Another one bites the dust (me)

Pravda

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 11:26 AM, BritManToo said:

I spent 30 years doing what she wanted, and still didn't get it (much).

If she'd been a new car I'd have demanded a refund from the garage.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

All men are stupid when it comes to the small head thinking. 

It's only when we get to the stage of no interest in them, that we realise just what plonkers we were to pander to them.

Had I been at that stage 40 years ago I'd have been richer, happier and living in LOS.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Thongkorn said:

Just leave, you will never win  any Mind games with Thai women, They just dont care , diffrent culture they live in the Now dont think about the future or past. best of luck 

True, IMO. When my wife dumped me she got a rotten life in exchange. She never thought about what her life would be like without the ATM.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

True, IMO. When my wife dumped me she got a rotten life in exchange. She never thought about what her life would be like without the ATM.

It would be interesting if someone did a survey on if they thought their lives were more comfortable or happier after the divorce. I'm thinking not, in most cases, even though they got a free house and most of the money we earnt.

One woman I met in the UK confessed to me, she had dumped her husband and married the new guy, then 3 months later realised the new guy had effectively turned into the old guy, but she only had half the money she previously had.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It would be interesting if someone did a survey on if they thought their lives were more comfortable or happier after the divorce.

I'm thinking not, in most cases, even though they got a free house and most of the money we earnt.

My wife got a multi millionaire new husband who gave her 3 houses and collects luxury cars and yachts and is well respected all over the world.  They are frequently in the newspaper for charity balls  and so on.  My daughter had to build a new garage for her son's toy cars and trucks that he rides around in during parades.  Plus new hubby's a nice guy and 10 years older than me so one foot in the grave. No prenup.  My X is a good talker. 

Edited by marcusarelus

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2019 at 9:29 AM, Pravda said:

I probably would.... if my visa wasn't expiring in a week.

Great timing!

I know a guy here still married but separated and estranged for over 5 years. He goes to Savanakhet Laos with his marriage paper. Don't think he needs any ID's or Tabien baans etc. No money in the bank required. 12 month multiple entry marriage visa. Only difference is he has to leave and re enter every 3 months.

17 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Things cant be that bad, even if she really didnt want to live with you that she wouldnt help you out signing a few papers to renew your visa surely.

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Well, I am still in her townhouse. She did sign the papers.

I'm looking for a place and not really sure which part of the city to go.

Thinking Nonthaburi.

1 minute ago, Pravda said:

No offense to anyone who's paying to be in a relationship, but I'd rather slash my wrists than be a cash cow for anyone especially a Thai woman who's family is better off than mine and has rights and privileges in Thailand unlike me who has none.

The cow I'm renting has great udders!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The cow I'm renting has great udders!

I mean getting married than paying once a month for the privilege of being with a Thai woman.

Forget about it

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

What is so great about your pay-as-you-go girlfriends breasts?

If you have to ask, you'll probably never understand what the attraction is.

I'm not attracted to huge mammaries, so Thai ladies were a delight for me. So much so, I wanted to live there for the rest of my life, rather than farang land.

• Like 1

So, for the past week she's been in a better mood. Her parents come several times a year to Bangkok to visit a hospital and out of the blue she tells me she will "talk to them about our situation". This is literally 30 minutes after I booked a nice hotel next weekend for us.

I guess she will spew her version of the story and her parents will now hate my guts. I have to say that this really upsets me and honestly I'd leave by now if it wasn't for my extreme curiosity of how all this is going to play out....so I'll stick around for a bit longer. Not that my life is exciting here anyway.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Pravda said:

I guess she will spew her version of the story and her parents will now hate my guts. I have to say that this really upsets me and honestly I'd leave by now if it wasn't for my extreme curiosity of how all this is going to play out....so I'll stick around for a bit longer. Not that my life is exciting here anyway.

Everyone else can see how it's gonna play out ................. badly.

Probably with physical damage (duck feeding) or death for you.

Are you expecting a shag in the 'nice hotel'?

Just wondering.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Everyone else can see how it's gonna play out ................. badly.

Probably with physical damage (duck feeding) or death for you.

If you need to spend money on a woman, get someone else.

That's a bit of a fear mongering.

Worst case scenario Thai Visa members can read about this train wreck in real time.

20 hours ago, Pravda said:

No offense to anyone who's paying to be in a relationship, but I'd rather slash my wrists than be a cash cow for anyone especially a Thai woman who's family is better off than mine and has rights and privileges in Thailand unlike me who has none.

You are "paying to be in a relationship" in so many ways already, just not in baht.  Living with someone and constantly wondering, "will she be in a good mood today?"  or discussing who owns what, who deserves what, who works harder, whose family is better - there is no healthy relationship there  IMHO.... 

Although many other situations could be considered worse, like the one below.   Wish you good luck

Wife out of control

By Glorfindal, Yesterday at 01:45 AM in Marriage and divorce 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 473geo said:

I don't really see this as a train wreck at all, the driver is asking you to get off, free ride over

Read the post below from a smart member.

Nothing is free.

Just be strong, and stick to your convictions. Do not grovel. Walk away. If you are not in a relationship where you are making each other better versions of yourselves, what is the point of being there? Just to pass the time? Whining, groaning, always moody. Who needs that? Why subject yourself to that? Her decision is a great blessing for you. It allows you to move on, and find someone who is worthy of your attention. Even if you give it a break, is she going to change, and become a better version of herself? Is she going to become someone who is delightful to be around? I seriously doubt it. Get out. Get out now, while you still have your self esteem. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

Just be strong, and stick to your convictions. Do not grovel. Walk away. If you are not in a relationship where you are making each other better versions of yourselves, what is the point of being there? Just to pass the time? Whining, groaning, always moody. Who needs that? Why subject yourself to that? Her decision is a great blessing for you. It allows you to move on, and find someone who is worthy of your attention. Even if you give it a break, is she going to change, and become a better version of herself? Is she going to become someone who is delightful to be around? I seriously doubt it. Get out. Get out now, while you still have your self esteem. 

Err..because despite your frequent exhortations for western males to become Johnny Rambo's steroidal mate Sam the SEAL he prefers to bang on and on about..whatever..????????????

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, 473geo said:

There are smart members on this board, most of them have managed both expectation, and financial input, absolute requirements in a relationship........the not too smart members blame Thai women for failing to achieve the same

So, you're just another mug who pays his woman a salary to be with you and somehow that makes your reply intelligent? 

I'd rather follow britmans advice and pay per use than be in a pretend relationship. What's in it for me by giving a salary? Do I suddenly become more respected than her family? Or at least a soi dog?

I'm 45. Plenty of lovely horny women in their 30s with good jobs. This time I won't stick around at the least bit of craziness....I'll just move to the next one.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pravda said:

So, you're just another mug who pays his woman a salary to be with you and somehow that makes your reply intelligent? 

I'd rather follow britmans advice and pay per use than be in a pretend relationship. What's in it for me by giving a salary? Do I suddenly become more respected than her family? Or at least a soi dog?

I'm 45. Plenty of lovely horny women in their 30s with good jobs. This time I won't stick around at the least bit of craziness....I'll just move to the next one.

Of course you will, not unusual to fail at something when still a wet behind the ears 45 year old - good luck

• Haha 1