresting but at sawasdee.com they get mixed reviews , so i dont know what to do

i want to thank you all for your response it helps me much

Well, depending on what time of the month you come (ie if you come around the FMP expect to find things full) you could just as easily book two nights at one place, hire a jeep or a bike and check out other parts of the island.

Grand Sea is beautiful and conveniently located to Thong Sala but their service is lacking. If service matters to you then I wouldn't stay there.

You could also check out First Villa in Ban Tai and Phangan Buri (in Hadrin but not on the busy main beach) as some more options.

Rung Arun Resort gets my vote. It has the nicest/deepest beach in Bantai, which is central to most of Koh Pha-Ngan. My favourite are the tasteful beachside bungalows.

And sunsets from Bantai/Bankai have been absolutely amazing lately, not to mention last night's Full Moon & eclipse...

jose '-)

post-9505-1173045872_thumb.jpg

Nice one Jose, did you see the eclipse? I was sound asleep.

You've missed a brilliant eclipse, SBK - not a cloud in sight.

Below are some of the (reduced) pics I took from our garden in Bantai beach.

post-9505-1173087531_thumb.jpgpost-9505-1173087652_thumb.jpgpost-9505-1173087663_thumb.jpg

post-9505-1173087686_thumb.jpgpost-9505-1173087699_thumb.jpgpost-9505-1173087714_thumb.jpg

jose '-)

Why dont you try Sunset cove at www.phangansunset.com they are on the west coast, very nice boutique resort in forest and on beach, friendly staff, nice setting and very nice bungalows, open-air bathrooms.

sunset is amazing. agreed. good people, gret beds

• 3 weeks later...

sunset is amazing. agreed. good people, gret beds

Note: website works in IE only, looks all broken in Firefox.

• 2 years later...