bank letter for immigration

11 minutes ago, moontang said:

for the 800k letter. it just states balance, but your bankbook pages should be copied and stamped for good measure.

Does this mean the pages in the bank book get stamped?  Or did you mean the photocopies of your bankbook should get stamped?  Is this a stamp from the bank, or immigration?  I don't remember my copies being stamped last year at Roi Et, but maybe I just wasn't paying close attention.

I'll be doing my extension (in Bangkok) next week and have prepared scans all the pages (except blank ones) from my bankbook and squeezed all the images into a single page (front+back) for printing.  Should I expect a stamp on each bankbook scan image or just one stamp on each side of the page?

Edited by attrayant

your pages were likely all stamped by your bank when you were issued book.  They will stamp the letter, anyway, so shouldnt be any charge for stamping your passbook copies, just one of those things...style over substance.  I also avoid transactions in that book...so only one or two copies...i do the front page, too.  And in my four extensions, those copies of passbook are the things most closely scrutenized...picture 7 years old?  almost never a problem...but you better have that bank shit straight.

Do not understand what you mean stamp, your bank book pages. When used money in bank over the years the bank just did a signed  letter and after I updated the book verifying the amount.

Your talking about stamping each copied page of your bank book?

I'm going to krung Thai bank for a letter for marriage visa.

I get money out in every month from a Thai source and more from a US source.

Which one are they most interested in?

Does the letter have to say I have a steady income from abroad?

12 hours ago, attrayant said:

There are no stamps that I can see, unless it's in fluorescent ink and shows up only under UV light.  Here's two of the blank pages in my kasikorn book.

IMG_8642.thumb.JPG.a5a1bd540bbbc973633fbac5571797e0.JPG

I checked a few of my newer books, and the inside first page was stamped and signed, but not the subsequent pages.  A bank officer has a stamp for anything requiring their signature,,,why not make the copies look official?

11 hours ago, Neeranam said:

What difference does it make where it comes from?

The OP is not very specific. If he is applying for a retirement extension based on 65,000 baht deposits every month they need to be shown as coming in from outside Thailand. If it simply the seasoned 800,000 baht then not. The bank letter I obtain simply confirms my account and the balance on that day. The seasoning is verified by copies of the passbook. I sign these and have the book with me at application time. 

Edited by jacko45k

13 minutes ago, rodknock said:

it is 65,000baht method

You will need a letter confirming you account and a bank statement showing the transfers into the country. 

Some offices may only want your bank book and copies of the pages showing the transfers.

ok, let's try this again; when you get your letter from the bank(bkk bank) using the 65,000baht per month income do they only list the incoming 65,000baht international transfer or do they list all your bank transactions.

thank you

2 minutes ago, rodknock said:

ok, let's try this again; when you get your letter from the bank(bkk bank) using the 65,000baht per month income do they only list the incoming 65,000baht international transfer or do they list all your bank transactions.

thank you

I don't think all bank branches will be prepared to show all of the transaction on the letter.

Others have used the standard bank letter used for the money in the bank option. And a bank statement stamped and signed by the bank.

Some office may only want the bank book and copies if it shows all of the transfers in it.

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The OP is not very specific. If he is applying for a retirement extension based on 65,000 baht deposits every month they need to be shown as coming in from outside Thailand. If it simply the seasoned 800,000 baht then not. The bank letter I obtain simply confirms my account and the balance on that day. The seasoning is verified by copies of the passbook. I sign these and have the book with me at application time. 

Or he could be going the marriage route.

Nonthaburi Immigration told me the other day that for the income method ... this applies to those who's embassies won't issue the letter....

They want to see the bank book updated on the day and a letter from the bank showing the amount...BBL have a standard letter, they showed me one.

Also a print out of the account and stamped by the bank. Which shows FTT against the 65,000thb transfers.

I only have two transfers March and April but they said that would be okay this year.  Just in case I have the required 800,000+ in another account but with the rules as they are I decided that I want to use the income method for the foreseeable future.

I went exactly a month early but it was so busy that they suggested, as I had time, to come back after Songram. I left with the impression that they would accept just the two transfers. I can make one more transfer before the time is up ....

Forgot to say ..I also showed them the last ten years of annual pension letter from my pension company ...

Edited by JAS21