The week that was in Thailand news: The art of Doing It Yourself in Thailand

rooster59

17 hours ago, rooster59 said:

While I am a pretty good motorbike rider I have never shown the slightest inclination to get my head around mechanics. I clean my bikes only because some of the guys at the "lang at chiit" spray in the engine meaning it won't start.

I always cleaned my bike myself and checked in which condition it is. When I lived in Singapoor, we did Sunday morning rides for breakfast in Malaysia. Those guys who turned their bikes in for a "detailed" constantly lost all kinds of bike parts already on the bridge from the city state to the mainland.

Recently in HomePro, I wanted a new shower heater with built in pump (lowish water pressure).  The "assistant" spent over 30 minutes trying to persuade me that I didn't actually want that.  Well, I did, it's in & working beautifully.

I can only think that he'd have been on more commission for the one he wanted to sell me - more powerful, OK, but that doesn't help with low water pressure!

6 hours ago, inactiveposter said:

My HomePro story. I was looking for exterior paint to do some touch-ups. The salesperson told me, “No have bacteria paint.”

It seems to be missing something in this story, but the missing part may have made the salesperson's answer somewhat logic and taken away the funny twist you obviously wished to obtain ... :whistling:

10 hours ago, ttrd said:
17 hours ago, inactiveposter said:

My HomePro story. I was looking for exterior paint to do some touch-ups. The salesperson told me, “No have bacteria paint.”

It seems to be missing something in this story, but the missing part may have made the salesperson's answer somewhat logic and taken away the funny twist you obviously wished to obtain ... :whistling:

Perhaps they meant bacterior - exterior paint specifically meant for the rear of the house and the garden shed. They've also got fronterior, for the garage door. 

On 3/23/2019 at 5:43 PM, rooster59 said:

Going into Home Pro I always feel like Mel Smith on the groundbreaking and now thirty year old British TV comedy Not the Nine O'Clock News. Mel - playing a middle aged man - goes into a shop and asks if he may purchase a "gramophone". Rowan Atkinson says to his sidekick that this is going to be fun as they belittle and torment Mel for his lack of knowledge about tweeters, woofers, Dolby, amps and how many watts he needs. 

I remember it like yesterday, both the sketch and this kind of shop and staff. Rowan Atkinson was always funny when he played a bully, though these guys were so talented they could have all swapped the roles around and they'd have been equally convincing...

10 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

I remember it like yesterday, both the sketch and this kind of shop and staff. Rowan Atkinson was always funny when he played a bully, though these guys were so talented they could have all swapped the roles around and they'd have been equally convincing...

I have watched a lot of NTNON lately. I was surprised at how little was dated. Genius in the delivery and not to forget the many dozens of writers who provided the material. 

Rooster

• Like 1

Complete waffle.

The fact that this man totally ignores the experiences of about 100,000 posters whilst proudly proclaiming that his "mate" wants to come back to Thailand again speaks volumes  about his grip on the present situation in Thailand for most posters.

I have absolutely no interest in where he purchases his favourite deep fried Mars Bars (Luton) or his adventures in a third rate Thai public school.

Whilst I know that like Blondin he tiptoes across his own personal Niagara on a weekly basis-the same tried (but not necessarily true) formula really had its day in about 2005 and what is left appears to bear little or no relevance to the present day.

It reads Like Enid Blyton..the adventures of Julian,Dick,Anne,Georgie and Timmy the dog-whilst exciting 53 years ago has had its day and gone.