Marriage extension questions

I am currently on a 1 year multiple entry O Visa based on marriage which is good until February 2020.  Today I just opened a bank account at Bangkok bank. I will start my monthly transfers from America this month of 45k baht into the account. How many months do I need to do that before I can apply for an extension.  My current entry is valid until  July 2. Also am I allowed to spend the 45k after it is brought into my bank account in Thailand or do I need to leave it sit?

Since it will be your first extension application you would could apply with only one transfer but the more you can show the better.

You can withdraw the funds without a problem since it is income to live on.

Just go to Savanakhet and get a one year. You'll need to leave every 90 days for first year. Bring all your cash over by month 9 (45x9). Apply for your extension.

You can spend it AFTER you get the extension stamped in your passport.

Edited by ozmeldo
  • Confused 1

Just now, ozmeldo said:

Just go to Savanakhet and get a one year. You'll need to leave every 90 days for first year. Bring all your cash over by month 9 (45x9). Apply for your extension.

I think you need to read the OP again.

33 minutes ago, PattayaKevin said:

I am currently on a 1 year multiple entry O Visa based on marriage which is good until February 2020.

1 minute ago, ozmeldo said:

Surely that's what the OP is already doing.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ozmeldo said:

There is no restriction on spending income money - it is using bank deposit that requires money remain in bank until extension.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, PattayaKevin said:

Thanks ubonjoe. Do you know how many witnesses Jomtien requires? Do they need to just sign a paper or actually go to immigration? What are they witnesses of? That we are married and living together or of our actual wedding?

As far as I know one will be needed when a home visit is done. They confirm you are living together as husband and wife.

5 hours ago, PattayaKevin said:

Thanks ubonjoe. Do you know how many witnesses Jomtien requires? Do they need to just sign a paper or actually go to immigration? What are they witnesses of? That we are married and living together or of our actual wedding?

Their requirement used to be one witness coming to the office w/ their ID and House-Book, who can attest they know you live together as husband/wife.  This may have changed in the past year or so, but is something which you can probably find out at the front desk - which is the best place to start the process, though expect more requirements may be added at the desk where you attempt to submit your application. 

Beware that if you rent, you may need more documentation from the landlord that was needed for your TM-30 as "proof of residence" - though the TM-30 must also be current.  Landlord docs would include:

•  - Housebook for where you live
  •  - Chanote for where you live
  •  - Rental-Contract for where you live
  •  - Landlord's ID
  •  - Landlord's Housebook

All copies above signed by the landlord. 

3 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Their requirement used to be one witness coming to the office w/ their ID and House-Book, who can attest they know you live together as husband/wife.  This may have changed in the past year or so, but is something which you can probably find out at the front desk - which is the best place to start the process, though expect more requirements may be added at the desk where you attempt to submit your application. 

Beware that if you rent, you may need more documentation from the landlord that was needed for your TM-30 as "proof of residence" - though the TM-30 must also be current.  Landlord docs would include:

•  - Housebook for where you live
  •  - Chanote for where you live
  •  - Rental-Contract for where you live
  •  - Landlord's ID
  •  - Landlord's Housebook

All copies above signed by the landlord. 

Just extended my non-o for the 7th year in a row in Bangkok. Was surprised that they did, in fact, ask for 

-Housebook for where you live

- Chanote for where you live

- Rental-Contract for where you live

- Landlord's ID

- Landlord's Housebook

All need to be copied with the original signature of the landlord. Front and back pages of Chanote are required. 

The prior 6 years all i needed was the rental contract and my landlord's ID card. The house deed, etc. seem to be something new they've recently added.   Also, the first extension year they asked for a photo in our bedroom. Year 2 when I brought the photo of us in our bedroom, they said it wasn't required...so extension years 2 -6 a photo in the bedroom wasn't required, but seems to be a requirement again. Oh well, they like to keep us jumping through hoops. 

Edited by echrist
missed word
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

You do not want a re-entry if getting a new visa = have no knowledge on taking car into Laos but perhaps you will leave at border crossing and then take bus.  Marriage visa will require you have original of marriage certificate as well as copy and wife home register/id copies.  You can obtain multi entry - next working day afternoon service and cost 5k.  You are right not available for retirement without financials.  

As last resort in September am thinking of going to savannaket for MEV based on marriage. Switching from retirement to marriage. Visa due mid September (30 days before current extension expires) Married 2 years, but just registering in May. I will have an un-used re-entry permit in my passport at that time. I get each year but don't use. Why do you say can't have re-entry permit in passport, and what happens if you do? What do do in that case?

Edited by Danthai

16 minutes ago, Danthai said:

As last resort in September am thinking of going to savannaket for MEV based on marriage. Switching from retirement to marriage. Visa due mid September (30 days before current extension expires) Married 2 years, but just registering in May. I will have an un-used re-entry permit in my passport at that time. I get each year but don't use. Why do you say can't have re-entry permit in passport, and what happens if you do? What do do in that case?

My post was to a traveler in another thread without a re-entry permit asking if he should get. 

24 minutes ago, Danthai said:

Why do you say can't have re-entry permit in passport, and what happens if you do? What do do in that case?

No problem to apply for the visa.

The only problem you could have is when entering the country. The officer could insist on using the re-entry permit if it allowed a longer stay than the visa which in your case it would not unless you left the country more than 90 day before it expires.

• Like 1

Jomtien only required 1 witness from me
they needed to sign a copy of their house book and ID..no need to go to the Jomtien office..(this year) no need for them to have seen a wedding ceremony...just that they know the both of you ( you and wife ) the officials that come to visit at your home will ask questions of the witness like how long they have known you, how do you know each other,what jobs you all do,
this year they asked me where the 400,000 in bank account came from...the senior officer also announced/asked "does he pass ? " lucky for me everyone,wife witness and other immigration official all said yes [emoji106] so the man from Del Monte he say yes and this "Farang" (pineapple) gets to stay another year.

• Like 1